Roy

Roy

Resident Nardo Hater

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,507 posts
  • LocationYellow is the new Black

Ooooh 

we will be talking who has the fastest spin rate in a minute bloody hell.

Cant belive I'm reading on how to clean bloody cleaning cloths ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Whatever next !   :(  :angry:

Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Festering.

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts
  • LocationCemetery Lane.
Garage View Garage

Ooooh 

we will be talking who has the fastest spin rate in a minute bloody hell.

Cant belive I'm reading on how to clean bloody cleaning cloths ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Whatever next !   :(  :angry:

......thinking of getting my hoover mapped to increase suction . :lol:

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

......thinking of getting my hoover mapped to increase suction . :lol:

Are you going to moan about it when the hoover keeps breaking down?

Because of the extra suction.

RS Steve

RS Steve

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts

.........same as post 2 for me.

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire
Very funny guys, do you have your own WhatsApp group dedicated to cleaning cloths as well lol.

Interesting comment from Sawda saying he washes his car every 4-6 weeks because it causes less swirls. I have read over cleaning can wear the paint surface out quicker but not sure if that’s fact or hearsay.

Does everyone wash by hand on here or do any of you go to a local hand wash. We have a Polish ran hand wash place near us which although not up to show standard do a pretty good job.

sawda

sawda

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 783 posts
  • LocationNorth London
Never hand car wash, only detailed. My wife picked up a brand new m140i a few weeks back and I asked the dealership not to clean it. Anyway its her car and she wanted to pick it up clean and not in wrapping paper so I reluctantly agreed. After one dealership wash it was swirl city, detailer sorted it out but was a great proof that the hard work isnt for nothing and if you value your paintwork then one wash is enough to do big damage. Pic below.

https://www.instagra.../p/BcEz1pDl0rm/

It amazes me too the amout if people who think The dealership will do a better wash than the loacl car wash, its the same thing if not worse.

I have also paid for a full front self healing PPF which is great as no more stone chips or swirls, expensive but good.

I dont drive my car as much as I like to anymore so very much a weekend car. Would love a garage but that will have to wait, been using a high quality outdoor car cover and has saved me alot of work on the cleaning front. I like a clean car but I hate the cleaning itself, too time consuming a1da4816cab4af3dd248fcc6ba1fba44.jpg

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Danw

Danw

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts
I started washing my own cars a few years back someone pointed out to me the swirl marks on my paint work. Started to get in to the detailling side of it last year, complete game changer. The downside to this is that it requires time and patience so will not be everyone’s cup of tea but when your car is fully polished and coated be wax or a ceramic sealant, not only will it never look so good maintenance washing is a lot quicker and easier to complete.

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire

Hi sawda, I looked at the picture but wasn't sure what I was looking at?

It looked like something clear that was much better after the work, but I think I am missing the plot here, blind or both. :wacko:

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent
It’s just a 50/50 (before and after) correction

Oldmanracing

Oldmanracing

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts
confession time.....

I haven't washed my car for over 3 months and during the worst time of year with all the filth on the road, now it's not that I didn't want too, as I properly over clean my car, it gets attention at leat weekly.......

I do have a good excuse as I have slipped a disk, and been bed/sofa ridden for 8 weeks and doing anything recently let alone car washing has been difficult to say the least, Op pending I should be fixed soon!

And...... as I have learnt from my own experience I NEVER let anyone else clean your pride and joy (unless they are a detailer )
The temptation to get it at clean has been huge but I have held off, hopefully I will be able to spend some time giving my car the treatment it deserves but currently it's very grimey, looks neglected and well used.
It's the longest it's not be cleaned.......
Will post some pics before me (or a detailer) clean it, am sure will make a good before and after project......

Anyone else have a filthy mistress that needs a good detail?

OMR

Danw

Danw

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts
OMR hopefully your back will be fixed up soon and you can crouch down and attend those inner wheel arches mate 😂👍

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

confession time.....
I haven't washed my car for over 3 months and during the worst time of year with all the filth on the road, now it's not that I didn't want too, as I properly over clean my car, it gets attention at leat weekly.......
I do have a good excuse as I have slipped a disk, and been bed/sofa ridden for 8 weeks and doing anything recently let alone car washing has been difficult to say the least, Op pending I should be fixed soon!
And...... as I have learnt from my own experience I NEVER let anyone else clean your pride and joy (unless they are a detailer )
The temptation to get it at clean has been huge but I have held off, hopefully I will be able to spend some time giving my car the treatment it deserves but currently it's very grimey, looks neglected and well used.
It's the longest it's not be cleaned.......
Will post some pics before me (or a detailer) clean it, am sure will make a good before and after project......
Anyone else have a filthy mistress that needs a good detail?
OMR

0MR

I have one of those & she good at detailing mate  :P 

Dell.

Edited by RS3Dell, 10 January 2018 - 06:26 PM.

MacD

MacD

Site Owner

• Owner
  • 4,777 posts
  • LocationDark side of the moon
Garage View Garage
Mines booked in for a full correction detail in a weeks time, can't wait as the swirls have been doing my tree in!

The official RS3 Owners Club forum - www.audirs3oc.com 

JamesBaby

JamesBaby

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

had mine corrected back in July and it came out lush but now I want to maintain it myself. 

I stopped taking it to Itchy and Scratchy on the road side, and wont let dealers wash it.

My new DA Polisher has arrived this week and I will be polishing it and putting some GTechnique CSL and Exo on it. Wish me luck.

Oldmanracing

Oldmanracing

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

had mine corrected back in July and it came out lush but now I want to maintain it myself. 

I stopped taking it to Itchy and Scratchy on the road side, and wont let dealers wash it.

My new DA Polisher has arrived this week and I will be polishing it and putting some GTechnique CSL and Exo on it. Wish me luck.

Itchy and Scratchy..... excellent.... almost as good as the Sainsbury's one bucket and one dirty sponge brigade....
Swrilmeisters......

OMR

Danw

Danw

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Let us know what you think of CSL and exo James, application and after thoughts as this is my route come spring now 👍

JamesBaby

JamesBaby

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Let us know what you think of CSL and exo James, application and after thoughts as this is my route come spring now

Yes I will do mate. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keithm

Keithm

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
Silverback drying towel, best so far for me, I think the car guru did a review on this against other drying towels and this was number 1

StuRS3

StuRS3

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • LocationBerkshire
I have CSBlack on my wife’s corsa and it gets a 2 day detail every year its such a joy to clean

Stu

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.