- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

GHD129

GHD129

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Got a bit of a steering wheel judder going on under medium to heavy braking. I suspect it's the front discs that are warped as not apparent when driving at speed normally.

Do you think the diagnosis correct and if so has anyone got a set of OEM or similar quality for sale?

Thanks

Graham.

0120raptor

0120raptor

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts
  • LocationUsually in the dyno cell

8P, 8V ? I have a set of OEM  8V wavy front discs if interested.

Catalunya Red ,Heated rear window,Power steering,Wireless (with FM),Seat belts,Servo assisted brakes.Pneumatic tyres. Disc brakes.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

Got a bit of a steering wheel judder going on under medium to heavy braking. I suspect it's the front discs that are warped as not apparent when driving at speed normally.

Do you think the diagnosis correct and if so has anyone got a set of OEM or similar quality for sale?

Thanks
Graham.

Graham.

Aless the brake pedal pulses under braking the discs won't be warped.

Try braking hard from high down to low speed & see if that rectify it mate.

Dell.

GHD129

GHD129

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Raptor - Mine's the 2012 model.

Dell - The brake pedal doesn't judder under braking. The feeling is only through the steering wheel. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try what you recommend but not very optimistic! 

Graham.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

Raptor - Mine's the 2012 model.

Dell - The brake pedal doesn't judder under braking. The feeling is only through the steering wheel. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try what you recommend but not very optimistic! 

Graham.

Graham.

I use to have a vibration though the steering wheel dead on 80mph after town driving

I found out it would go after i carrying out an extremely hard high speed stop for a roundabout coming off the motorway.

I now don't have that problem with my current brake disc & pad set up.

Dell.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.