Aircon Service

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Dan_DJT

Dan_DJT

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
My Audi dealer have called me a few times to tell me at 2yrs my car needs an Aircon service. Cant see any reference to it on erwin service schedules so does anyone know what they actually do for an aircon service ?

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

My Audi dealer have called me a few times to tell me at 2yrs my car needs an Aircon service. Cant see any reference to it on erwin service schedules so does anyone know what they actually do for an aircon service ?

Regas I had mine done a few weeks back.

£120 because it’s the newer 1234yfr

Dan_DJT

Dan_DJT

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Ah ok, thanks.

Evil Diesel

Evil Diesel

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Regas I had mine done a few weeks back.

£120 because it’s the newer 1234yfr

I can't believe it needs a re-gas after 2 years?  What a joke - mine is rarely on in summer as roof & windows do the trick (unless I have hair-do loving wife & daughters in the car and even then more often than not given the driver has control of the buttons and therefore the ultimate casting vote!) and in winter who needs aircon?

LaRocK

LaRocK

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Spent around 15 years as a fridge/air con engineer, whilst its not uncommon for a few systems to need refrigerant after a couple of years it is an unusual set in stone recommendation for every car to have it done in that time. If it's just maintenance (filter cleaning/replacing) then fine but re-gas would only be in a small number of cases.

Evil Diesel

Evil Diesel

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Cheers Scott - just another wallet raid by Audi as we all know. And while you are in there they will post numerous advisories and probably crash your car like they did mine.

I am trying to move beyond my views on Audi 'service' but am having a hard time given the constant adverse evidence.

LaRocK

LaRocK

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts
It's the joy of corporate rule Tony, most of them are set up for global dominance (there are no political parties just corporations n bankers). As long as that's the case we'll be at the mercy of lacklustre service.
My recent Audi experience was ok though, that could have been down to the multiple free cups of decent coffee the girl kept plying me with though. There was no need for launch control, I flew straight out the showroom.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.