BenTTU

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationTamworth
Good morning guys and girls

20200720_080731.jpg

Over the last 6 months we have been working very hard on developing our latest turbo for the 2.5tfsi engines.

We are currently testing the new TTU600+ on our 8v pfl with stock internals. We are only a quater way through the ECU calibrations and quickly realising forged internals may of been a very good idea, as we are limiting the TTU600+ full potential .

But we are here now and have to make the best of our project.

IMG_20200720_073222_409.jpg

Currently we are hitting mid 6s 100 200 with ease no strain on our turbo or engine, the logs are suggesting we have plenty more in the tank to keep pushing!

Screenshot_20200719_200541_dragy.jpg

Keep tuned, we have plenty more to come.
Ben

Edited by BenTTU, 20 July 2020 - 07:20 AM.

AJB-RS3

AJB-RS3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
Awesome news!! Do you need forged internals for the mild hybrid turbo you do Ben?

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

BenTTU

BenTTU

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationTamworth

Awesome news!! Do you need forged internals for the mild hybrid turbo you do Ben?

TTU510S ok on stock internals
TTU600+ Will also be ok on stock internals we just won't push it to its full power

AJB-RS3

AJB-RS3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
Sounds really good bud!! I need to come see you at some point anyway and get a gearbox tune, so I'll have a look and see whats going on then!

Edited by AJB-RS3, 21 July 2020 - 07:06 AM.

BenTTU

BenTTU

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationTamworth
Quick update.

Seems like the car won't push any more, we have a restriction problem. The setup we are running is for our TTU510S and was kind of hoping it be plenty to support the TTU600+ .
I have removed the stock backbox last night ready to be cut open and redesigned. If it does not work then I will have to get a horrible miltek! Which I'm not a fan of.

Also i will be contacting forge this morning to talk about the flow rate of my current intercooler. At the moment the intercooler is cooling well still, but may not be flowing the best.
This week we will be making a larger outlet pipe for the turbo, the pipe that runs down the side of the engine.....some may wonder why I haven't upgraded it, the reason is for pure testing on every component....ive seen others stat it is restrictive but no evidence to back it up.

I also need to upgrade the mounts, but for PFL stuff its hard to come by proven products as hardly any 1 has pushed this model.

Here is some new dragy times for now! And hoping by the end of next week I will have biggger and better results.
Screenshot_20200726_171850_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200727_071912_dragy.jpg

if any one on here actually has built a fast RS3 8v pfl to compare times to, that would be great.

Edited by BenTTU, 28 July 2020 - 07:21 AM.

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts
  • LocationIn a barge near Roy's old barge
Tom wrigley had a breathed upon PFL and it was running just below 3s to 60mph at Rockingham a few years ago. I'll try to find out what power it had.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Nardo RS4

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Tom wrigley had a breathed upon PFL and it was running just below 3s to 60mph at Rockingham a few years ago. I'll try to find out what power it had.

TX.

There’s a thread on the other forum about TTE 8P / 8V / 8J cars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BenTTU

BenTTU

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationTamworth

There’s a thread on the other forum about TTE 8P / 8V / 8J cars
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are they UK based on 99ron and wmi not race fuel lol

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent

TX.

That’s was TTE500

BenTTU

BenTTU

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationTamworth
I'm not looking to compare to a TTE500 when the TTU510S sorted that 1 out.

BenTTU

BenTTU

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationTamworth
Update.

We have maxed out boost flow and now forcing boost which is not good, we have spoken to forgemotorsports for there 650hp+ larger intercooler as it seems the current forge cooler is causing the restriction.

So due to work load, i have stopped pushing and enjoying the setup in its current form. Hopefully I can get it on the dyno soon to see what it's actually making, i estimate 640hp.

Ben

Edited by BenTTU, 22 August 2020 - 04:50 PM.

BenTTU

BenTTU

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationTamworth
Here is our dyno results 654hp!! And 532lbf.ft best run of the day was 658hp.

IMG_20200904_201317_487.jpg

Edited by BenTTU, 06 September 2020 - 03:44 PM.

BenTTU

BenTTU

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationTamworth
Evening all

In the background i have been pushing my RS3 8v pfl to its limits with the new TTU600. I have been re routing and changing my meth nozzles along with a few map tweaks. This is where I am with dragy times

Screenshot_20201122_225715_dragy.jpg

Edited by BenTTU, 04 December 2020 - 08:45 PM.

AJB-RS3

AJB-RS3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
Thats looking spot on Ben! Do we have a rough cost for the 600+ yet?

BenTTU

BenTTU

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationTamworth

Thats looking spot on Ben! Do we have a rough cost for the 600+ yet?

Hi yes but price depends on what hardware you currently have, also we only supply the TTU600 if we do the fitting and tuning. Due to the characteristics of this turbo it will require full boost control with fail safe features, as we are the only UK company that can provide this level of software.

Edited by BenTTU, 06 December 2020 - 10:37 PM.

AJB-RS3

AJB-RS3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
Makes sense tbh! Its a big build with a lot of kit! How does it feel compared to the 510s in terms of day to day driving?

BenTTU

BenTTU

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationTamworth
Day to day driving is pretty much the same, full boost is low 3k rpm.

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire
Hi Ben
How your 700 development going now? I guess with the compressor wheel size no one is able to go any higher due to the size of the standard body?

BenTTU

BenTTU

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationTamworth
Update

Not had much to update over the last couple of months, as we maxed out injectors, map sensors and wmi injection on our TTU600. Now work has slowed down a little due to lock down again I have had the opportunity to look into my options to sort the above issues out.

The oem Map sensors that read boost levels can only read 2bar, the TTU600 hits 2bar by mid 3k rpm and holds that to redline which is great but the duty cycle shows the turbo has more to give. After some searching I have found 4bar map sensors to suit so now we can see above 2bar and control the boost correctly.

Now issue number 2, fuel supply, the stock injectors max out around 600hp. We have been using wmi 2x nozzles to aid the extra fuel and gained an extra 60hp on 50 50 mix, I have changed the mix to 70% meth and fitted larger nozzles with a map tweak it did improve the power, I didnt dyno it to see how much more, logs suggest around a further 20hp.
I had 2 options larger injectors,which I see porsche 1s fit but modifications are needed, which with a di engine doesn't sit right with me. This is something I will look into once I forge the engine. The route I have taken is direct port meth, I have ordered 5 meth injectors and a fueling rail. This will eliminate all my problems and give me any extra fuel I need.

This will be a slow process as aquamist has to make them to order and won't be here for 3 to 4 weeks, then fitting and mapping. ..I am hoping by April I will have another update with a draggy or dyno plot showing we are over 700hp on our TTU600.

Edited by BenTTU, 13 March 2021 - 11:08 AM.

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire
If someone had adequate furling from pumps & injectors do you think it’s still worth going di with the WMI and running more. I’m thinking on a car already running WMI with a hybrid turbo?

Reply to this topic

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.