91 replies to this topic

Duke3D

Duke3D

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationBerkshire
The more I try to drive in manual cog swapping mode the more I realise the stock paddles are nowhere up to the job. They are far too small and too far away from the wheel. So looking around for an alternative which looks fairly OEM not like most of the MAX-POWER specials out there and not wanting to pay stupid money for MTM or Audi R8 parts I have found these.

Attached File  image.jpg   29.55K   61 downloads

Attached File  image.jpg   34.24K   61 downloads

Attached File  image.jpg   58.59K   52 downloads

I was thinking of the aluminium finish ones to match the Audi paddles Has anyone fitted this make of extension to give me some feedback if they are any good?
Audi RS3 8P 2011: Phantom Black, Retrofit genuine Audi black grille. Mods: Milltek Decat pipes, Bilstein B16 Coilovers with 034 Motorsport top mounts. Superpro front control arms, Powerflex Gearbox & Dogbone mount inserts, 034 Motorsport Rear ARB, 034 Motorsport Front & Rear Drop Links. Reyland 370mm front brake rotors.

P_G

P_G

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,584 posts
Garage View Garage
Haven't got those ones but do have carbon fibre ones that fix on to the OEM shifters. The MTM ones are made by a firm in Korea where I bought them from for around half the price but they were quite chunky. Went cf because they were lighter, slimmer but still sturdy and I can take them off if I ever sell.

For me they are a must and the tips of my fingers sit on them nicely rather than stretching to reach the OEM ones and gear changing when steering now is a doddle

marshy

marshy

Valued Club Member

• Account Removed
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts
  • LocationDumfriesshire

Haven't got those ones but do have carbon fibre ones that fix on to the OEM shifters. The MTM ones are made by a firm in Korea where I bought them from for around half the price but they were quite chunky. Went cf because they were lighter, slimmer but still sturdy and I can take them off if I ever sell.

For me they are a must and the tips of my fingers sit on them nicely rather than stretching to reach the OEM ones and gear changing when steering now is a doddle

Do you have a link or pictures of the type you have?

Duke3D

Duke3D

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationBerkshire
I've seen the Germantek ones if that is what you are talking about but too rich for my blood at £300.Attached File  image.jpg   25.57K   41 downloads

Think these aluminium look ABS ones look a fairly similar design to these CF ones so for @ £60 I think I will have a punt on them.
Attached File  image.jpg   32.1K   47 downloads

Edited by Duke3D, 17 May 2015 - 09:00 PM.

Audi RS3 8P 2011: Phantom Black, Retrofit genuine Audi black grille. Mods: Milltek Decat pipes, Bilstein B16 Coilovers with 034 Motorsport top mounts. Superpro front control arms, Powerflex Gearbox & Dogbone mount inserts, 034 Motorsport Rear ARB, 034 Motorsport Front & Rear Drop Links. Reyland 370mm front brake rotors.

Josh

Josh

If it's got **** or wheels it'll lose you money!

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 705 posts
  • LocationDerbyshire

You need to be very careful which ones you go for. i was after some but they only fit S3/R32 ect. The shifters are different shapes and got caught out. Fortunately I saw and cancelled so I'd be very keen to find some that work for my small chubby fingers lol 

P_G

P_G

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,584 posts
Garage View Garage

Do you have a link or pictures of the type you have?

Marshy, mine were custom made by Argon Creative who are local to me. They may still have the moulds available if you contact them to make more. There are some pics on here of them, just can't remember where! They don't look like the ones Duke3D has posted up and were about half the price.

marshy

marshy

Valued Club Member

• Account Removed
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts
  • LocationDumfriesshire
I've sent them an email to see if they can make them and how much.
I've had a look but can't find any of your pics with them fitted

TheLegate

TheLegate

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Got these for mine, think they're the same.

Looks good imo and definitely improved the shifting which was the main goal.

Attached Files

marshy

marshy

Valued Club Member

• Account Removed
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts
  • LocationDumfriesshire
Has anyone looked at these?
http://m.aliexpress....obilesitedetail

Pat

Pat

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts
  • LocationStaffs/Cheshire border
PSI Tuning stock them in carbon or alu.... Or so the boss there told me they'd got them in stock for mine

Duke3D

Duke3D

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationBerkshire
These turned up in the post today
Attached File  image.jpg   81.35K   31 downloads

Pretty good service from Relak considering I ordered them on Monday and they were shipped free of charge from California. They look pretty good quality for an ABS part, nice weight, feel solid, no rough edges, perfect fit on the original paddles.

5 minutes to fit
Attached File  image.jpg   62.5K   37 downloads

Now I just have to wait the recommended 72 hours to ensure they have bonded before using them! Oh well I will have fun on my drive home from work on Tuesday night.

AudiRS3

AudiRS3

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • LocationLancashire

They look brilliant, definitely look the part.  :wub:

Muzza80

Muzza80

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

But much for me but I'm sure they're very functional.

I've ordered these ones:

$_57.JPG

Kelza

Kelza

Elite Club Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts
  • LocationCumbria
R8 paddles
Attached File  image.jpg   67.14K   30 downloads
Attached File  image.jpg   66.44K   29 downloads

Before ..
Attached File  image.jpg   62.68K   28 downloads

marshy

marshy

Valued Club Member

• Account Removed
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts
  • LocationDumfriesshire

But much for me but I'm sure they're very functional.

I've ordered these ones:

$_57.JPG

Do you have a link mate?

P_G

P_G

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,584 posts
Garage View Garage

They are on fleabay from China. Google "auto-superman paddle extenders" and Bob's your Auntie. 

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts
The R8 ones tempted me however the £500 price did not

Roy

Roy

Resident Nardo Hater

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,507 posts
  • LocationYellow is the new Black

likewise

Duke3D

Duke3D

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationBerkshire

ditto

Kelza

Kelza

Elite Club Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts
  • LocationCumbria
I was so close to getting r8 ones fitted ahh well never mind :)

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.