• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Real Thing

Real Thing

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Not Sure how this found it's way into The Audi Approved Used System: (145 Exacting and History Checks to Pass)

https://usedcars.aud...,1,PRICE_SALE,U

Here it is in an earlier Life:

https://www.audirs3o...bo-conversion/ 

jimojameso

jimojameso

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Not great is it. You never know what you're buying unless its new. :(

2015 Nardo RS3

2010 Sepang TT RS Sold!

Evil Diesel

Evil Diesel

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Approved Used - yeah right!  145 checks carried out just about as diligently as the normal servicing checks no doubt.  He did return it to stock to be fair but surely the ECU flags were still there - Audi are fairly diligent in spotting these when it comes with an opportunity to void a warranty but not so much on it's Approved Used scheme it seems.

Just enter Audi UK into Trustpilot and the stories you read are truly shocking.  It is about time that Audi got on top of the UK dealer network shambles - poor quality at premium prices. Great for the margin in the short term but I think the worm is turning on all of these poor brands and the future is pain followed by a lot more pain.

Serves them right.

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent

Not Sure how this found it's way into The Audi Approved Used System: (145 Exacting and History Checks to Pass)
https://usedcars.aud...,1,PRICE_SALE,U

Here it is in an earlier Life:
https://www.audirs3o...bo-conversion/

you purchased this one off Jay didn’t you? As he bought my original comfort seats for yourself.

Real Thing

Real Thing

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

you purchased this one off Jay didn’t you? As he bought my original comfort seats for yourself.

Yeah I kept it for just over a Year after Jay sold it to me was still running a Big Turbo when I sold it and I didn't have any of the original parts believe Forged Engine was swopped for a Block out of an 8V but not sure where all the other bits have been sourced from When I Sold it still had your Electric seats in as well

RS3Rob

RS3Rob

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Currently on my 3rd RS3 in the space of afew years, my first being an 8P bought from Leeds Audi (used approved) and comparing it to my 2018 RS3 and my current 8P I can categorically say that it was remapped without a doubt, it was like a bullet and like something I've never driven before. As above, just shows you never know what you're buying even from Audi, if there's a profit in it for them, they'll sell it.

sawda

sawda

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 783 posts
  • LocationNorth London
Had an APR map for nearly 6 years now and car has been fine. Zero issues. Audi will never do checks on the cars ECU though unless they were trying to get out of warranty claim. As the 8P grows older and although a flawed car in many ways, it still has a certain charm. Certainly part of the new wave of 300bhp plus hot hatches with launch controls.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

RS3JET

RS3JET

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • LocationSouth

Had an APR map for nearly 6 years now and car has been fine. Zero issues. Audi will never do checks on the cars ECU though unless they were trying to get out of warranty claim. As the 8P grows older and although a flawed car in many ways, it still has a certain charm. Certainly part of the new wave of 300bhp plus hot hatches with launch controls.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Had an APR map now for 5 years on 8p and also ZERO issues very happy 

Still love my car

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.