4 replies to this topic

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire
Moving to the RS3 from a Scirocco R had good and bad points, but overall still a good upgrade. The one thing I’ve never been sold on is the seats especially as I had the Recaro sport seats option. My intention was always to fit some aftermarket lighter seats but never managed to find recliners that were either light enough to bother swapping or as good quality as the super sports seats.

I have seen these Sparco SFX carbon seats which only weigh 12kg. The plan would be to have the rear trimmed to match and see what framework is like inside. If it’s heavy my welder mate will make something lighter before it’s put back together. The one thing I don’t want to lose is the the front seat heaters and wondered if you can buy the heater part with wiring to plug in?

Attached Images

• 16028806-E839-4488-9B70-104DB414B0AD.jpeg

Gazzafaegreenock

Gazzafaegreenock

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
You can definitely buy the pads, so I think it would be a case of either buying new(see Tom at crew Audi) or just gut your current seats. Unless they’re super sports.

Alternatively, find a breakers yard with the car that’s popped the airbags. Then gut them.

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire

You can definitely buy the pads, so I think it would be a case of either buying new(see Tom at crew Audi) or just gut your current seats. Unless they’re super sports.

Alternatively, find a breakers yard with the car that’s popped the airbags. Then gut them.

My seats are really good condition so I intend to sell them and wouldn't want to gut them. Good idea with the breakers yard.

Apart from the fact they are not in stock due to being a brand new seat, you cannot get a frame from Sparco for an RS3 8v and the same with OMP which are the same size. I might have to look at having some made unless I can find something online.

StephenG

StephenG

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts
Could check out AMX performance, will do plug and play recaros trimmed to match the RS3 interior, not as light as the sparco but still a good reclining option.

Edited by StephenG, 01 April 2022 - 12:46 PM.

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire

Could check out AMX performance, will do plug and play recaros trimmed to match the RS3 interior, not as light as the sparco but still a good reclining option.

Very interesting site for sure and some great trimming.

I have spoke to a couple of dealers and found out the following on weights:

65 lbs - RS3 Super Sports seat
35 lbs - Recaro CS Sport seat
28 lbs - Sparco SPX carbon seat

These are figures taken off the scales. Sparco state the SPX was 12kg but it seems slightly heavier. CS weight is based on the material trim so full leather might be a bit higher but for the money are are not that heavy and great value.
They said the SPX is far better made but at 5 times the price of the CS it should be.

Either one the least you would save is 30 lbs a side which is a lot.

Reply to this topic

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.