Photo

EVENTURI Carbon Fibre Air Intake Development

- - - - - 8p 2012 8p air intake cold air intake carbon fibre development eventuri intake

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

rs3_alex

rs3_alex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationAscot, Berkshire

Guys,

Arguably one of the most aesthetic and highest performing intakes on the market is the fully carbon-fibre cold-air system from Eventuri:

https://www.eventuri...ts/audi-8v-rs3/

At present, Eventuri only produce an 8V PFL and FL version of this intake.

In a couple of weeks time however, they will be using my RS3 to develop a system to fit the 8P chassis. This is really exciting news; the current options on the market for the 8P are good, but there are still flow restrictions that can be removed (especially for big turbo users) and improvements in radiative heat protection that can be made.

I'll provide you with further updates as the prototyping and dyno runs progress. Let me know if you'd be interested in getting hold of this intake; if there's enough of us, we might benefit from a volume discount.

Alex 
@rs3_alex

2012 RS3 8P 2.5 TFSi (Misano Red) - Mahle Forged Pistons 83mm - IE Forged Rods - APR Uprated Valve Springs - Ceramic Coated TIP/
Manifold/DP - Xona XR 65.64 Turbo - MRC Stage 3 ECU/TCU - Aquamist WMI - Autotech HPFP - Revo CAI - Forge FMIC - Milltek Turboback Exhaust​ (Full Decat)
034 Motorsport Rear ARB - 034 Motorsport Catch Can - VWR Engine/Gearbox Mounts - Carbon Fibre Styling

Redadair13

Redadair13

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
I'm interested I have one on my E46 M3, great piece of kit.

Hall1979

Hall1979

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 225 posts
Sounds good keep us posted 👍

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

Marginal gains if any compeared with say a replacement aftermarket airbox to turbo intake pipe.

Money better spent on a custom remap & the above tbh.

Dell.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Marginal gains if any compeared with say a replacement aftermarket airbox to turbo intake pipe.

Money better spent on a custom remap & the above tbh.

Dell.

Agreed Dell

Remember when a certain member said he was fitting one and promised to report findings of HP gains

Then a few weeks after he put it up for sale

scooterperu

scooterperu

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

i thought this was never going to happen because it was an 'old' car, thank god for this!

if theres an introductory/group buy discount, i think i may be in

RS3 2012, Daytona Grey - APR Stage 2

8V steering wheel/TT dead pedal/RNS-e/Ashtray delete/Front PDC retrofit/Recaro Sportster CS buckets/Carbon details/
Custom intake/Catless downpipe and midpipes/CTS intercooler/Snow performance WMI/Forge diverter/
O.Z. formula 19x8.5 ET50/Powerflex antilift/
H&R springs/H&R sway bars/

Sonnybo55

Sonnybo55

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,110 posts

Guys,

Arguably one of the most aesthetic and highest performing intakes on the market is the fully carbon-fibre cold-air system from Eventuri:

https://www.eventuri...ts/audi-8v-rs3/

At present, Eventuri only produce an 8V PFL and FL version of this intake.

In a couple of weeks time however, they will be using my RS3 to develop a system to fit the 8P chassis. This is really exciting news; the current options on the market for the 8P are good, but there are still flow restrictions that can be removed (especially for big turbo users) and improvements in radiative heat protection that can be made.

I'll provide you with further updates as the prototyping and dyno runs progress. Let me know if you'd be interested in getting hold of this intake; if there's enough of us, we might benefit from a volume discount.

Alex
@rs3_alex

What stage are you running mate

Edited by Sonnybo55, 26 July 2019 - 07:03 PM.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Agreed DellRemember when a certain member said he was fitting one and promised to report findings of HP gains Then a few weeks after he put it up for sale

A HGmotorsport intake pipe & aftermarket replacement air filter was fitted in its place i believe.

Dell.

Redadair13

Redadair13

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
It's the sound I am now after, as the gains will be negilable to be honest.

RobRS

RobRS

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • LocationSurrey

Sounds convincing in the blurb..... but the saying 'All show & no go' come to mind & a lot of £££ for a bit of bling  :rolleyes: IMHO

Edited by RobRS, 28 July 2019 - 07:56 AM.

