31 replies to this topic

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire

Having seen T-800's avatar I am sure he will be a fountain of knowledge on this subject.  :)

Has anyone fitted a DS1 and do they think it is worth doing?

I understand you can have more switching maps, but what I am not sure is on the use of e85 and octane boosters. As I understand it there is no point adding octane booster that has a lower calorific value than 98/99 pump fuel so needs the timing etc. altered to suit, preferably with a different map for each type. Does this allow you to run on the same map and just add varying fuel without changing maps, or am I being a bit optimistic?

https://www.dynospec...ttrs-med17-1-62

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Having seen T-800's avatar I am sure he will be a fountain of knowledge on this subject. :)

Has anyone fitted a DS1 and do they think it is worth doing?

I understand you can have more switching maps, but what I am not sure is on the use of e85 and octane boosters. As I understand it there is no point adding octane booster that has a lower calorific value than 98/99 pump fuel so needs the timing etc. altered to suit, preferably with a different map for each type. Does this allow you to run on the same map and just add varying fuel without changing maps, or am I being a bit optimistic?

https://www.dynospec...ttrs-med17-1-62

Yup happy DS1 user here

I’m running custom mapping that has been logged and tweaked as I’ve gone along.

I have used Klotz OB and currently on a mix of e30 ethanol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire

Yup happy DS1 user here

So does this mean you can swap from pump to e30 without changing maps and the system does all the calculations for you? 

Did you ever do any power runs to see the difference and is there anything specific which helps with tuning?

Edited by StuW13, 05 May 2021 - 08:22 AM.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

So does this mean you can swap from pump to e30 without changing maps and the system does all the calculations for you?

I can change the ethanol content on the VC.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts
https://youtu.be/GZosWlu0_14

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts
A friend who uses Dyno Spectrum with his TTRS
Similar stage 2 mapping to my car.

https://youtu.be/120Y9NX0uOI

Sequence

Sequence

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Yup happy DS1 user here

Who has done your custom calibration? bevo? 

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Who has done your custom calibration? bevo?

No mate was running a VLM file for a while but switched to a guy in the group called Darin.

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire

No mate was running a VLM file for a while but switched to a guy in the group called Darin.

I see you can switch between 10 maps and I was wondering why so may. I will have low and high boost maps but couldn’t see why you would need others if it changed the maps for different fuel content?

Did the kit come with a sensor or what do you recommend? I take it yours has been really reliable, but what would happen if you was running on a high octane fuel and the sensor went faulty?

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

I see you can switch between 10 maps and I was wondering why so may. I will have low and high boost maps but couldn’t see why you would need others if it changed the maps for different fuel content?

Did the kit come with a sensor or what do you recommend? I take it yours has been really reliable, but what would happen if you was running on a high octane fuel and the sensor went faulty?

8 map switches with a 9 map that can be controlled from 1 of the others for RAL etc by using the cruise control stalk.

map slots for 91,93,100,104 octane + flex fuel
Stock map / valet map / high fan cool down mode

Stage 2+ has a 980cc injector option

I mix the ethanol / 99 then set the gauge manually, the sensors are all made by continental so you just need one that you can wire into the OBD port for live % readings.

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire

8 map switches with a 9 map that can be controlled from 1 of the others for RAL etc by using the cruise control stalk.

map slots for 91,93,100,104 octane + flex fuel
Stock map / valet map / high fan cool down mode

Stage 2+ has a 980cc injector option

I mix the ethanol / 99 then set the gauge manually, the sensors are all made by continental so you just need one that you can wire into the OBD port for live % readings.

Appreciate the replies

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts
Dyno day at Peron automotive.

What a place !!!

ae3cf51c58536d7af30a64baf539d9f9.jpg

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire
Nice smooth graph Sean with torque in coming in nice and low. What hardware are you running with this tune?

Edited by StuW13, 22 May 2021 - 08:19 PM.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Nice smooth graph Sean with torque in coming in nice and low. What hardware are you running with this tune?

Intercooler
Uni elbow and forge hard pipe with air box modded.

Red coil packs and NGK R 9’s.

DV+ from GFB.

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire
Are you running the standard Audi exhaust system?

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Are you running the standard Audi exhaust system?

Yes stock system.

flybynite

flybynite

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Tidy figures on those pulls  B)

May have just been a bad time but I did sign onto the DS FaceAche page and all I could read was some Yanks bitching and willy-waving. Hiding photographs in the map file does nothing for me either as people have hidden other things in them in the past on other tuning platforms and it has caught me out, as has bitching over intellectual property.

I don't need or actually want any more peak figures in this thing of mine, 99/100 is fine for me but I would like to tweak the responses and put a bit more area under the graphs, especially low down.

I know it can open the valves fully in dynamic, but can it keep them fully closed in comfort for a cold start? I could do without it sitting at 1400rpm rattling itself to death first thing in the morning.

I did promise myself I would not go down the tuning rabbit hole with this one but if it would mean I would not need a REVO stage 1, SPS controller and CETE exhaust valve, it starts to make sense even in money terms. :rolleyes:

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Tidy figures on those pulls B)

May have just been a bad time but I did sign onto the DS FaceAche page and all I could read was some Yanks bitching and willy-waving. Hiding photographs in the map file does nothing for me either as people have hidden other things in them in the past on other tuning platforms and it has caught me out, as has bitching over intellectual property.

I don't need or actually want any more peak figures in this thing of mine, 99/100 is fine for me but I would like to tweak the responses and put a bit more area under the graphs, especially low down.

I know it can open the valves fully in dynamic, but can it keep them fully closed in comfort for a cold start? I could do without it sitting at 1400rpm rattling itself to death first thing in the morning.

I did promise myself I would not go down the tuning rabbit hole with this one but if it would mean I would not need a REVO stage 1, SPS controller and CETE exhaust valve, it starts to make sense even in money terms. :rolleyes:

This is why I went DS route.

Warm up phase off
Hi idle off
Wastegate rattle sorted.
Annoying beep at cold start off.

0120raptor

0120raptor

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts
  • LocationUsually in the dyno cell

Ben @ TTU got rid of fast idle on mine.  

Catalunya Red ,Heated rear window,Power steering,Wireless (with FM),Seat belts,Servo assisted brakes.Pneumatic tyres. Disc brakes.

flybynite

flybynite

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Warm up phase off
Hi idle off
Wastegate rattle sorted.
Annoying beep at cold start off.

That's interesting, is that written somewhere that you could do yourself or was that done sending maps back and forth to one of the guys on there? I had a trawl through the FB page but can't see much detail about it.

Like I say the Stage 1 93 octane map looks fine for what I want, that hike around 4K is what interests me most

I would just want to be clear in my own head it I can do the things I want before laying out the cash.

Ben @ TTU got rid of fast idle on mine.  

I guess a few could do it, but if I was driving north I wouldn't drive past MRC. Most likely alternative though is plan A (REVO St1 and CETE controller) Not so worried about fast idle if flaps are closed and it is quiet.

I have to admit, how he has handled himself on here recently has not done him any favours in my book.

Reply to this topic

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.