- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Shelton86

Shelton86

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
So I need 4 new tyres ASAP I’ve read most the tyre threads and general consensus is get mpss4s does anyone one know the cheapest place to get them ?
Currently looking at black circle website
Also will I need 4 wheel alignment at the same time ?

drgav2005

drgav2005

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Not sure of the cheapest place to get them but I'd probably recommend sticking with a square setup with the MPS4S, i.e. 235/35/19 all round. I've got the staggered set up 255/30/19 front and 235/35/19 rear and whilst I haven't suffered from any t/c issues (I keep the tyres inflated at 41 psi) others have reported this. I have felt the car tram-line quite strongly on adverse cambers and I reckon I'll go with the square setup when I replace the tyres.

I've not had a 4-wheel alignment done when I've changed my wheels over - so I wouldn't say it was 100% required (although wondering if that could be a reason for the tramlining!  :D )

The Goodyear F1 Supersports may be another good option to look into...

Shelton86

Shelton86

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Thanks for the reply,
I may try Goodyear it has mpss4s on at the minute which seem ok little bit noisy (but rears are so low may as well be slicks)
Ive read a lot of people going square and rotating wheels but I thought the slightly smaller rear tyres were to help turn in and cornering (obvs could be wrong)

drgav2005

drgav2005

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

I think the staggered setup is to counter understeer. Given how sticky the MPS4S tyres are, I've never noticed it, but there again I'm no motoring journalist(!), I've not been on track in the RS3 and try not to drive like a loony on the public roads so I've never encountered the limit!  :D

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts
Checked my Goodyear’s tonight after a few thousand miles they are wearing nicely.
Great tyre I must say.

cf3c6f57497e28b3e7b8c5672467a64c.jpg

cf1ad137bd6ab71287ab9bae11dd7bba.jpg

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

Checked my Goodyear’s tonight after a few thousand miles they are wearing nicely.
Great tyre I must say. cf3c6f57497e28b3e7b8c5672467a64c.jpgcf1ad137bd6ab71287ab9bae11dd7bba.jpg

A senior citizen tho 😆

Dell.

Shelton86

Shelton86

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Haha those tyres look decent
Also everyone says they don’t push it on public roads but I’ve seen some of the RS3 drivers (that’s why we buy them no??) the sound when you floor it and the B road pace and handling.
Plus I don’t know where the limit is I went round a round about quite quick and didn’t even flinch!

The prices for Goodyear are very similar to the mps4s so it’s a coin toss I suppose unless I go budget with Avon £70 a corner cheaper “A” wet road “c” fuel eff 😂😂

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Haha those tyres look decent
Also everyone says they don’t push it on public roads but I’ve seen some of the RS3 drivers (that’s why we buy them no??) the sound when you floor it and the B road pace and handling.
Plus I don’t know where the limit is I went round a round about quite quick and didn’t even flinch!
The prices for Goodyear are very similar to the mps4s so it’s a coin toss I suppose unless I go budget with Avon £70 a corner cheaper “A” wet road “c” fuel eff 😂😂

I think your find both the MPS4s & the Goodyears are A wet & C fuel due to there size.

I've gone budget but a good make of tyre & it just ruined the RS ability to put the power down onto the road.

Dell.

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent

I think your find both the MPS4s & the Goodyears are A wet & C fuel due to there size.

I've gone budget but a good make of tyre & it just ruined the RS ability to put the power down onto the road.

Dell.

I have 2 used Michelin PS4s 255/30 tyres going with 5mm of tread on both, no repairs/ damage. If your after something a bit cheaper

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

I have 2 used Michelin PS4s 255/30 tyres going with 5mm of tread on both, no repairs/ damage. If your after something a bit cheaper

Back in the game Jay ! 😂

Dell.

Pil5burydoughboy

Pil5burydoughboy

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • LocationAberdeen
Try a guy on Facebook called Ben Patey, last time I bought tyres he was cheapest.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Try a guy on Facebook called Ben Patey, last time I bought tyres he was cheapest.

Jay introduced me to Ben for my MPS4s....top bloke & prices to match 👍

Dell.

Edited by RS3Dell, 05 September 2019 - 10:56 PM.

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent

Jay introduced me to Ben for my MPS4s....top bloke & prices to match

Dell.

Bens drifted off the scene recently. Not a lot of activity. Perhaps he’s been occupied with his main profession or been caught out by the tax man, who knows.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Bens drifted off the scene recently. Not a lot of activity. Perhaps he’s been occupied with his main profession or been caught out by the tax man, who knows.

😧

Dell.

RobRS

RobRS

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • LocationSurrey

I've brouhgt all my MPS4's from TyreLeader https://www.tyreleader.co.uk/ - Really good service & great prices.

