Photo

New 2019 Sportback with OPF Mods. Advice needed.

12 replies to this topic

rickclem

rickclem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationFleetwood

I'm interested to hear if anyone has done any mods to the new RS3 with OPF. I receive mine in November and I'm looking to Mod but unsure what's best yet.

Some say the noise is no where near as good and others say its not much different.

All advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Rooferman

Rooferman

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

It is quite a bit quieter compared to a pre opf car, there is no pops and bangs at all. The engine code has been changed to DNWA from DAZA as the pistons, cams and compression ratio are different on the OPF cars.

I will be modding mine pretty soon got a forge inlet pipe, forge fmic, apr intake and syvecs ecu, though CLP automotive can map the opf out on the standard ecu and restore the noise and power.

richardalockwood@sky.com

richardalockwood@sky.com

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationWakefied
I can confirm it’s muted in comparison to my former pfl.02B5CF8D-75CD-4BF6-9B8B-4BAFD3A0CBFE.jpeg

Attached Images

• 02B5CF8D-75CD-4BF6-9B8B-4BAFD3A0CBFE.jpeg

Edited by richardalockwood@sky.com, 26 December 2019 - 09:16 PM.

Legoless

Legoless

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

It is quite a bit quieter compared to a pre opf car, there is no pops and bangs at all. The engine code has been changed to DNWA from DAZA as the pistons, cams and compression ratio are different on the OPF cars.

I will be modding mine pretty soon got a forge inlet pipe, forge fmic, apr intake and syvecs ecu, though CLP automotive can map the opf out on the standard ecu and restore the noise and power.

Can you share some details around pistons, cams, and other engine internals? What exactly is different, how much and what is your source?

Thanks!

Ja5on

Ja5on

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Can you share some details around pistons, cams, and other engine internals? What exactly is different, how much and what is your source?

Thanks!

Plenty of sources on the internet, but not any specifics other than the torque kicks in 250rpm less.  Engine code number has changes from DAZA to DBWA.

Legoless

Legoless

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Plenty of sources on the internet, but not any specifics other than the torque kicks in 250rpm less.  Engine code number has changes from DAZA to DBWA.

I am looking for reliable sources with specifics, not something people guess. I know about the torque, but that could also be the map. Yes, I am aware of the engine code change to DNWA actually.

Ja5on

Ja5on

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

I might be mistaken but I'm pretty sure the info came from MRC.  

Rooferman

Rooferman

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Thanks!

Evo855 works for Audi

https://www.audi-spo...6/#post-3501716

Legoless

Legoless

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Evo855 works for Audi

https://www.audi-spo...6/#post-3501716

So maybe, he can get the exact info what has changed? :)

Rooferman

Rooferman

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

So maybe, he can get the exact info what has changed? :)

Already asked the question, no reply as yet....

Danw

Danw

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts
He as already answered this over on ASN

Rooferman

Rooferman

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

He as already answered this over on ASN

Can you link the answer?

Legoless

Legoless

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Someone was kind enough to share their VIN with me, so here's what I found out during a quick look into both engines. So mainly the part numbers are the same, aside from the last revision numbers, which I honestly have no idea what they mean. So for example:
DAZA/DNWA:
- Engine Block: 07K 100 032 J / 07K 100 032 K
- Cylinder Head: 07K 103 064 C / 07K 103 064 D
- Pistons: 07K 107 065 AB / 07K 107 065 AC
- Outlet camshaft: 07K 109 022 E / 07K 109 022 F

There are several more differences (waaay too much to list, but mainly the same). Even intercooler has a different revision number. But inlet camshaft is the same and turbo is the same.

The bigger differences seem to be with fuel pump and intake manifold, which are even separated in the catalog. The part numbers for main part:
- Fuel pump: 07K 127 025 D / 07K 127 025 E
- Intake manifold: 07K 133 201 AT / 07K 133 201 BC

Some other interesting facts:
- Backboxes seem to be largely the same (again only revision is different, but can't compare directly, as the DAZA VIN I had has standard, not sport exhaust).
- DNWA has no midpipes like DAZA, but rather downpipe and midpipes seem to be one part.
- Exhaust manifold is the same.
- ECU is the same, except for revision again.
- Transmission has completely different code.

Again, note that I am no expert, just wrote what I noticed. If you're looking for one specific difference, please let me know and I will look it up. I have no idea how to check compression ratio, or what those revision changes mean. I know in some cases it can mean completely different internals, when on others it's just newer production date, so if anyone else can shed some light, that would be awesome!

Reply to this topic

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.