MY17 Panther Black RS 7 Performance | Black Pack | Carbon Interior | 21" DS black wheels fitted with MPS4's tyres  | Dynamic Pack Audi Connect Advanced Key + boot opening |  Audi phone box with wireless charging  | Audi smartphone interface |  Dynamic Mirror Indicators Parking pack | Feature programming changes EM Tuning interior LED light update | Thinkware F800 pro + Rear Dash Cam |

Wife: MY12 Daytona Grey RS3 | Bucket seats with grey stitching | Heated seats | Black Styling Pack & Inlays | Black Roof Bars | Privacy glass | RNS-E | Bose sound system | Reversing Sensors | Audi LED number plate lights | EM Tuning LED interior light pack | Cruise Control | Folding, dimming & heated mirrors | Auto Lights & Wipers | Adaptive headlights | Gloss Black Alloys fitted with MPS4's tyres | Thinkware F750 + Rear Dash Cam |

Fivepotfan

Fivepotfan

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • LocationSouth of somewhere

Agreed Dell

Remember when a certain member said he was fitting one and promised to report findings of HP gains

Then a few weeks after he put it up for sale

The Eventuri intakes are super high quality (super high price too though) and look great if under bonnet bling is your thing! I follow a variety of Youtube channels and Evolve/Eventuri is one of them as they have been developing their FL RS3 Saloon and running at Vmax200 with different stages of tuning. I notice that they never show their intake results as fitted to a stock engine but will happily show dyno and Vbox numbers for tuned cars with stage 1 & 2 or big turbo's. This tends to suggest that actual gains at stock power and boost levels are minimal with benefits only being apparent at stage 1 or 2 tune where boost has been turned up and increased air flow is needed. I think the same can be said of the equally lovely IE intake too.

now driving a 'Daytona Lite' FL car.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

The Eventuri intakes are super high quality (super high price too though) and look great if under bonnet bling is your thing! I follow a variety of Youtube channels and Evolve/Eventuri is one of them as they have been developing their FL RS3 Saloon and running at Vmax200 with different stages of tuning. I notice that they never show their intake results as fitted to a stock engine but will happily show dyno and Vbox numbers for tuned cars with stage 1 & 2 or big turbo's. This tends to suggest that actual gains at stock power and boost levels are minimal with benefits only being apparent at stage 1 or 2 tune where boost has been turned up and increased air flow is needed. I think the same can be said of the equally lovely IE intake too.

I'll like to see it put up against in any stage of tune a RS running a aftermarket intake pipe & then we see how good it really is.🤔

Dell.

Edited by RS3Dell, 30 July 2019 - 06:35 PM.

Fivepotfan

Fivepotfan

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 868 posts

I'll like to see it put up against in any stage of tune a RS running a aftermarket intake pipe & then we see how good it really is.

Dell.

Air intakes are always a contentious subject but lets see how the OP gets on with the development parts from Eventuri, they have produced a video of a version 2 prototype with a much bigger filter and have talked about heat protection so it sounds if if they going in the right direction. Regardless of claimed performance gains, the latest Eventuri air box products for BMW M2/3/4 & 5 look fantastic compared to the stock air boxes.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Air intakes are always a contentious subject but lets see how the OP gets on with the development parts from Eventuri, they have produced a video of a version 2 prototype with a much bigger filter and have talked about heat protection so it sounds if if they going in the right direction. Regardless of claimed performance gains, the latest Eventuri air box products for BMW M2/3/4 & 5 look fantastic compared to the stock air boxes.

I've seen the Eventuri promotional vid on a FL at VMax running on a stage 1 map (the stage 2 map wasn't runing right on the day) with it showing a 8 mph gain over the oem set up.

You & i both the airbox 2 turbo intake pipe does hold the engine back after a remap,so is Eventuri just removed the restrictive intake pipe with there airbox system where any old aftermarket pipe would do the same job ?

Dell.

Fivepotfan

Fivepotfan

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 868 posts

I've seen the Eventuri promotional vid on a FL at VMax running on a stage 1 map (the stage 2 map wasn't runing right on the day) with it showing a 8 mph gain over the oem set up.

You & i both the airbox 2 turbo intake pipe does hold the engine back after a remap,so is Eventuri just removed the restrictive intake pipe with there airbox system where any old aftermarket pipe would do the same job ?

Dell.

Well we know the stock airbox is ok for stage 1 & 2 tunes as long as it is fitted with larger intake pipe.

The Eventuri, Integrated Engineering and recent addition of Unitronic redesigned air boxes with larger intakes really add to the aesthetics of the engine bay. I have a larger turbo elbow (Forge part) which opens up airflow into the turbo but is only fully utilised through custom mapping. The Eventuri version probably falls into this category......... the choice is how much you value the carbon fibre bling in the engine bay. 

For my FL car I am currently lusting after this design from Unitronic, it has additional grooved inlets in the airbox and I like the flexi section in the intake which allows a bit of movement without stressing the connection between the intake and airbox.

My larger intake pipe (Forge) which connects to the larger turbo elbow......the gold wrapping is experimental to see if it helps with lowering intake temps.

