Photo

Bought the RS3 8p, but not as fast as i thought?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Shelton86

Shelton86

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Hi guys, I decided to buy the RS3 I mentioned in a previous post and I’m loving it.
I do have a questions though,
It doesn’t seem to have any go in it below 3.5k revs is that normal ?
Then when it does go and you’re in “D” it just changes up at 2k
It doesn’t feel like it puts you into the back of the seat (definitely not as aggressive as my old 240bhp subaru)
Only seems to really wanna accelerate harder is when you’re already doing 50+ lol
The sound of the exhaust is epic btw.

Any people with lots of knowledge on these in Suffolk area Ipswich ??

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

Hi guys, I decided to buy the RS3 I mentioned in a previous post and I’m loving it.
I do have a questions though,
It doesn’t seem to have any go in it below 3.5k revs is that normal ?
Then when it does go and you’re in “D” it just changes up at 2k
It doesn’t feel like it puts you into the back of the seat (definitely not as aggressive as my old 240bhp subaru)
Only seems to really wanna accelerate harder is when you’re already doing 50+ lol
The sound of the exhaust is epic btw.
Any people with lots of knowledge on these in Suffolk area Ipswich ??

Have you tryed driving it in S on the gearbox ?

I've driven a WRX & below 2k in S the RS3 walks it as its not looking for revs unlike the Subaru.

Dell.

Shelton86

Shelton86

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Yea I’ve tried it in s still seems to change the gears rather quick, (unless I manually pull down) like there is turbo lag (I think it’s standard apart from decats) maybe a map will decrease lag (or its just me expecting it to be a lot faster accelerating than it is,
Now it’s dark and roads are quiet may go blast it “hehe”

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Yea I’ve tried it in s still seems to change the gears rather quick, (unless I manually pull down) like there is turbo lag (I think it’s standard apart from decats) maybe a map will decrease lag (or its just me expecting it to be a lot faster accelerating than it is,

Have you lanched it yet ? If not give it a try ! 😆

Dell.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

There's no bottom end lag with the RS3 turbo.

If you feather the throttle when accelerating it will up shift early even in S,so hold the pedal to the bulkhead & see if that makes any difference mate.

Dell.

bazf

bazf

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationAberdeenshire

What gear and speeds are you experiencing this delay/lag?

Shelton86

Shelton86

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
So if I’m doing less than 40-50mph
And the revs are less than 3.5k just seems to not pull until it gets up there into the revs doesn’t seem to change between sport on or off
I find it hard to explain but it’s sort of not very responsive from throttle pedal under 3.5k revs imo but maybe me ?
And I haven’t launched it yet petrified the prop shaft will break after reading they’re weak.

Real Thing

Real Thing

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

So if I’m doing less than 40-50mph
And the revs are less than 3.5k just seems to not pull until it gets up there into the revs doesn’t seem to change between sport on or off
I find it hard to explain but it’s sort of not very responsive from throttle pedal under 3.5k revs imo but maybe me ?
And I haven’t launched it yet petrified the prop shaft will break after reading they’re weak.

It's the Bolts that are the weakness on the propshafts if your worried and there've not already been changed just upgrade them.

BTW: Welcome to RS3 Ownership You should love it and Great and Helpful Bunch on here 

Edited by Real Thing, 01 September 2019 - 11:13 AM.

GreyDave

GreyDave

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationLiverpool

I always wondered whether mine was quite right as i thought it was a tad sluggish bottom end. After owning it a few years i don't think its an issue i think it was more coming from a different car. I don't have any problems with gear changes though, they do change up gears fairly early when driving normal but if you put your foot down to where the pedal clicks and floor it, it will hold gears quite long.

sig.jpg

bazf

bazf

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationAberdeenshire

Just drop it down a gear or two and send it.

Edited by bazf, 01 September 2019 - 01:35 PM.

Shelton86

Shelton86

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Haha well I’m gonna go out now I’ve got time and the suns out to blast it round the Suffolk country side may even risk a launch see what happens,
My friend said I may need a gearbox reset or something but I’ll see how it goes

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Haha well I’m gonna go out now I’ve got time and the suns out to blast it round the Suffolk country side may even risk a launch see what happens,
My friend said I may need a gearbox reset or something but I’ll see how it goes

As Dave said after coming from a different car the RS power delivery may not be quite what your use too.

Dell.

Huwgo R

Huwgo R

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
Hi

Totally agree with real thing

Im ever so grateful for the help and knowledge gained from the members on here 👍

Cheers

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

And I haven’t launched it yet petrified the prop shaft will break after reading they’re weak.[/quote]

Updated prop shaft bolts from PSI Tuning about £100.

Dell.

Shelton86

Shelton86

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
So little update went out handles well and goes pretty well in “s” if you pin it I think if you’re not using at least 75% throttle it doesn’t go that quick but is fairly quick after 75%,
Also tried 2 launches they are pretty amazing love the sound just before you let foot of the brakes ....wow.

Now just gotta work out if it’s running standard power or if it already stage 1 , has a second decat. here’s to hoping it’s not mapped yet would love a load more acceleration hehe

Loving the car though amazing

bazf

bazf

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationAberdeenshire

Down a gear, foot to the floor.  No point pissing about with 75% throttle.  :)

Shelton86

Shelton86

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Down a gear, foot to the floor. No point pissing about with 75% throttle. :)

Haha that’s what I thought ! 100% throttle -99% of the time

BenTTU

BenTTU

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationTamworth
Hello

I would suggest an health check, no 8p is flat low down, they come into there own low down and mid range, and 100% more responsive then a Subaru.
You may be suffering from the famous DV failure, the last seven RS3 we have had in for servicing or tuning they all had failed DV'S.
Also we have come across tired N75 units and actuators on the turbo.

Enjoy

Ben

Shelton86

Shelton86

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Where is good to get a health check and how much is a health check ?

Shelton86

Shelton86

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Hello

I would suggest an health check, no 8p is flat low down, they come into there own low down and mid range, and 100% more responsive then a Subaru.
You may be suffering from the famous DV failure, the last seven RS3 we have had in for servicing or tuning they all had failed DV'S.
Also we have come across tired N75 units and actuators on the turbo.

Enjoy

Ben

Anywhere near Ipswich (your place ?)

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.