Photo

Stage 2 help and thoughts - FL

45 replies to this topic

Sequence

Sequence

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

I've since seen the Wagner Evo1 which also doesn't require the crash bar mod for about £750, had just seen the evo3 I think before which is bigger, more expensive and requires the crash bar mod.

Out of interest where is the cheaper cooler you're referring to? From China?!

Yeah I was looking last night and saw the forge turbo elbow. Plenty on ebay sold as a kit along with the hard pipe.

Think I'll be going stage 1 to begin with though then plenty of time to decide what hardware to get or for racingline to catch up and release theirs.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Yea Evo1 is all you really need even on stage 2 for most, Yes china.. they are exact clones of the Wagner evo 1 and seem to perform well. Revo's cooler also does not require a crashbar mod. 

garethdj73

garethdj73

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Yea Evo1 is all you really need even on stage 2 for most, Yes china.. they are exact clones of the Wagner evo 1 and seem to perform well. Revo's cooler also does not require a crashbar mod.

Yeah I've literally just found them on ebay. I wonder what the quality difference is like. I will be keeping to a relatively small budget but don't want to go total cheapo. Been there with a custom exhaust before and regretted it.

Revo cooler was what I found first but it's about £200 more than the Evo1 so I think that wins for me!

Sequence

Sequence

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Yeah I've literally just found them on ebay. I wonder what the quality difference is like. I will be keeping to a relatively small budget but don't want to go total cheapo. Been there with a custom exhaust before and regretted it.

Revo cooler was what I found first but it's about £200 more than the Evo1 so I think that wins for me!

Yea, totally understand, i know of 2 cars for sure running the china variant both at stage 2  and running well there is also another higher profile user using one as well. 

garethdj73

garethdj73

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
I'm just having another look tbh, for the price might be worth a punt!

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire

I'm just having another look tbh, for the price might be worth a punt!

Don’t forget if you ever want to go higher it’s worth getting as better one in the first place. If you are not it a rush I have the forge IC on mine which hopefully will be replaced in about 3 months time ish. I have a bigger development one being made once the have sorted the crash bar and this one will be surplus (500 miles so far).

garethdj73

garethdj73

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
Will never go beyond stage 2 with this car, couldn't justify the spend I'd just think about that as a down payment on something like an M5 or E63s!

If I do go stage 2 deffo don't want to be messing with the stock crash bar so would rule out the likes of forge.

Think I'm pretty set on the Racingline route. Only thing that I like about Revo over RL is the valves always open in sport but might do a res delete and see what difference thet makes, imagine it'd be subtle but enough for me.

Dan_DJT

Dan_DJT

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Revo stage2 performance pack will be out soon, its in Beta testing right now so if you can wait a little bit longer that could be an option for you.

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire

Does this keep them literally all the time or just when in certain settings? Like the idea of going quiet when I've got the kids in the car but nice and loud when I'm by myself!

No I have mine open all the time. I get on well with my neighbours which helps.  :)

To be honest even with valves open all the time it's not that bad when you are not putting your foot down.

garethdj73

garethdj73

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Revo stage2 performance pack will be out soon, its in Beta testing right now so if you can wait a little bit longer that could be an option for you.

When you say performance pack what does this consist of, hardware and software bundle? Gearbox map I assume too?

Dan_DJT

Dan_DJT

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

When you say performance pack what does this consist of, hardware and software bundle? Gearbox map I assume too?

Hardware and software , doesn't include a gearbox map.  

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire

For sure this will be for the hardware as well. I would imagine it would be the same level of kit used on the Focus RS:

https://www.onlyrevo...erformance-pack

garethdj73

garethdj73

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Hardware and software , doesn't include a gearbox map.

Gearbox map coming too or available separately?

Dan_DJT

Dan_DJT

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Gearbox map coming too or available separately?

Sadly Revo don't yet do gearbox maps for the RS3.  Its hard to compete with established suppliers like TVS etc.  The car(s) drive OK without a map but my advice (from me not Revo) would be to get a TVS gearbox map.  A Revo Stg2 performance pack and TVS gearbox map will give you a seriously fast and drivable car.

garethdj73

garethdj73

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Sadly Revo don't yet do gearbox maps for the RS3. Its hard to compete with established suppliers like TVS etc. The car(s) drive OK without a map but my advice (from me not Revo) would be to get a TVS gearbox map. A Revo Stg2 performance pack and TVS gearbox map will give you a seriously fast and drivable car.

What have Revo done development wise, assume tested without a map but also with a TVS map?

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts
TVS Stage2+ here.
Very happy with the results, can keep the car in Dynamic without looking like a loon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan_DJT

Dan_DJT

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Both the DAZA and DNWA development cars are without gearbox maps, some of the other cars used overseas for Beta testing have gearbox maps. 

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts
I used the TVS flash tool.

Pricey but it meant I could flash the map myself.
3df9c9c617393090bbef919b569d50f3.jpg

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire

I used the TVS flash tool.

Pricey but it meant I could flash the map myself.
3df9c9c617393090bbef919b569d50f3.jpg

Hi T800

I would like to go for a TVS map as well and would be doing their stage 3 to map my build. Can you please explain what flash tool does?

I saw the pricing and it's £1500 for stage 3 DSG.

Also could the map be set to work better (or take advantage) if an IROZ/SYVECS Haldex controller was used?

Edited by StuW13, 14 February 2021 - 10:56 AM.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Hi T800

I would like to go for a TVS map as well and would be doing their stage 3 to map my build. Can you please explain what flash tool does?
I saw the pricing and it's £1500 for stage 3 DSG.
Also could the map be set to work better (or take advantage) if an IROZ/SYVECS Haldex controller was used?

Enables you to do the flash procedure to the DSG yourself at home.
2b2e8cc5749a9543c14d8490e6ac251b.jpg
However I believe higher stages require a visit to a TVS dealer for flashing.

Regarding the Haldex controller and TVS I suggest you contact TVS themselves via email.

garethdj73

garethdj73

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
So having a look about I see MRC have a dealer in Leeds which is about 1 hour 40 from me. Quoted 950 for stage 1 Inc dsg map.

Out of interest I contacted MRC themselves. They seem to offer 50% off the dsg map so actually come out cheaper!

Would have thought pricing would be the same!

Edited by garethdj73, 17 February 2021 - 03:19 PM.

Reply to this topic

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.