25 replies to this topic

BenTTU

BenTTU

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationTamworth
I guess I dont drive my car gentla enough to ever notice stuff like that, I will do some testing over the next week.

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts
  • LocationIn a barge near Roy's old barge

In what way? Was your ECU stock?

I have our own TCU tune on and more then happy with how it complements our ECU tune.

Folks with bad gear changes and inconsistencies sounds more a fault with your mechtronics not software.

Also DSG software has no bearing on emission law, as manual boxes wouldn't be fitted to them.

I'd tend to agree with this as I had zero issues with the box in my PFL RS3.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Nardo RS4

BenTTU

BenTTU

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationTamworth

BenFirstly round town at low throttle and speed in "D" it doesn`t change into 2nd at 2 mph and then slip the clutch untilabout 10 mph. It won`t change 1st to 2nd until about 10 mph.Much better.Likewise slowing down at crawling pace it willchange down to 1st so smoothly you don`t know about it. It also keeps the revs higher before changing up.Mine used togo into 6th at 36 mph.Basically in "D" it keeps it one gear lower .In "S" it doesn`t rev the nuts off the engine unnecessarily .It is hard to describe but you need to try it to fully appreciate the differences.

Hi matey

Over the last few days I have been driving the car and taking note of everything you have said, you are right in every way. But what I found was I didnt actually feel this so for example I was driving at 36mph and then slowing down a bit so the box changed down and then going quicker to get it to change back up. Each change was silky smooth with no hesitations. Having the 6th gear at 36mph will be for maximum mpg.
How ever the 1st to 2nd gear change at slow speeds can be annoying if in traffic and you go to accelerate and it does slightly bog if your in 2nd gear at 10mph and it has a bit of a fit and changes back down to 1st if I press to hard on the go pedal.

I will attempt a dsg adjustment to see how it acts by slightly raising 1st gear. I will keep you all updated once I have done this over the next few weeks.

I think I may have not noticed any of this is due to always driving in manual mode.

Ben

deepspacemillar

deepspacemillar

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBelfast, Northern Ireland

Hi matey

Over the last few days I have been driving the car and taking note of everything you have said, you are right in every way. But what I found was I didnt actually feel this so for example I was driving at 36mph and then slowing down a bit so the box changed down and then going quicker to get it to change back up. Each change was silky smooth with no hesitations. Having the 6th gear at 36mph will be for maximum mpg.
How ever the 1st to 2nd gear change at slow speeds can be annoying if in traffic and you go to accelerate and it does slightly bog if your in 2nd gear at 10mph and it has a bit of a fit and changes back down to 1st if I press to hard on the go pedal.

I will attempt a dsg adjustment to see how it acts by slightly raising 1st gear. I will keep you all updated once I have done this over the next few weeks.

I think I may have not noticed any of this is due to always driving in manual mode.

Ben

Fair play Ben, will be interested to see what you think.
Slowing down generally isn't really an issue for me, it tends to be smooth when shifting at lower revs, with some exceptions.
Some rough scenarios I am aware of are;

• Slow traffic (as mentioned), sometimes can be a bit clunky going 1st->2nd and back depending on throttle in automatic
  • Sometimes on full throttle, if it changes at around 5k, it will thud home
  • In manual mode, if you're cruising at light throttle at say 2500rpm and drop a gear to get some acceleration, sometimes the whole car will stutter in a minor fit as if you've completely caught it off guard
  • In manual again, if you go from 2nd to 1st at anything over about 3k, same thing, it's almost like it's caught with its pants down and it could be 2-3 second before it finally selects first.

BenTTU

BenTTU

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationTamworth

Fair play Ben, will be interested to see what you think.
Slowing down generally isn't really an issue for me, it tends to be smooth when shifting at lower revs, with some exceptions.
Some rough scenarios I am aware of are;

• Slow traffic (as mentioned), sometimes can be a bit clunky going 1st->2nd and back depending on throttle in automatic
  • Sometimes on full throttle, if it changes at around 5k, it will thud home
  • In manual mode, if you're cruising at light throttle at say 2500rpm and drop a gear to get some acceleration, sometimes the whole car will stutter in a minor fit as if you've completely caught it off guard
  • In manual again, if you go from 2nd to 1st at anything over about 3k, same thing, it's almost like it's caught with its pants down and it could be 2-3 second before it finally selects first.

Personally i think you may need to look into a DSG reset, or even oil and filter replacement as i have seen some of these faults before and it has 100% not been a software issue. some of them issues will go. 

Ben

Edited by BenTTU, 16 September 2019 - 08:13 AM.

deepspacemillar

deepspacemillar

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBelfast, Northern Ireland

It got the reset a while back and the oil was changed recently - the reset made things a _lot_ better.
The things I mention still happen, but they're not common.

If I could get a manual swapped in I would still do it though :D

Reply to this topic

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.