Photo

Lightning is sold

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Mr_Freeze

Mr_Freeze

Leeds and Bumblebee, that’s the life for me.

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts
  • LocationWestbury, but originally from Leeds.
Garage View Garage
Today I finally parted with Lightning.
She has been a fabulous car and by far the best I’ve owned and driven.
Guyver off here is now the proud new owner.
His face was a picture when I took him for a spin, enjoy fella.

Attached File  6E77BBC6-6278-46D7-B6D0-E88ABC732F1C.jpeg   46.54K   30 downloads
“Bumblebee” 2018 S1 Competition, Vegas Yellow, Quattro interior Styling Package, Heated Sports Seats, Satnav, B & O Sound System, Beam Assist.

“Lightning" 2012 RS3, Ibis White, Buckets, Privacy glass, Black styling, Cruise control, Bose, Scorpion Cat Back Non-Resonated exhaust system, Apr Stage 1 mapped.(Sold).

RobRS

RobRS

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • LocationSurrey

A sad day, I'm sure you'll miss "lightning" - what are you hoping to replace "lightning"  with?

MY17 Panther Black RS 7 Performance | Black Pack | Carbon Interior | 21" DS black wheels fitted with MPS4's tyres  | Dynamic Pack Audi Connect Advanced Key + boot opening |  Audi phone box with wireless charging  | Audi smartphone interface |  Dynamic Mirror Indicators Parking pack | Feature programming changes EM Tuning interior LED light update | Thinkware F800 pro + Rear Dash Cam |

Wife: MY12 Daytona Grey RS3 | Bucket seats with grey stitching | Heated seats | Black Styling Pack & Inlays | Black Roof Bars | Privacy glass | RNS-E | Bose sound system | Reversing Sensors | Audi LED number plate lights | EM Tuning LED interior light pack | Cruise Control | Folding, dimming & heated mirrors | Auto Lights & Wipers | Adaptive headlights | Gloss Black Alloys fitted with MPS4's tyres | Thinkware F750 + Rear Dash Cam |

Real Thing

Real Thing

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Did you have it from New? as you must be one of the last of the original owners of the Gen 1 Cars when RS3OC first started, bet it'll be missed 

Edited by Real Thing, 28 June 2019 - 06:44 PM.

Mr_Freeze

Mr_Freeze

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts
Garage View Garage

Did you have it from New? as you must be one of the last of the original owners of the Gen 1 Cars when RS3OC first started, bet it'll be missed 

I got her at about 6 months old.
I class myself as a founder member as I was present at the wales meet at GYG carting, through ASN where Steve met Andy and formed the group we are now in.
If I remember correctly there was 13 RS3’s that day.
Yep she will be sadly missed as she was the best car I’ve ever had, but cars get old and start to break so I counted myself lucky I never had a serious issue with her.
The replacement is 6 months old so back under Audi warranty.
“Bumblebee” 2018 S1 Competition, Vegas Yellow, Quattro interior Styling Package, Heated Sports Seats, Satnav, B & O Sound System, Beam Assist.

“Lightning" 2012 RS3, Ibis White, Buckets, Privacy glass, Black styling, Cruise control, Bose, Scorpion Cat Back Non-Resonated exhaust system, Apr Stage 1 mapped.(Sold).

Audi Addict

Audi Addict

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts
Right Neil, big question- what did you replace her with?
Previous toys - 11 Golf GT, 07 BMW 335i, 12 BMW 335i, First Duchess 8P Audi RS3 - lovely car, 62 BMW M135i Black edition Audi A5 convertible - nice car. Current Toys MK7 Golf R, MK7 Golf GTD, 8P Audi RS3

Mr_Freeze

Mr_Freeze

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts
Garage View Garage

Right Neil, big question- what did you replace her with?

Glad you asked Ant.
Welcome Chronos & Bumblebee
4 Litres of Audi power in an A1 & S1
Attached File  C8CABC34-C1DE-4D00-BE12-C04E006F12F2.jpeg   73.71K   28 downloads

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,282 posts

Glad you asked Ant.
attachicon.gif C8CABC34-C1DE-4D00-BE12-C04E006F12F2.jpeg

Lovely

The size difference between the 2 cars though

Just shows how much bigger Audi increase them from generation to generation.

