• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Jamesybaz

Jamesybaz

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
Evening all,

I attempted to join the forum back in March when I 1st bought my RS, but needed some sort of authorisation. It appears the authorisation was confirmed and I didnt know. So technically ive been a member for 8 months!

As i said i bought my 8P in March. Its a 12 plate in red with an alloy pack, wing backs and a few extra goodies. I swapped in a Golf 6R stage 2 +. I had previously been a Golf man having owned Mk4 Gti 1.8t, Mk4 1.8t Anniversary, Mk5 Gti and then the 6R. All of which were modified. The RS itch got the better of me and its been a decent start to RS life, although im still missing my 6R. Its still my favourite car but im working on the RS to take that accolade.

I had a few teething problems with RS, the haldex pump failed the morning after I picked it up from the garage. I had the car booked in at Awesome that day anyway and after a health check confirmed 2 seized rear calipers also.
After a few days of arguing with a crap garage owner, he agreed to refund me £500 toward the repairs. Im lucky enough to know people in the car trade, so got the calipers at a good price and changed the discs and pads at the same time. Awesome carried out the pump change.
In April I got the car mapped at Awesome as the RS felt a bit flat in comparison to the modified R. Its a completely different animal now. Ive worked through a few the usual new owner/maintenance/modifications. I changed the old and corroded front discs and changed them to revision C versions with new pads. I had the car serviced at Awesome last week using Millers nanodrive. Ive also changed the appalling Kumho Ecsta LE sports thstvwere on when I bought it for some PS4s and re did the Geometry (Feels like a completely different car with a few tweaks)

I plan on fitting an uprated rear anti roll bar based on suggestions from forum members on Audi.sport net in an attempt to faze out the 'interesting' handling. Also, front bumper is looking a little stone chipped for my liking. So that will be done soonish too.

So thats my last 8 months ownership in a few paragraphs. Happy to hear any suggestions or tips that you all have being new to the RS brand.

Ohhh and im from the Manchester area too.

Thanks

Edited by Jamesybaz, 18 November 2019 - 10:09 PM.

Evil Diesel

Evil Diesel

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Well done for standing yourground with the original stealer mate. The rear ARB will make a noticeable difference too.

LaRocK

LaRocK

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts
Welcome to the fold Jamesy hope you enjoy your time here. Couple of people appear to be having registration issues just now.

Redadair13

Redadair13

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
Welcome good colour choice 😉, like others have said rear anti roll bar a must, also dogbone and gearbox mount. The difference will be very noticeable. Enjoy.

BenTTU

BenTTU

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationTamworth
Welcome, need to share some photos!

Also to really benefit from the rs power replace intercooler for a forge one and raise the boost, they really come alive then!

Ben

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

Welcome, need to share some photos!
Also to really benefit from the rs power replace intercooler for a forge one and raise the boost, they really come alive then!
Ben

With those mods a brake & suspension upgrade won't go a miss.

Wellcome & hope your enjoying the RS3 with its great 5 pot engine.

Dell.

Jamesybaz

Jamesybaz

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
Thanks everyone. I was made aware by Tabby at Awesome that the Intercooler was the way forward to get the best out of the stage 1 and going forward. I hadn't planned on going any further than a stage 1 with the RS. It was supposed to be my 'grown up'car that I didnt need to modify 🤣 The parts are ridiculously expensive too. 1k plus for a cooler is insane. As for brakes and suspension. I went with OEM brakes because I was trying to keep it looking as original as possible. The car is an every day car and will only get the odd blast, so I think theyll be sufficient. The suspension, Id love to drop it slightly but my drive resembles Everest and will only end up catching the splitter. So im a little bit limited. Like I said though, I know ive only just bought it, but im looking at resale and originality. My R was modified out of its brains and the thought of having to remove everything again before sale blows my mind! haha The dog bone and gearbox mount is something il probably look at though. I was doing some googling and you tubing about fitment last night. Seemed simple enough and cheap with great results.
I want a nice car rather one im going mad with trying to push every single horse out off whilst embracing my inner Lewis Hamilton. That was my issue with the R. Betime id finished doing the modifications, it became niggly with problems and the reason I chose to get rid and give in to my RS urges! ha Just short of 400bhp as a daily runner is enough for me otherwise it starts mimicking Georgey Best in his best drinking days.

I sound like a right bore all of a sudden! 🙈

Keep the suggestions coming though chaps.

BenTTU

BenTTU

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationTamworth
No suggestions left! You have taken all the fun out of it lol

Jamesybaz

Jamesybaz

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
My bad... Il take myself back over to Audi sport net 😜 haha

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.