JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent
Good afternoon chaps

Been using an OEM+ 1080p front camera for a few months but in order to attach a rear I need to change the front camera to be able to run another feed.

So with that being said I’ve used this opportunity to change and go with an aftermarket alternative.

Currently looking at the Blackvue 4K DS900S 2CH as I don’t really want to compromise on quality when it could be used for such an important case. More of an investment that can be taken with me.

Is it worth purchasing the power magic pro box too for when it’s parked?

Also there seems to be 16GB & 32GB versions with about a £100 price difference. Can I not just change memory cards or is this the internal memory?

Any suggestions feedback welcome please.

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent

Good afternoon chaps

Been using an OEM+ 1080p front camera for a few months but in order to attach a rear I need to change the front camera to be able to run another feed.

So with that being said I’ve used this opportunity to change and go with an aftermarket alternative.

Currently looking at the Blackvue 4K DS900S 2CH as I don’t really want to compromise on quality when it could be used for such an important case. More of an investment that can be taken with me.

Is it worth purchasing the power magic pro box too for when it’s parked?

Also there seems to be 16GB & 32GB versions with about a £100 price difference. Can I not just change memory cards or is this the internal memory?

Any suggestions feedback welcome please.

I’ve purchased it along with the 24hr parking battery pack

RStu3

RStu3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationNE Scotland
Good investment in my experience jay, I run front and back BlackVue also.

Word of advise, I have also been tempted to go with a cheap high memory sd card but for some reason certain types can cause issues with the camera. They are pricey but the oem blackvue ones seem to be fine! If you read up on it there are people who have had no issues with non blackvue cards, but options are limited and of course there’s a risk it might not work with your unit.... hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RStu3

RStu3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationNE Scotland
Forgot to mention, there are also cheaper battery packs that work fine (I have one of them) so if you need any details just let me know

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent

Forgot to mention, there are also cheaper battery packs that work fine (I have one of them) so if you need any details just let me know

Let me know mate. Can always cancel the Blackvue battery option

Also advise/recommendations on compatible memory cards would be ideal as well as I purchased the 16GB version camera as it was £100 cheaper and I have every intention of buying a 64 or 128 GB card

Edited by JayRS3, 30 November 2019 - 06:09 PM.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts
I’m running the Thinkware F800 pro on both cars.

Superb fit and forget setup.

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent

I’m running the Thinkware F800 pro on both cars.

Superb fit and forget setup.

I read about this one and it something like it records in 1 minute segments then misses a few seconds before recording the next segment? I’m guessing this could cause an issue if it so happened an incident occurred during the transition of segments. Odds are against it but you never know.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

I read about this one and it something like it records in 1 minute segments then misses a few seconds before recording the next segment? I’m guessing this could cause an issue if it so happened an incident occurred during the transition of segments. Odds are against it but you never know.

Hmmm can’t say I’ve ever noticed that to be honest Jay.

All I know is it performs faultlessly and with a 128GB card.

Dooahhdoo

Dooahhdoo

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

I run a DR650S Blackvue and have a massive assortment of 32, 64 and 128GB micro SD cards that work for a bit and then get random reboots of the camera which results in lost footage. I have not found an aftermarket card that works for me yet so have resorted to the stock 16GB card. I have tried looking at the card info to try and work out the manufacturer as I am certain BlackVue put a premium on their cards but no joy. If you find one that works please do let me know :)

Vik

Vik

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
Hi,

I'm running a Blackvue 750 front and rear and use the power magic pro.
Cutoff is set to 12v on the power magic pro and on my car it lasts roughly 5 days in parking mode before switching off.

I tried a few cards and always an issue, but after looking on the Blackvue forum use the following and has worked for the last 9 months with no issue.

Link to card:

https://www.morecomp...BBEU633A>>Lexar

Hope it helps.
Vik

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent

Hi,

I'm running a Blackvue 750 front and rear and use the power magic pro.
Cutoff is set to 12v on the power magic pro and on my car it lasts roughly 5 days in parking mode before switching off.

I tried a few cards and always an issue, but after looking on the Blackvue forum use the following and has worked for the last 9 months with no issue.

Link to card:

https://www.morecomp...BBEU633A>>Lexar

Hope it helps.
Vik

Thank you - purchased

Edited by JayRS3, 30 November 2019 - 09:30 PM.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

Jay.

Remember the recording is done on a loop so you don't really need a big memory card mate.

Dell.

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent

Jay.

Remember the recording is done on a loop so you don't really need a big memory card mate.

Dell.

4K content takes up quite a chunk of memory plus for the battery pack it allows multiple days storage so worth getting a larger card for a lot more storage just in case

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

4K content takes up quite a chunk of memory plus for the battery pack it allows multiple days storage so worth getting a larger card for a lot more storage just in case

The thinkware has a decent app also.

You can view all footage and download to your phone.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts
Another reason for having a Dashcam

https://www.facebook...87993185288650/

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent

Another reason for having a Dashcam

https://www.facebook...87993185288650/

Definitely

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

Tbh do you really need 4k ?

Dell.

Vik

Vik

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Dell.

I would say it is.. I've also got a 4k CCTV camera pointed to where I park (Dahua 6MP with Sony sensor), and find to get the detail of something on the edges it helps when zooming in.

I think for dashcam it will be the same...say you see a numpty throwing things off a bridge onto the road and catch it on the dashcam...you should be able to zoom in to the face for clarity.

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent

Dell.

Way I see it, if your going to the expense of buying a dash cam then I want the best quality as ultimately it could be the difference between catching minor details or not. Anyway it’s an investment and can come along with me with any vehicle.

RStu3

RStu3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationNE Scotland
My thoughts exactly jay, and I’ve done exactly that, ie take it with me when changing cars.

The battery pack I’m using is a cellink B and I’ll see if I can dig out info on the sd card. As said previously not all will work but there are a few that will. Hope this helps

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.