RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

Jay.

Blackvue recommend a MLC spec memory card for use with there dashcams mate.

Dell.

Dooahhdoo

Dooahhdoo

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

https://www.amazon.c...0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Ordered. :)

Edited by Dooahhdoo, 01 December 2019 - 09:43 AM.

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent

https://www.amazon.c...0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Ordered. :)

I see that on amazon but itā€™s not quite the same spec as the one posted above.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

I see that on amazon but itā€™s not quite the same spec as the one posted above.

Iā€™m running the Lexar 128gb in the Thinkware. No issues in over a year now.

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent

Iā€™m running the Lexar 128gb in the Thinkware. No issues in over a year now.

Yeah I bought the lexar too but it was only a visual observation between the 2 cards, Iā€™m not too hot on SD cards so not sure if either make a difference

d6647b2db549e6c82f43977d3196ad84.png5be0a3a4f1d20e634fc9cc3c2a1fc2a3.png

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts
I think Jay you can over think these things sometimes.
I was warned by Thinkware not so use SanDisk or Samsung.

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent

Oh yes, no doubt at it. Canā€™t beat tried & tested from experience. Couldnā€™t believe the pricing of the original manufacturer SD cards supplied - crazy prices. Fingers crossed all goes to plan.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Funny thing about sd cards is my helmet cam made by Drift don't recommend Samsung or any other sd card only SanDisc,but i had shut down issues so changed to Samsung & it's now faultless.šŸ¤”

Dell.

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent

Funny thing about sd cards is my helmet cam made by Drift don't recommend Samsung or any other sd card only SanDisc,but i had shut down issues so changed to Samsung & it's now faultless.

Dell.

helmet cam.... awkward

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

helmet cam.... awkward

Trust you šŸ˜‚ Crash helmet cam.

Dell.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts
Classic example today of how useful a dash cam May be.

Black polo with a young girl too busy looking down at something then indicating late and nearly wearing a van

https://youtu.be/A3wepqo2cxQ

Edited by T-800, 01 December 2019 - 03:56 PM.

LaRocK

LaRocK

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Classic example today of how useful a dash cam May be.

Black polo with a young girl too busy looking down at something then indicating late and nearly wearing a van

https://youtu.be/A3wepqo2cxQ

You could create a montage of those clips in no time Sean with what goes on on the roads today.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

You could create a montage of those clips in no time Sean with what goes on on the roads today.

True, the amount of people going through red lights / pulling out on the motorway with no indication / turning into a T junction on my side of the road incidents is staggering.

RStu3

RStu3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationNE Scotland
You should see some of the footage from Singapore my wife is originally from there and her family were all running dash cams long before it was even a thing in the uk and hence I found out more about them before buying... one always sticks out with a Ferrari running a red light and smashing into a taxi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RobRS

RobRS

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • LocationSurrey

I read about this one and it something like it records in 1 minute segments then misses a few seconds before recording the next segment? Iā€™m guessing this could cause an issue if it so happened an incident occurred during the transition of segments. Odds are against it but you never know.

Hmmm canā€™t say Iā€™ve ever noticed that to be honest Jay.

All I know is it performs faultlessly and with a 128GB card.

I've seen this occour on the Thinkware F750 but not noticed on the F800 pro

MY17 Panther Black RS 7 Performance | Black Pack | Carbon Interior | 21" DS black wheels fitted with MPS4's tyres  | Dynamic Pack Audi Connect Advanced Key + boot opening |  Audi phone box with wireless charging  | Audi smartphone interface |  Dynamic Mirror Indicators Parking pack | Feature programming changes EM Tuning interior LED light update | Thinkware F800 pro + Rear Dash Cam |

Wife: MY12 Daytona Grey RS3 | Bucket seats with grey stitching | Heated seats | Black Styling Pack & Inlays | Black Roof Bars | Privacy glass | RNS-E | Bose sound system | Reversing Sensors | Audi LED number plate lights | EM Tuning LED interior light pack | Cruise Control | Folding, dimming & heated mirrors | Auto Lights & Wipers | Adaptive headlights | Gloss Black Alloys fitted with MPS4's tyres | Thinkware F750 + Rear Dash Cam |

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent

Hi,

I'm running a Blackvue 750 front and rear and use the power magic pro.
Cutoff is set to 12v on the power magic pro and on my car it lasts roughly 5 days in parking mode before switching off.

I tried a few cards and always an issue, but after looking on the Blackvue forum use the following and has worked for the last 9 months with no issue.

Link to card:

https://www.morecomp...BBEU633A>>Lexar

Hope it helps.
Vik

Only got round to putting this in to replace the BlackVue memory card and straight away itā€™s saying ā€œcheck SD cardā€ does it need formatting first? As it seems as though itā€™s detected an aftermarket alternative is inserted.

Edited by JayRS3, 21 January 2020 - 08:37 AM.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Only got round to putting this in to replace the BlackVue memory card and straight away itā€™s saying ā€œcheck SD cardā€ does it need formatting first? As it seems as though itā€™s detected an aftermarket alternative is inserted.

I always reformat when fitting a new memory card that way it will eliminate any issues Jay.

Dell.

Vik

Vik

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
Hi,

I formatted it on the camera, I think it was hold down the button for 10 seconds and it will reformat

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Hi,
I formatted it on the camera, I think it was hold down the button for 10 seconds and it will reformat

"Vik"

That's correct mate.šŸ‘

Dell.

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts
  • LocationIn a barge near Roy's old barge
My dashcam came with a 4g card so useless really. I put a 64g one in and it wouldn't work until formatted.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Nardo RS4

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
Ā© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.