3 replies to this topic

funkygibbo

funkygibbo

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationJust Outside The Box

Morning

Anyone got thoughts on Audi warranty extension? My car is coming up for 3 years old in May.

Currently only doing around 8k a year in the car, however had a few issues with the car and reading on the various forums the car is not without its faults.

So the dilemma is to take out a warranty (full or part and what excess). Don't take out warranty extension and take my chances or just sell the car.

I usually don't keep my cars beyond 3 years however I have grown to like the RS3 and there is not much out there to replace it (at least within budget.)

Any thoughts appreciated.

Cheers

Funky

Roy

Roy

Resident Nardo Hater

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,507 posts
  • LocationYellow is the new Black

Personally I will be taking out the full extended warranty when its due,in my humble opinion the peace of mind is worth it even if never used.

P_G

P_G

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,584 posts
Garage View Garage

Had the same decision to make with the RS4, in the end I'd rather the money was in my pocket / bank account and I spend as and when necessary as you certainly don't get the sale value equivalent of what you paid for the warranty extension when you do come to sell the car.

As it was I ran the RS4 until it was 6 years old, 3 years out of warranty and never had any warranty related work done on it in those three years and sold the car for the same value as those with similar spec / age / mileage with warranty included.

dbm

dbm

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 982 posts
  • LocationRed Rose County
Garage View Garage
Yep, I've done this. See here:
http://www.audirs3oc...ended-warranty/

RS3 8V | RS3 8P

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.