I saved nearly £300 on a set of 4 MPS4's for my RS 7  B)

Edited by RobRS, 06 September 2019 - 10:38 AM.

MY17 Panther Black RS 7 Performance | Black Pack | Carbon Interior | 21" DS black wheels fitted with MPS4's tyres  | Dynamic Pack Audi Connect Advanced Key + boot opening |  Audi phone box with wireless charging  | Audi smartphone interface |  Dynamic Mirror Indicators Parking pack | Feature programming changes EM Tuning interior LED light update | Thinkware F800 pro + Rear Dash Cam |

Wife: MY12 Daytona Grey RS3 | Bucket seats with grey stitching | Heated seats | Black Styling Pack & Inlays | Black Roof Bars | Privacy glass | RNS-E | Bose sound system | Reversing Sensors | Audi LED number plate lights | EM Tuning LED interior light pack | Cruise Control | Folding, dimming & heated mirrors | Auto Lights & Wipers | Adaptive headlights | Gloss Black Alloys fitted with MPS4's tyres | Thinkware F750 + Rear Dash Cam |

k7aus

k7aus

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Costco have a michelin promotion at the moment (until 22nd Sept 2019)

Buy 4 tyres and get £100 off for 19" tyres

235/35/19 Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 @ £184.99

235/35/19 Michelin Pilot Sport @ £147.99

235/35/19 Michelin Pilot Sport 4 @ £149.89

235/35/19 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S @ £152.89

As comparison 

235/35/19 Goodyear Eagle F1 Super Sport @ 142.99

235/35/19 Goodyear Eagle F1 (Asymmetric 5) @ 140.99

Additional £8.40 per tyre fitting across the board

1989 Mk2 Edition One PF - BREAKING in LC3U - Not Registered
1990 Mk2 2.0 8v GTI 3A - SORN
1991 MK2 Edition Blue GTI PF - Restoration
1998 Audi A3 1.8T AGU - SORN
1998 Mk1 Citigolf Chico 1.3 GY - Not Registered
2002 T4 1200 SWB ACV
2003 Audi S3 1.8t BAM
2004 Audi A2 TDI90 ATL
2005 Golf S TDI BKC
2007 Golf GT TDI BKD
2016 Audi RS3 8V
2018 Golf GTE Advance CUKB

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

I've brouhgt all my MPS4's from TyreLeader https://www.tyreleader.co.uk/ - Really good service & great prices.
I saved nearly £300 on a set of 4 MPS4's for my RS 7  B)

I bought my old Husky SM510R & the now Yamaha MT07 tyres from them fitted/balance by myself.

Dell.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

I've also used Camskill in the past as there good with there prices.

Dell.

Shelton86

Shelton86

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Thanks for all the info I think best prices from these look like Costco with £100 off just gotta find someone with a card lol 😂
Also tyre leader are more exspensive than black circles unless I’m reading it wrong

Can’t decide wether to go same size all round or keep the smaller tears as I like the way it handles atm with going same size change much in the way of handling ?

RobRS

RobRS

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • LocationSurrey

Thanks for all the info I think best prices from these look like Costco with £100 off just gotta find someone with a card lol
Also tyre leader are more exspensive than black circles unless I’m reading it wrong

Can’t decide wether to go same size all round or keep the smaller tears as I like the way it handles atm with going same size change much in the way of handling ?

I think you must be reading it wrong, becuase -

MPS4's 235/35/19 from Black Circles are £151.20 mail order price

MPS4's 235/35/19 from TyreLeader are £147.78

I'm running 235's all round on my Mr's 8p & have not noticed any differance in the handaling, but in terory the rear grip level will improve slightly due to a bit more rubber on the road.

HTH?

Edited by RobRS, 06 September 2019 - 03:03 PM.

MY17 Panther Black RS 7 Performance | Black Pack | Carbon Interior | 21" DS black wheels fitted with MPS4's tyres  | Dynamic Pack Audi Connect Advanced Key + boot opening |  Audi phone box with wireless charging  | Audi smartphone interface |  Dynamic Mirror Indicators Parking pack | Feature programming changes EM Tuning interior LED light update | Thinkware F800 pro + Rear Dash Cam |

Wife: MY12 Daytona Grey RS3 | Bucket seats with grey stitching | Heated seats | Black Styling Pack & Inlays | Black Roof Bars | Privacy glass | RNS-E | Bose sound system | Reversing Sensors | Audi LED number plate lights | EM Tuning LED interior light pack | Cruise Control | Folding, dimming & heated mirrors | Auto Lights & Wipers | Adaptive headlights | Gloss Black Alloys fitted with MPS4's tyres | Thinkware F750 + Rear Dash Cam |

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.