4 replies to this topic

BenTTU

BenTTU

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationTamworth
After listening to many customers and reading all the feedback on the stock DSG characteristics, we decided to use our RS3 as a normal day to day car for a while to take data logs and notes of the problems.

After 19 revisions later we have now completed the perfect drivability and performance TCU software.

D mode
: hold first gear slightly longer
: revised 2nd into 3rd light throttle shorter shift (traffic use)
:shift points slightly raised in 4th 5th 6th
:removed slipping 2nd gear at slow speeds, now drops into 1st gear.
:single gear down shift when using kick down
:seamless fast shifting
:downshift points have been raised

S mode

Lowered the aggressive rpm to give you a more fun feel on the road as it seemed the S mode was designed more for track. And again customer feedback suggested it drove them insane.

This will be implemented with all our performance TCU software

The beauty of this service is we will tailor the box to your needs, just tell us what you require.

£360inc vat with 30 day money back guarantee.

0120raptor

0120raptor

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts
  • LocationUsually in the dyno cell

Can`t wait to try it.

Catalunya Red ,Heated rear window,Power steering,Wireless (with FM),Seat belts,Servo assisted brakes.Pneumatic tyres. Disc brakes.

Maximus_84

Maximus_84

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I have been very fortunate to try this first from The Turbo Unit and all I can say is WOW! It is literally night and day different to stock.

I am one of the many moaners of the DQ500 box (however i know some people love it)..I hate the over exaggerated manual feel through the mechatronics. I do a lot of varied driving; country lanes, city driving and motorways with most driving in the latter.

I was getting sick and tired of the box and it's chaotic/confused state when trying to drive the bloody thing whether that was through traffic and town or when trying to change speed to overtake etc..so much so I was really falling out of love with the car and considering selling her.

I am currently at stage 2 with all work done by Ben and The Turbo Unit, so when speaking with Ben I aired all my frustrations and he took onboard everything I said and designed/revised software for the box...and what a difference!!

Some real differences;

1. When on half throttle engine kicks down one gear instead of two so overtaking is more successful as revs drop into the start of power band rather than near the top of band in that gear... For example standard box if you're in 5th you push accelerator for kick down and it would normally drop to 3rd but now with Ben's TCU map it goes to 4th. Making torque incredibly useable and feels so much more powerful than before and effective in overtaking

2. gear changes so much smoother not clunky like the true charactistics of the DQ box. Almost seamless like you're not aware it's changed gear in soft driving but when punching it hard it goes back to nice sporty changes

3. Faster gear changes !!! So fast it's insane

4. Slow town driving allows D1 rather than D2 it also changes gears normally now and doesn't hold on to the bloody gear until it reaches just over 2000rpm which used to drive me insane in traffic as I just want gears to change!!

Honestly it has changed the driving experience totally and I couldn't recommend this enough! Ben has literally cracked it! I would recommend anyone and everyone to go and get this done it will literally change the driving experience!!!

Happy for anyone to PM me to answer any questions

Well done Ben top Man!! Truly made an exceptional revision

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Can`t wait to try it.

What’s wrong with the TVS one Neil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0120raptor

0120raptor

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts
  • LocationUsually in the dyno cell

What’s wrong with the TVS one Neil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sean

I`ve having a bit of a power increase at Bens. The TVS map is good but I didn`t need the TCU torque limiter increasing before.Now I do so it seemed logical to have Ben overwrite the TVS map with his.

Catalunya Red ,Heated rear window,Power steering,Wireless (with FM),Seat belts,Servo assisted brakes.Pneumatic tyres. Disc brakes.

Reply to this topic

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.