Attached File  IMG_0565.jpeg   71.55K   13 downloads

The latest Unitronic prototype (similar to IE version) which includes intake grooves in the airbox. Will Eventuri go down this route with their round design?(apologies for picture quality)

Attached File  IMG_0566.jpeg   83.84K   19 downloads

Edited by Fivepotfan, 30 July 2019 - 10:04 PM.

rs3_alex

rs3_alex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Dell.

Well we know the stock airbox is ok for stage 1 & 2 tunes as long as it is fitted with larger intake pipe.

The Eventuri, Integrated Engineering and recent addition of Unitronic redesigned air boxes with larger intakes really add to the aesthetics of the engine bay. I have a larger turbo elbow (Forge part) which opens up airflow into the turbo but is only fully utilised through custom mapping. The Eventuri version probably falls into this category......... the choice is how much you value the carbon fibre bling in the engine bay. 

For my FL car I am currently lusting after this design from Unitronic, it has additional grooved inlets in the airbox and I like the flexi section in the intake which allows a bit of movement without stressing the connection between the intake and airbox.

My larger intake pipe (Forge) which connects to the larger turbo elbow......the gold wrapping is experimental to see if it helps with lowering intake temps.

attachicon.gifIMG_0565.jpeg

The latest Unitronic prototype (similar to IE version) which includes intake grooves in the airbox. Will Eventuri go down this route with their round design?(apologies for picture quality)

attachicon.gifIMG_0566.jpeg

Apologies for the two week silence - been away on holiday!

@RS3Dell - I understand your scepticism, but I agree with @Fivepotfan on this one - let's wait and see what the actual numbers are.

The restriction on the the stock setup is the TIP, which has a 78mm inlet and outlet, so it makes sense on forced induction engines like ours that simply increasing the intake pipe diameter won't allow more flow to the turbo. My RS3 makes 630 bhp at Stage 3 with the Revo intake and APR TIP. The Revo intake has 89mm pipework with a 78mm reducer to my APR TIP (the difference here is that the compressor side of the TIP is 102mm diameter). It's still somewhat of a restriction, but better than stock.

I'm having my TIP laser scanned as we speak and I'm going to get someone to develop a 102mm inlet and outlet version; reason being I suspect that Eventuri will try and fit 4inch pipework like on their 8V PFL/FL versions. This is obviously most beneficial for tuned applications, especially Stage 3 and BT. I'm interested to see if they can make more than 630 bhp from my engine with their intake installed. I wouldn't be surprised if Eventuri do dyno runs on my car, and also on a stock car.

Eventually, we will need a stock 8P to do a trial fitment on, just to make sure that the intake will fit to stock or modified cars. Any volunteers willing to part with their stock RS3 for a few days next month, could you please contact me?

I have no affiliation or connection with Eventuri, so I'll be as open and honest as possible on here regarding results etc.

Keep you all updated.

Alex

@rs3_alex

2012 RS3 8P 2.5 TFSi (Misano Red) - Mahle Forged Pistons 83mm - IE Forged Rods - APR Uprated Valve Springs - Ceramic Coated TIP/
Manifold/DP - Xona XR 65.64 Turbo - MRC Stage 3 ECU/TCU - Aquamist WMI - Autotech HPFP - Revo CAI - Forge FMIC - Milltek Turboback Exhaust​ (Full Decat)
034 Motorsport Rear ARB - 034 Motorsport Catch Can - VWR Engine/Gearbox Mounts - Carbon Fibre Styling

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
Im quite sure a difference intake arrangement on a bigger turbo is required👍

On the stock T16 the oem airbox with a larger intake pipe/aftermarket air filter is more then adequate & meets it air intake requirements.

Dell.

Fivepotfan

Fivepotfan

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Here's the latest development vid from Eventuri....the revised filter looks much bigger.

https://www.youtube....h?v=_LjWuZrjJrA

Edited by Fivepotfan, 08 August 2019 - 09:09 PM.

0120raptor

0120raptor

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts
  • LocationUsually in the dyno cell

There`s nothing there.

There is now

Edited by 0120raptor, 08 August 2019 - 09:10 PM.

Catalunya Red ,Heated rear window,Power steering,Wireless (with FM),Seat belts,Servo assisted brakes.Pneumatic tyres. Disc brakes.

rs3_alex

rs3_alex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

I'm actually quite tempted, longer term, to relocate the turbo next to the fuse box (right hand side of engine bay); have a custom exhaust manifold made, and move the intake to the left hand side. Does anyone have any data showing the effect of radiated heat from the turbine on the intake pipe that goes over the top of the turbo?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 8p 2012, 8p, air intake, cold air intake, carbon fibre, development, eventuri, intake

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.