- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Shelton86

Shelton86

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Me again seeking knowledge from you guys don’t shoot me....

Anyway I’m looking online and Intercoolers are mega money
Forge £1k+ air tech £6-£700 even second hand £4-£500
So my question is would an eBay special £100-£200 larger Intercooler perform better than a standard RS3 8p Intercooler ?

And lastly what’s the going rate for an Undamaged good cond 8p standard Intercooler ??

Thanks 😊

Evil Diesel

Evil Diesel

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

If it is the real deal on Ebay and branded I don't think I would have a problem for the 8P. Lots of people strip off mods prior to sale so, if genuine, no issue at all.

Shelton86

Shelton86

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Thanks for reply

eBay special I mean the unbranded generic larger intercoolers

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

Me again seeking knowledge from you guys don’t shoot me....
Anyway I’m looking online and Intercoolers are mega money
Forge £1k+ air tech £6-£700 even second hand £4-£500
So my question is would an eBay special £100-£200 larger Intercooler perform better than a standard RS3 8p Intercooler ?
And lastly what’s the going rate for an Undamaged good cond 8p standard Intercooler ??
Thanks

Shelton.

The stock IC comes from the 8J TTS which run 265ps & barely adequate on the 340ps RS3.

The Forge has a good reputation & well made, can't commit on the Airtec tho on the RS3.

If you have a look at the aftermarket ICs for the RS3 your see a modified crash bar is included due to the space behind the bumper so that may answer your question about Ebay specials.

If you can keep an eye out for a good condition 2nd hand Forge in the £500/£650 you won't go wrong.

Wagner do a direct replacement for the oem IC which by the looks would be ok on a stock non mapped RS3.

Attached File  Screenshot_20191027-192848_Samsung Internet.jpg   66.64K   9 downloads

Dell.

Edited by RS3Dell, 27 October 2019 - 07:24 PM.

Shelton86

Shelton86

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Thanks Dell

So I’ll keep an eye out for a forge see if I can snipe one cheap (I take it I need to make sure it has the crash bar part with it ?)

Shelton86

Shelton86

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
P.s the internet is costing me ££££ lmao 😂
In the last 6 weeks I’ve bought an RS3 8p then full service with plugs and upgraded high flow panel filter also I’ve just ordered a dogbone and floor mats etc and paid £700 for x4 PS4’s I’m gonna be soooo broke ☹️ 😂

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Thanks Dell
So I’ll keep an eye out for a forge see if I can snipe one cheap (I take it I need to make sure it has the crash bar part with it ?)

Yes make sure it comes with the modified crash bar !

Dell.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

P.s the internet is costing me ££££ lmao 😂
In the last 6 weeks I’ve bought an RS3 8p then full service with plugs and upgraded high flow panel filter also I’ve just ordered a dogbone and floor mats etc and paid £700 for x4 PS4’s I’m gonna be soooo broke ☹️ 😂

Welcome to owning an RS3 😂

Dell.

Evil Diesel

Evil Diesel

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

The parts are not the issue - the filling station is what is wiping me out. I recokn the average of 21 mpg over the first 15,000 miles might have something to do with it.

Mind you - they have generally been an enjoyable 15,000 miles - not something you could say sat behind the wheel of a Prious.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts
You can’t go wrong with the Forge.

Attached File  IMG_5290.JPG   72.71K   10 downloads

Shelton86

Shelton86

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Haha true I’m enjoying more than my old Subaru’s forums are a lot now friendly too 😂 they didn’t really like noobs.
Petrol I don’t mind it’s small amounts at a time “sort off” in comparison to £100s that I’m spending on bits and bobs.

That forge looks nice !!!

Next big expense will be getting the proper RS3 embossed seats as I think mine had wingbacks originally as they’ve been replaced with red and black leather seats (s-Line I presume) which means my seats don’t heat properly or not at all which is annoying they both say temp sensor error 🥵

Evil Diesel

Evil Diesel

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

You can’t go wrong with the Forge.

attachicon.gifIMG_5290.JPG

Its a nice bit of kit that Sean but, just out of interest, have you fitted it in anticipation of a stage 2 tune? If so then spill the beans!

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Its a nice bit of kit that Sean but, just out of interest, have you fitted it in anticipation of a stage 2 tune? If so then spill the beans!

Attached File  IMG_5038.JPG   62.79K   16 downloads

Evil Diesel

Evil Diesel

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

A cheeky JB4 - you bad boy!

Evil Diesel

Evil Diesel

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

We need a review my man!

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.