More Power

43 replies to this topic

robokn

robokn

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts
  • LocationSunny South Coast

Well the car is currently at Stage 2 and 460 ish, I am looking for more power, greedy boy I know

but when I did that rally last year a few super cars and want to show them up a little  :rolleyes:

So I am looking at a few routes;

Ben 520 Bhp @ TTU with a hybrid - runs hot so will need better heat management, not mega money

RPC 600+ from Storm, will achieve 600 no trouble and no stress on anything, expensive but realible  

Used IMS750 again mid 600s but again needs good heat management, kinda in the middle of costs.

Both RPC and IMS kit will need fitting costs attributed to the build and all three will need mapping prob by MRC

Confused as F as to where to place my money, don't want to have a built engine as cant see

it being here for years to come and cost is quite prohibitive from what I am led to believe.

So peeps any contributions welcome, good or bad fire away

18 Plate St2 TTRS, Roadster, 20" OZ Indy HLTs, Forge IC and Hard pipes, Audi Carbon Mirrors, Automotive Passion spoiler, Side skirts and front air vents.  Scorpion full system all tuned by MRC

Caney

Caney

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts
  • LocationWarwickshire
If you are trying to achieve a faster road car then TTU but run it lower boost so 480-500. If you have switchable maps installed it will do 530-540 with octane booster. This is what i’ll do if i keep the car,if you are after a dragstrip monster then storm kit . There is way more headroom in the storm kit but its serious money.
2018 NARDO RS3 SPORTBACK MRC STAGE 2 520PS/705NM0-60 3.19 SECS/0-100 7.06 SECS

Lawrence

Lawrence

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts
Not in anyway questioning your driving ability but have you seen the vid on YouTube where the guy is going around the Nurburgring in the vw up with really good suspension and tyres setup and passing really fast cars including a Ferrari. Just goes to show that power isn’t the be all and end all.

robokn

robokn

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts

Not in anyway questioning your driving ability but have you seen the vid on YouTube where the guy is going around the Nurburgring in the vw up with really good suspension and tyres setup and passing really fast cars including a Ferrari. Just goes to show that power isn’t the be all and end all.

My driving is ok and happy at speed, there maybe a few track days and possibly ¼ finally so power is needed

18 Plate St2 TTRS, Roadster, 20" OZ Indy HLTs, Forge IC and Hard pipes, Audi Carbon Mirrors, Automotive Passion spoiler, Side skirts and front air vents.  Scorpion full system all tuned by MRC

Lawrence

Lawrence

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts
Do you have the pfl?

Buchrs3

Buchrs3

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts
I’m going for the ims850 kit. Will be speaking to Richard at jbs tomorrow. They do the custom code tuning for iroz ims 850 kit.

Lawrence

Lawrence

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts
That car is going to be mental mate good luck I’m sure it will be lots of fun. Polar opposite owners that car has had now eh

Buchrs3

Buchrs3

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts
If u only knew why I’m going big turbo route tho 😂😂😂
#wastegaterattle

robokn

robokn

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts

Do you have the pfl?

Yes pre face lift

Lawrence

Lawrence

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts
Yeah I know mate I fitted full exhaust for a guy on here on his FL and it annoys him too.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

Lawrence.

I'm with you power an't everything baring on a drag track & sometimes it can be an hindrance.

Dell.

Lawrence

Lawrence

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts
Yeah if you search that video on YouTube it’s funny, a lot of unhappy drivers on that track. I think it’s a guy called mischa and his vw up

Huwgo R

Huwgo R

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
I agree too guys i miss my gof r which had a fantastic set up far superior handling to my RS3

Huwgo R

Huwgo R

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
I agree too guys i miss my gof r which had a fantastic set up far superior handling to my RS3

Lawrence

Lawrence

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts
That’s what I heard about the golf r wonder why Audi didn’t set it up to handle better

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts
  • LocationIn a barge near Roy's old barge
Nowt wrong with the RS3 handling.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Nardo RS4

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.
Tbh if the R is that good why did you change to an inferior RS3 ? 🤔

Dell.

Quattro

Quattro

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
Having had an R running Apr stage 2 it was a fantastic car and felt very agile.
My issue with the R is that the engine sounds like a sewing machine, no matter what exhaust you put on them they still sound very average.
One of the main problems is they’re bloody everywhere and residuals are garbage.
Did I love my R? Yes
Would I change my RS3 and go back to one? No

The RS3 has the complete package, having fitted the staggered wheel setup handling is also improved.

BenTTU

BenTTU

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationTamworth
Hi robokn

Where did you get the info from that my hybrid runs hot?

Ben

robokn

robokn

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts

Hi robokn

Where did you get the info from that my hybrid runs hot?

Ben

Hi Ben, having doen loads of research it seems to get the max out of them they need to be

running at full pelt hence the heat. I spoke with loads of different tuners and asked the same question 

and all said hybrids run hot due to the work load.

Reply to this topic

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.