- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Tomo

Tomo

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hi all I’m new to the forum and new to RS3 ownership. I’ve had the car about a week now and all is well other than an alignment issue I’m having. Initially the steering wheel was slightly off to the left but drove fine, I took it to get 4 wheel aligned somewhere local and the measurements was out of spec, the guys changed some of the settings and off I went. The steering wheel was then slightly to the right on a straight flat road. I covered around 100 miles and took it back to see if anything else showed up. The right rear wheel was toeing in slightly (I think) and they adjusted again. Still no better and the steering is even more to the right now I’d say. All bushes and joints checked for play and appear ok so this steers me to the subframe as they’ve been known to be an issue on other platforms and also gives me a good point to start from if I can get it locked down without having to worry about it. So my question is will the 034 motorsport pq35 subframe collars/bolt kit fit the 8p RS3? It lists the 8p s3 but not RS3 so I’m not sure if there’s any differences in the subframes. Any help appreciated guys and also open to suggestions on other mods to stiffen up the chassis slightly, Cheers Tom.

Attached File  4CA80A59-D03F-4EA9-ADA5-2FDEE65ADECB.png   242.4K   12 downloads

0120raptor

0120raptor

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts
  • LocationUsually in the dyno cell
Subframes aren`t an issue on RS3s. Change your alignment shop.

Catalunya Red ,Heated rear window,Power steering,Wireless (with FM),Seat belts,Servo assisted brakes.Pneumatic tyres. Disc brakes.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.
As 034 is an American company & the 8P RS3 wasn't sold in the USA it won't be listed.

The people to asked is Awesome but most of the RS3 components are shared with other 8P Quattro models inc the subframe.

You just need the subframe loosen off a bit & pushed back across & re tighten up which was done to mine after have my downpipe removed/refitted.

Dell.

Edited by RS3Dell, 01 September 2019 - 04:55 PM.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts
I’ve read about some MQB chassis cars suffering from subframe bolts working loose.
Never the 8P RS3 though.

MarkMac-RS3

MarkMac-RS3

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
I had an issue with my subframe clunking and moving, but that was due to some idiot prior to my ownership using an impact gun run the bolts securing the subframe back up. Stripped the captivated nut in the passenger side chassis leg. Not heard of any working themselves loose in the 8p though.

Tomo

Tomo

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Thanks for the reply’s guys. Even if the subframe shifting isn’t a problem I suppose it’s a plus to have the collars center the subframe for good. Would help with alignment in future if the subframe was to ever come off. I’ll get underneath and check all the bolts, and find somewhere else to check the alignment, I even went to this place on a recommendation ha!.

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent
Tyrol sport do a dead set collar subframe kit for the 8P should that be the route you want to go. UK seller too.

https://www.akstunin...k2-audi-tt.html

Renga

Renga

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationSweden

I did this, much better result and easier to align after. Couldn't get the caster right before.

Recommended 100%

Tomo

Tomo

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Thanks again, I enquired about the Tyrol kit from aks this morning too and they’ve confirmed they fit. Sadly the stainless ones from 034 I posted don’t work with our subframes as they are made of alloy. I guess it’s the brass bushes in the Tyrol kit that make it work with ours.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.