New 8P owner

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

8P4ME

8P4ME

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Morning Gents (and ladies if there are any!)

I'm now the proud owner of a Daytona Grey 8P. I traded in my 2014 Volvo V60 Polestar to get it because I needed 5 cylinders in my life and I don't regret it!. I've only had it for just over a week and it's already been to Midland VW for a full health check and service including the Haldex (just for my own peace of mind). They confirmed it was a good one so that's a massive relief!. I've read a lot of the old 8P posts so I have managed to find answers to a lot of my questions but there are a few left so here goes...

What colour are the OEM shocks?

It's going to MRC for a stage 1 (when they re-open). Do I need to upgrade the air intake and intercooler?

I'm also planning on Reyland discs and Ferodo pads for the front. Is it ok to run stock discs and pads on the rear?

Also they do fixed or floating. Which is better?

It's got 235s all round. Is 41 psi correct?

Do these have TPMS as standard or was it an option?

The previous owner was into DIY and has cut the secondary cats out. It's not a bad job but MIdland VW said the weld was leaking slightly so I would like to tidy up with some proper decat pipes. Anybody selling any?

Also, anybody got a spare parcel shelf peg?. I've got one missing and it's really winding me up. The ones I've found on fleabay don't appear to match the one that's left?

Any owners from the Midlands?. I'm looking to get my Rotas refurbed and need recommendations.

I think that's it for now!

Edited by 8P4ME, 08 June 2020 - 07:18 AM.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

Hiya & welcome mate

Oem shocks are black so if another colour there aftermarket.

No need for mods with stage 1 but the intercooler struggles even when standard.

Floating are best but if money is tight & you don't drive hard the fix are still miles better then oem & keeping stock rear are fine.

The pressures with the standard 235/225 set up is 41/39psi so your not miles out.

I'm run 235 around @ 45/45psi with even wear across all tyres.

TPMs were never a option.

I decatted mine without the need to cut & reweld so instead of buying a new/2nd hand decatted set just get yours rewelded & save yourself some money towards brake pads.

Dell.

8P4ME

8P4ME

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Morning Dell,

Thanks for the reply. The shocks are yellow so I was thinking KWs?.

It's weird because I expected it to sit a bit lower on those but not sure?

What are the intercooler options and are they a faff to fit?

One thing I forgot to ask was oil temps. I know it's been covered before but just wanted to ask again. I've seen 110 already (admittedly it was 24/25 degrees outdoors). What is the max operating temp for 5w30?

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

Morning Dell,

Thanks for the reply. The shocks are yellow so I was thinking KWs?.

It's weird because I expected it to sit a bit lower on those but not sure?

What are the intercooler options and are they a faff to fit?

One thing I forgot to ask was oil temps. I know it's been covered before but just wanted to ask again. I've seen 110 already (admittedly it was 24/25 degrees outdoors). What is the max operating temp for 5w30?

Yellow are normally Bilstein which is a great result šŸ˜Š Our RSs are much lower than a stock A3 so the previous owner may have adjusted them to stock ride high for comfort if there coilovers.
Mine are set to stock at the rear with a 20mm drop on the front so the arches look the same.
Forge IC is the one to go for but there are other like Airtec, Wagner, fitting requires the bumper off & headlamps out to fit...5hr job with the front off the ground.

My oil temperature normally runs at 100/105' on motorways but on a 25'+ trackday it was running 120'.

I've done some research on the temperature modern oil can work to & it seems to be ok well beyond 140'.

5w30 is ok for our climate & normal usage tbh.

Dell.

8P4ME

8P4ME

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Top man. Thanks Dell

BenTTU

BenTTU

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationTamworth
Hello and welcome we are from tamworth and there is plenty of RS3 owners in the midlands.

8P4ME

8P4ME

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Morning Ben and thanks,

Heard lots of good things about TTU. I'm sure I'll be popping over to have a nosey soon enough! 

Br1ckt0p

Br1ckt0p

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationDown On My Pig Farm
Welcome mate ,same as me only just purchased and wow a wot a machine still grinning ear to ear wished Iā€™d got one few years back instead of going over to the Dark Side (A45) .šŸ¤”
Even better are the Guys on this forum ,just makes owning the RS even better šŸ˜€šŸ˜€šŸ˜€šŸ˜€šŸ˜€šŸ˜€

Real Thing

Real Thing

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Hi & Welcome Not sure whereabouts in the Midlands your from I'm near Loughborough and although don't have the Rotors on my Present RS3 have used https://www.thewheel...ions/leicester/ to do all 4 Wheels on a TTRS (Had the Red Rim Finish which I didn't like) and also 2 Wheels on a Previous RS3 all 4 on the TTRS were fine but they didn't quite get the 2 on the RS3 quite right only slightly noticeable when you put them next to the original 2 but both on the same side you would never have known.   

guyver

guyver

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

welcome!!!

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Hi & Welcome Not sure whereabouts in the Midlands your from I'm near Loughborough and although don't have the Rotors on my Present RS3 have used https://www.thewheel...ions/leicester/ to do all 4 Wheels on a TTRS (Had the Red Rim Finish which I didn't like) and also 2 Wheels on a Previous RS3 all 4 on the TTRS were fine but they didn't quite get the 2 on the RS3 quite right only slightly noticeable when you put them next to the original 2 but both on the same side you would never have known.

Lol I nearly passed out reading that 2 off this 4 off that half a dozen of something else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Real Thing

Real Thing

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Lol I nearly passed out reading that 2 off this 4 off that half a dozen of something else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's this blo*dy lockdown sounded fine until I read it back 

Redadair13

Redadair13

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
Welcome to the club.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
Ā© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.