Thanks,

MB.

Daz

Daz

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationWigan
Great bushes, just make sure you pick the right ride for your car and yourself, they come in various levels of give, but for gearbox mounts I presume they will come as a standard fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Daz, 12 November 2019 - 02:19 PM.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

https://www.awesomeg...2012-pff85-530/

Pro's vs Con's? 

Thanks,

MB.

A few of us have fitted the gearbox insert with great success & no problems with increased vibration.

Some have had a small increase including myself once the dogbone insert is fitted to the subframe as well but only on idle.

The benefits outweigh the disadvantages tbh.

Dell.

Duke3D

Duke3D

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationBerkshire

Definitely a worthwhile mod. The gearbox mounts do wear quite a lot introducing considerable engine/ gearbox movement. Mine was so shot at 75K miles I elected to fit a new gearbox mount and also fit the insert at the same time.

I was getting the Traction Control kicking in under full power all the time which I only realised was due to the old worn out mount once it was replaced so double bonus  :D

Audi RS3 8P 2011: Phantom Black, Retrofit genuine Audi black grille. Mods: Milltek Decat pipes, Bilstein B16 Coilovers with 034 Motorsport top mounts. Superpro front control arms, Powerflex Gearbox & Dogbone mount inserts, 034 Motorsport Rear ARB, 034 Motorsport Front & Rear Drop Links. Reyland 370mm front brake rotors.

MB RS3

MB RS3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationKent

A few of us have fitted the gearbox insert with great success & no problems with increased vibration.

Some have had a small increase including myself once the dogbone insert is fitted to the subframe as well but only on idle.

The benefits outweigh the disadvantages tbh.

Dell.

Thanks for the reply. Is the link I sent the correct part? Also is it a pretty simple fit no other items needed? 

MB

MB RS3

MB RS3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationKent

Definitely a worthwhile mod. The gearbox mounts do wear quite a lot introducing considerable engine/ gearbox movement. Mine was so shot at 75K miles I elected to fit a new gearbox mount and also fit the insert at the same time.

I was getting the Traction Control kicking in under full power all the time which I only realised was due to the old worn out mount once it was replaced so double bonus  :D

Thanks for the reply. What other symptoms were there at the time, any noise/creaks etc? 

guyver

guyver

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

https://www.awesomeg...-504-pff85-704/

https://www.awesomeg...2012-pff85-530/

Duke3D

Duke3D

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationBerkshire

Thanks for the reply. What other symptoms were there at the time, any noise/creaks etc?

Yup the mount was noisy as hell, squeaking and creaky like a goodun 😫
Audi RS3 8P 2011: Phantom Black, Retrofit genuine Audi black grille. Mods: Milltek Decat pipes, Bilstein B16 Coilovers with 034 Motorsport top mounts. Superpro front control arms, Powerflex Gearbox & Dogbone mount inserts, 034 Motorsport Rear ARB, 034 Motorsport Front & Rear Drop Links. Reyland 370mm front brake rotors.

Duke3D

Duke3D

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationBerkshire

Yup the mount was noisy as hell, squeaking and creaky like a goodun 😫

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts
I remember when my 8P had this Back in 2014, Audi virtually swapped all the front suspension chasing the noise, it was by accident when they had the gearbox mount off that it was discovered.

Mine was creaking / groaning early in the morning (colder days it was very noticeable) going over speed bumps and on corners.

After they sorted it the front end was tight as hell, felt like a different car when I got I back.

MB RS3

MB RS3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationKent

I remember when my 8P had this Back in 2014, Audi virtually swapped all the front suspension chasing the noise, it was by accident when they had the gearbox mount off that it was discovered.

Mine was creaking / groaning early in the morning (colder days it was very noticeable) going over speed bumps and on corners.

After they sorted it the front end was tight as hell, felt like a different car when I got I back.

Nightmare.. but least it did get sorted in the end.. 

Nice, well worth while mod for £ then? Do you have to replace any of the bolts on the mount? 

Thanks. 

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Nice, well worth while mod for £ then? Do you have to replace any of the bolts on the mount?

Thanks.

I think you are supposed too because they are torqued then angle tightened after which means they can stretch.

I’ve a sneaking feeling the dealer didn’t though.

MB RS3

MB RS3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationKent

Doesn't surprise me that last line lol..

Do you know the part numbers to the screws by any chance? No worries if you don't mate. 

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Thanks. 

I did replace the bolts on mine but when i replaced the mount on my sisters A3 i didn't & i torque them up properly. 😳

Dell.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Do you know the part numbers to the screws by any chance? No worries if you don't mate.

Attached File  Adjustments.jpg   1.92MB   40 downloads

Duke3D

Duke3D

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationBerkshire

Yup, rule of thumb is if you’re replacing anything mechanical on an Audi then replace the bolts. 7 of them in total on the mount, 4 on the gearbox side and 3 on the engine.

Gearbox Mount Bolts

4*  M10X55X32 to gearbox - 32FT/Lbs

N10314505

3*  M12X1,5X70 to Engine - 44 FT/Lbs

N10552404

guyver

guyver

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

one of the members here also made a vid

https://www.youtube....h?v=ixJ2XHQC898

MB RS3

MB RS3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationKent

Thanks for all the help. 

Wonder how much the Stealers will charge for the bolts.. haha! Worth doing though. 

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Thanks for all the help. 

Wonder how much the Stealers will charge for the bolts.. haha! Worth doing though. 

For the 7 bolts......£35 !

Dell.

guyver

guyver

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

For the 7 bolts......£35 !

Dell.

talk about puling your pants down ehh

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.