Mr_Freeze

Mr_Freeze

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts
Garage View Garage

Lovely The size difference between the 2 cars though Just shows how much bigger Audi increase them from generation to generation.

Not just the size but the interior is light years ahead. But I wanted to still have fun while driving a more sensible car so it had to be an S1.
If they bring one out in the new model, I’ll be very interested.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,282 posts

Not just the size but the interior is light years ahead. But I wanted to still have fun while driving a more sensible car so it had to be an S1.
If they bring one out in the new model, I’ll be very interested.

I must admit there’s a red A1 further down our street and it looks superb.

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,739 posts
  • LocationIn a barge near Roy's old barge

Glad you asked Ant.
attachicon.gif C8CABC34-C1DE-4D00-BE12-C04E006F12F2.jpeg

I like the new front end although it seems to divide opinion!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Nardo RS4

Audi Addict

Audi Addict

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Glad you asked Ant.
attachicon.gifC8CABC34-C1DE-4D00-BE12-C04E006F12F2.jpeg

Nice, Neil now you will have all the sexy ladies after you fella :)

Previous toys - 11 Golf GT, 07 BMW 335i, 12 BMW 335i, First Duchess 8P Audi RS3 - lovely car, 62 BMW M135i Black edition Audi A5 convertible - nice car. Current Toys MK7 Golf R, MK7 Golf GTD, 8P Audi RS3

Mr_Freeze

Mr_Freeze

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts
Garage View Garage

I like the new front end although it seems to divide opinion!
TX.
Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Yep I like it too, gives it a more aggressive look.

Mr_Freeze

Mr_Freeze

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts
Garage View Garage

Nice, Neil now you will have all the sexy ladies after you fella :)

So Ant, does it get your seal of approval?
I think you said you wouldn’t talk to me if I got an S1 :)

Audi Addict

Audi Addict

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts
Who am I to judge Neil when I now have a family truck. I will let you know once I have test driven it.

Mr_Freeze

Mr_Freeze

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts
Garage View Garage

Who am I to judge Neil when I now have a family truck. I will let you know once I have test driven it.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Mr_Freeze

Mr_Freeze

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts
Garage View Garage
A couple more shots.

Attached File  EEEB8F4E-F19A-472B-BE1A-1D460866AABE.jpeg   61.53K   17 downloads

Attached File  C67C3608-75DB-4C95-A606-B7FA055B9F98.jpeg   75.41K   16 downloads

Attached File  E6FF19C7-2DE4-4135-93AC-98FC23351B4B.jpeg   72.99K   14 downloads

Audi Addict

Audi Addict

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Now it just needs some stickers! 

Roy

Roy

Resident Nardo Hater

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,391 posts
  • LocationBack in a RS

I much prefer the old style on what a GREAT colour choice of the S1 Niel ...YELLOW is the new black !

Me and Mrs Mush were at Bluewater yesterday and she likes the q3 we saw 2  of them 4 cars apart new one and a 16 plate one in the car park the

new one the grille is much more pronounced and looks much more "plasticky" .

Still like any new car they take a bit of getting used to I spose.

The Audi Tech bloke I know said he knew of an S1 with 400 + bhp I bet that is as scary as hell  !!

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,282 posts

I much prefer the old style on what a GREAT colour choice of the S1 Niel ...YELLOW is the new black !

Me and Mrs Mush were at Bluewater yesterday and she likes the q3 we saw 2 of them 4 cars apart new one and a 16 plate one in the car park the

new one the grille is much more pronounced and looks much more "plasticky" .

Still like any new car they take a bit of getting used to I spose.

The Audi Tech bloke I know said he knew of an S1 with 400 + bhp I bet that is as scary as hell !!

EA888 Engine Roy.

Same variant of the Golf R engine with some changes, more akin to the Golf GTi version.

Edited by T-800, 30 June 2019 - 08:57 PM.

sawda

sawda

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts
  • LocationNorth London
Congrats Neil, good luck with the new motors, and to the new RS3 owner.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.