40 replies to this topic

Duke3D

Duke3D

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationBerkshire

Has anyone fitted the Whiteline  Anti Lift Kit themselves? 

I am interested to know how difficult it is to get the original bush & bracket off of the control arm.

Is it do,able with a soft faced hammer or does it need a puller?

Ta in advance.

Audi RS3 8P 2011: Phantom Black, Retrofit genuine Audi black grille. Mods: Milltek Decat pipes, Bilstein B16 Coilovers with 034 Motorsport top mounts. Superpro front control arms, Powerflex Gearbox & Dogbone mount inserts, 034 Motorsport Rear ARB, 034 Motorsport Front & Rear Drop Links. Reyland 370mm front brake rotors.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts
The original bush and housing come off pretty easily.
There's a video on you tube where whiteline go through the procedure on a MK 6 golf

marshy

marshy

Valued Club Member

• Account Removed
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts
  • LocationDumfriesshire
I changed the ones on my S3 on a jack and axle stands.
Pretty much a twist and pull off although I used a lever bar to start them moving.
Once you get some lube in there they move easy enough.
Most people including me at the time used the super pro anti lift kit as its deemed much better and the bushes last forever! Unlike the WALK kit where the bushes split pretty easily.

Duke3D

Duke3D

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationBerkshire

Cheers guys, yeah I had read about some early W.A.L.K. inner part of the bushes splitting 2-3 years ago but also read the changed the density of the poly so not really an issue anymore. However looking at the Super Pro I see they use a metal sleeve around the inner bush so can believe this is harder wearing.

Think I am sold on the Super Pro's then so thanks for the heads up.

Thought about doing the front bush at the same time to make sure I take all the slop out of the front suspension arm but don't fancy the agro of hacking the bush out without access to a proper press. I'll see how it goes just with the rear 1st.

Order placed  :D

Audi RS3 8P 2011: Phantom Black, Retrofit genuine Audi black grille. Mods: Milltek Decat pipes, Bilstein B16 Coilovers with 034 Motorsport top mounts. Superpro front control arms, Powerflex Gearbox & Dogbone mount inserts, 034 Motorsport Rear ARB, 034 Motorsport Front & Rear Drop Links. Reyland 370mm front brake rotors.

marshy

marshy

Valued Club Member

• Account Removed
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts
  • LocationDumfriesshire
I fitted the front bushes too and they made a noticeable difference. Easy to fit as I pushed the old ones out in the vice with a socket.
The problem I had was I tried powerflex first then super pro but no matter how much lube was used they creaked after a month or so!
I relubed them a few times then refitted stock ones.

Duke3D

Duke3D

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationBerkshire

FFS, this is my 2nd time of trying to get the original bush and bracket off to fit the Super pro's. 1st time I tried on the car, loads of WD40 and a friggin crow bar but no joy so today I have taken the arms off the car but no amount of leverage, pulling or twisting is shifting it.

Last attempt will be to try and use a drift on the end of the arm with the bracket in a vice. after that Feck knows.

HAs any one actually don't this for themselves on an RS3 as a comparison might have a few suggestions as mine are so frggin tight !!!!

Edited by Duke3D, 18 March 2016 - 01:12 PM.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

FFS, this is my 2nd time of trying to get the original bush and bracket off to fit the Super pro's. 1st time I tried on the car, loads of WD40 and a friggin crow bar but no joy so today I have taken the arms off the car but no amount of leverage, pulling or twisting is shifting it.

Last attempt will be to try and use a drift on the end of the arm with the bracket in a vice. after that Feck knows.

HAs any one actually don't this for themselves on an RS3 as a comparison might have a few suggestions as mine are so frggin tight !!!!

Duke are you saying the rubber bush is that tightly pressed on to the wish bone arm, that it ain't coming off ?

Could you not try a 2 legged puller ?

Edited by T-800, 18 March 2016 - 01:29 PM.

Duke3D

Duke3D

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationBerkshire

Duke are you saying the rubber bush is that tightly pressed on to the wish bone arm, that it ain't coming off ?

Could you not try a 2 legged puller ?

Yeah, T-800. The bush is so friggin tight on the end of the arm. Unfortunately I don't have a puller to hand.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Yeah, T-800. The bush is so friggin tight on the end of the arm. Unfortunately I don't have a puller to hand.

May be best to go purchase one or borrow one mate.

Could avoid you twatting the hell out of it.

Duke3D

Duke3D

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationBerkshire
Yeah beggining to think that.

FFS so that will be a 3rd attempt.

Bloody cars are a pain to work on.

Think i'll take up an easier hobby like brain surgery :lol:

Edited by Duke3D, 18 March 2016 - 02:21 PM.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Yeah begging to think that.

FFS so that will be a 3rd attempt.

Bloody cars are a pain to work on.

Think i'll take up an easier hobby like brain surgery :lol:

They can be hard enough to work on, even with the correct tools mate........

Duke3D

Duke3D

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationBerkshire
Tried twatting it just in case. No joy not surprisingly. Audi workshop manual says to use a hydraulic press. Think this may be right. Not sure on other models but the inner of this bush has a steel liner by the looks of it.

Offending item:

68144b48e0b84d1af2324987a483c957.jpg

db39d6635f097f94a650f6e608f6ee39.jpg

64dbca2801047932d95503304977f10f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duke3D

Duke3D

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationBerkshire
46080f31712c017f0064dbbffdd55f2a.jpg

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts
Duke have you a grinder ?

Duke3D

Duke3D

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationBerkshire
LOL, yeah I do but I really wasn't planning on fffing the bracket up by cutting it off.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

LOL, yeah I do but I really wasn't planning on fffing the bracket up by cutting it off.

Ok mate just an idea.

I imagined you'd not be reusing old mounts.

The whiteline come complete don't they?

Edit I see you are using super pro so I'm assuming just the bushes you have then

Edited by T-800, 18 March 2016 - 02:35 PM.

Duke3D

Duke3D

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationBerkshire
Yeah, just the rear bracket bush/ extra castor thingies.

Super pro do sell the complete arm with both front bush and rear bush and bracket already fitted. I almost bought them but decided on the rear bush/ bracket just to see if that was ok before doing the front bush.

Hmmm might be some Superpro brackets up for sale soon

Edited by Duke3D, 18 March 2016 - 02:38 PM.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Yeah, just the rear bracket bush/ extra castor thingies.

Super pro do sell the complete arm with both front bush and rear bush and bracket already fitted. I almost bought them but decided on the rear bush/ bracket just to see if that was ok before doing the front bush.

Hmmm might be some Superpro brackets up for sale soon

Best to buy the bracket kit mate

That way you've not got any of the ball ache you've got now.

And you could've ground a slot across the old ones to help get them off.

Duke3D

Duke3D

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationBerkshire
No I do have the Superpro brackets but. I wanted to keep the originals to re-fit at some point in the future.

b06b8d54e82e5ce180b5888aec4ad4e8.jpg

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Duke.....

You are going to swap them back over in the future, for old used ones ?

Trust me mate, if you really have to take them off, buy a pair of new ones mate.......they can't be that expensive.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.