- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Maximus_84

Maximus_84

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I felt it useful and necessary to share a recent positive experience I experienced..I wish more people would do write ups on companies they use (outside of usual suspects like MRC etc) as I probably wouldn't have ended up in the situation I was in!

I recently took my 2016 PFL Audi RS3 to Ben at the Turbo Unit to complete stage 2 and I have been thoroughly impressed from start to finish.

I've not had the easiest ride with my tuning journey on this motor. After taking some bad advice from a friend, I ended up having a stage 1 map and forge IC install from this company...to say the work I received was sh*t would be an understatement!! Not only was The map garbage and made the car run like a bag of spanners, the tuning company also broke my adaptive cruise ! Luckily for me Audi covered the damage under warranty (don't ask how as I don't know other than going to dealership, playing Dumb and saying my ACC had a fault!)

I went back time and time again to this tuning company for them to "tweak" the map, telling me every excuse for why car was having issues- spark plugs, MAF sensor, bad batch of fuel etc etc...I came to the point I was going to get Audi to flash stock map and just sell it...

After lots of advice searching on Facebook, Ben@TTU reached out to me and told me to come in to his unit and he'd run some logs on the car. Ben must have spent 2 hours or so with me, taking logs in my car and then showing/explaining to me what all the numbers meant....basically illustrating what I already knew- the map was garbage!

After seeing that not only did Ben have knowledge about the RS3 (owning the exact same model really did put my mind at rest!) He treated me like a customer and not a pay cheque! He set about upgrading DV, HPFP, ECU & TCU tune..

I recently got the car back and all I can is WOW! The car is like a missile now just pulls hard to redline! It is literally night and day different !

I always live to the principles of giving credit where credit is due...just as giving criticism when needed as well..I can say hand on heart that the work carried out by Ben has been to a fantastic standard...he is approachable, very friendly and very good at what he does...he is honest and tells you what is needed and what isn't...

In my eyes Ben has made a customer for life now..! I am going back next year for hybrid turbo and Meth ! I Can't wait...my bank account probably can though 😂😂

Hall1979

Hall1979

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 225 posts

I felt it useful and necessary to share a recent positive experience I experienced..I wish more people would do write ups on companies they use (outside of usual suspects like MRC etc) as I probably wouldn't have ended up in the situation I was in!

I recently took my 2016 PFL Audi RS3 to Ben at the Turbo Unit to complete stage 2 and I have been thoroughly impressed from start to finish.

I've not had the easiest ride with my tuning journey on this motor. After taking some bad advice from a friend, I ended up having a stage 1 map and forge IC install from this company...to say the work I received was sh*t would be an understatement!! Not only was The map garbage and made the car run like a bag of spanners, the tuning company also broke my adaptive cruise ! Luckily for me Audi covered the damage under warranty (don't ask how as I don't know other than going to dealership, playing Dumb and saying my ACC had a fault!)

I went back time and time again to this tuning company for them to "tweak" the map, telling me every excuse for why car was having issues- spark plugs, MAF sensor, bad batch of fuel etc etc...I came to the point I was going to get Audi to flash stock map and just sell it...

After lots of advice searching on Facebook, Ben@TTU reached out to me and told me to come in to his unit and he'd run some logs on the car. Ben must have spent 2 hours or so with me, taking logs in my car and then showing/explaining to me what all the numbers meant....basically illustrating what I already knew- the map was garbage!

After seeing that not only did Ben have knowledge about the RS3 (owning the exact same model really did put my mind at rest!) He treated me like a customer and not a pay cheque! He set about upgrading DV, HPFP, ECU & TCU tune..

I recently got the car back and all I can is WOW! The car is like a missile now just pulls hard to redline! It is literally night and day different !

I always live to the principles of giving credit where credit is due...just as giving criticism when needed as well..I can say hand on heart that the work carried out by Ben has been to a fantastic standard...he is approachable, very friendly and very good at what he does...he is honest and tells you what is needed and what isn't...

In my eyes Ben has made a customer for life now..! I am going back next year for hybrid turbo and Meth ! I Can't wait...my bank account probably can though 😂😂

Couldn't agree more with this post top man!!!! 👍

Shelton86

Shelton86

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Totally agree had similar problems visiting
Several other places then Ben sorted me a stage 1 on my 8p this weekend and even put up with my enthusiastic question asking top lad I’ll be going back next year for stage 2 and turbo rebuild.
Free coffee also was a bonus 😂😂

BenTTU

BenTTU

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationTamworth
Thanks guys! Really appreciate the positive feed back.

Ben

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.