13 replies to this topic

0120raptor

0120raptor

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts
  • LocationUsually in the dyno cell

I`ve had enough of the OEM magride dampers. I fitted Eibach springs a while back and these were a vast improvement over standard springs. Recently I`ve been getting a clunking noise front and back both nearside. Got it on the four post today. Rear nearside damper doesn`t damp anymore. I also need a host of rubber bushes front and rear. Whilst I`m at it I may as well change all four dampers and fit the delete kit. My question is which dampers will give a better ride than OEM. I`m not after the ultimate track car just something more comfortable than standard.Really I`d like to keep the Eibachs. Also which delete kit is best and is it really needed.If I`m just left with a dash light I can live with that. 

Catalunya Red ,Heated rear window,Power steering,Wireless (with FM),Seat belts,Servo assisted brakes.Pneumatic tyres. Disc brakes.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

I`ve had enough of the OEM magride dampers. I fitted Eibach springs a while back and these were a vast improvement over standard springs. Recently I`ve been getting a clunking noise front and back both nearside. Got it on the four post today. Rear nearside damper doesn`t damp anymore. I also need a host of rubber bushes front and rear. Whilst I`m at it I may as well change all four dampers and fit the delete kit. My question is which dampers will give a better ride than OEM. I`m not after the ultimate track car just something more comfortable than standard.Really I`d like to keep the Eibachs. Also which delete kit is best and is it really needed.If I`m just left with a dash light I can live with that. 

Neil.

Bilstein B8s dampers if they will fit  :89:  The backs won't be a problem but the oem short length fronts may cause you one. :mellow:  

Dell.

0120raptor

0120raptor

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

I`ve just found out Bilstein don`t do B8 dampers for RS3. Only 12,14,and 16. These already come with Eibach springs fitted . That`s no use as I already have these. Does nobody else make dampers for these cars ?

Catalunya Red ,Heated rear window,Power steering,Wireless (with FM),Seat belts,Servo assisted brakes.Pneumatic tyres. Disc brakes.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

I`ve just found out Bilstein don`t do B8 dampers for RS3. Only 12,14,and 16. These already come with Eibach springs fitted . That`s no use as I already have these. Does nobody else make dampers for these cars ?

Neil.

The B12s are i believe B8s with non adjustable Eilbach springs fitted.

Be creative & look at the RS as just another A3 but with lowered springs fitted mate.

Dell.

0120raptor

0120raptor

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

Dell

I got it wrong. Bilstein don`t do B12`s either for RS3. I don`t want to go coilover. Surely dampers for a humble A3 would be super soft. 

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Dell
I got it wrong. Bilstein don`t do B12`s either for RS3. I don`t want to go coilover. Surely dampers for a humble A3 would be super soft. 

Neil

From what i found on the 8P the B8s & the B14s dampers had twice as much compression damping as the stock front dampers.

My B14s are just run of the mill fiterment for a petrol/diesel 8P Quattro.

The problem is getting a dampen short enough to accommodated your Eilbech springs mate.

Dell.

0120raptor

0120raptor

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

Neil

From what i found on the 8P the B8s & the B14s dampers had twice as much compression damping as the stock front dampers.

My B14s are just run of the mill fiterment for a petrol/diesel 8P Quattro.

The problem is getting a dampen short enough to accommodated your Eilbech springs mate.

Dell.

My Eibachs do lower the car but not because they are shorter . They are softer than standard hence the lowering but are in fact the same length as standard so shorter dampers are not needed.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

My Eibachs do lower the car but not because they are shorter . They are softer than standard hence the lowering but are in fact the same length as standard so shorter dampers are not needed.

Neil.

The 8v RS oem dampers may be shorter than say a S-Line or SE A3 one's.

If there not then you could use any quality aftermarket dampers to complement your Eilbachs mate.

Dell.

0120raptor

0120raptor

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

Neil.

The 8v RS oem dampers may be shorter than say a S-Line or SE A3 one's.

If there not then you could use any quality aftermarket dampers to complement your Eilbachs mate.

Dell.

Dell

Good point .I hadn`t thought of that. I`ll give google a bashing. 

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts
4 old fashioned Bicycle pumps

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Neil.

I tryed using B8s with just the Eilbach front spings but found they where 25mm to long so i had Bilsten UK shorten them the required amount.

The problem i then had was Eilbach don't do matching rear springs for the 8P so i sold it all off & fitted B12.

The RS3/S3 8P is 10mm lower again than an S-Line.

Dell.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

4 old fashioned Bicycle pumps

Stop it ! 😂😂😂

Dell.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Stop it !

Dell.

Worth a punt

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Worth a punt

😂😂😂😂

Dell.

Reply to this topic

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.