1 reply to this topic

Auld Fifer

Auld Fifer

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Guys,

Needing some help please.

Thinking of upgrading the engine of my 2018 RS3 8V a bit more.

Can anyone tell me what the max power the crankshaft in my DAZA engine will take before catastrophic failure?

Also, for the guys that have already changed the pistons and rods, what did you fit and what's the compression ratio achieved?

Thanks

BenTTU

BenTTU

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationTamworth
What power are you trying to achieve? Torque is what kills these engines. 500lbf.ft is realistically your limit before rod meets the outside world.

We find when doing engine builds and tuning, you have to spec pistons & CR to suit your overall hardware. You wouldn't for example over size or drop cr, if your staying with stock frame turbo. If your going big turbo this will then move the goal post to how you want the car to act. Lower cr will help with big turbo but can introduce more lag which then makes the car crap for road use.

Ask yourself what you want from the car first, don't worry about what others have done as most chase figures instead of useable power.

Ben

Reply to this topic

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.