• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

SeanB

SeanB

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationOop north

So this week I got all excited because the RS3 was available to order again. I built my car in the configurator albeit without the super sports seats (boo!) and no Audi Exclusive colours still (more boo!). I then called my local dealer, gave him the code and said can we do some business.

He comes back to me an hour later and says nope. Not unless you come and sign a contract right this minute, as as of today (Sat 6th) the A3 order book as a whole is closed as production quotas have been met and they will start tooling up for the new model.

Not wanting to abandon work to go all the way to Sunderland on a whim I declined his offer, and thus my dream of an RS3 has gone up in another puff of smoke, for the time being at least.

Having already test driven the only car I found currently available with a spec anywhere near the RS3, the Mercedes AMG C43, I will now be placing an order for one. It's more of a 'grown up' car than the RS3 (no offence meant to anyone!) as opposed to the hoonigan that is the RS3 but it is very nice to drive, I loved the interior and I especially loved the sound of the V6 through the AMG exhaust :) The 4WD is fixed with a 69% rear bias, which is also quite appealing, more 'proper sports car' but with the sure footedness of some drive at the front as well.

Maybe in a couple of years I'll come back to look at the new RS3, but for now it's off to Mercedes I go. Thanks for your hospitality everybody, and happy motoring :)

Dreaming of a Merlin purple RS3 with all the trimmings :)

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts
  • LocationIn a barge near Roy's old barge
Can't gel with Merc myself, interiors are rank. C43 will get battered by the RS3 imho.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Nardo RS4

Roy

Roy

Resident Nardo Hater

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,507 posts
  • LocationYellow is the new Black

Good luck with the Merc mate, does not matter if the RS3 beats it or not if your happy with it then all the best to you !

I'm really getting fed up up of a lot of people on here "slagging" every other car off if its not an RS3 !

Come on lads there are lots of cars out there better than what we have !

Not having a go at you John, 

But the RS3 is NOT the be all and end all of the motoring world !

Edited by Roy, 06 April 2019 - 06:37 PM.

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts
No worries Roy ;)

TX.

Nardo RS4

SeanB

SeanB

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationOop north

I actually really liked the interior, neither the C43 or RS3 are perfect in that respect but I found it a really nice place to be :)

I'm not overly infatuated by 0-60 times or whether or not another car is faster. For me it's about the driving experience and I do like the Merc. Audi were never able to provide me with an RS3 to test although I drove an S3 and I enjoyed that too. End of the day it's Audi themselves who have lost my business, I was ready to buy.

Dreaming of a Merlin purple RS3 with all the trimmings :)

Pil5burydoughboy

Pil5burydoughboy

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • LocationAberdeen

I actually really liked the interior, neither the C43 or RS3 are perfect in that respect but I found it a really nice place to be :)

I'm not overly infatuated by 0-60 times or whether or not another car is faster. For me it's about the driving experience and I do like the Merc. Audi were never able to provide me with an RS3 to test although I drove an S3 and I enjoyed that too. End of the day it's Audi themselves who have lost my business, I was ready to buy.

My neighbour has a C43, not been in it or driven it but it does look & sound very nice.

MacD

MacD

Site Owner

• Owner
  • 4,777 posts
  • LocationDark side of the moon
Garage View Garage
AMG stuff is by the far the best sounding out the box.

Been tempted myself by one, enjoy the new car :)

The official RS3 Owners Club forum - www.audirs3oc.com 

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts
This is perhaps the best thread for me to seek redemption...

TX. b390de4ef4ee3c0489e02407b26835fd.jpg

Nardo RS4

Fivepotfan

Fivepotfan

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • LocationSouth of somewhere

This is perhaps the best thread for me to seek redemption...

TX. b390de4ef4ee3c0489e02407b26835fd.jpg

If this is your new chariot TX then I will admit to being more than a little envious. :D

616bhp (factory figure but they have plenty more) and four wheel drive - yes please.

Edited by Fivepotfan, 08 April 2019 - 09:31 PM.

now driving a 'Daytona Lite' FL car.

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts

If this is your new chariot TX then I will admit to being more than a little envious. :D
616bhp and four wheel drive - yes please.

It is, got a great deal so RS4 is history!

TX.

Nardo RS4

Evil Diesel

Evil Diesel

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

OMG - that didn't last long.  Just picturing large bonfires of cash...

Attached File  00098694.jpg   64.22K   19 downloads

Fivepotfan

Fivepotfan

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 868 posts

It is, got a great deal so RS4 is history!

TX.

You are a lucky man.........the M5 Competition is getting some rave reviews from road testers. Some have also found that BMW have been very conservative on the quoted power outputs for the stock cars - some tuners claiming to see north of 650ps on stock dyno runs. :blink:  

MacD

MacD

Site Owner

• Owner
  • 4,777 posts
  • LocationDark side of the moon
Garage View Garage
Reading reviews the M5 seems decent, I’d imagine it’s more involving and exciting than the RS4 which appears more muted in comparison.

More pics too :)

There’s two live off the road where I do, red one and a grey one. Both have decent presence on the road.

The official RS3 Owners Club forum - www.audirs3oc.com 

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts
Few below.

TX. a8dfc6c37dbd33ace8d54dadd47f86f6.jpg535a4c90360664353110fcd857766cf5.jpgc6290b77234c2b82d45ce97d6ef0659a.jpg884cba6f88a965f2b4bb3011e59b9339.jpg

Nardo RS4

Fivepotfan

Fivepotfan

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Few below.

TX. a8dfc6c37dbd33ace8d54dadd47f86f6.jpg535a4c90360664353110fcd857766cf5.jpgc6290b77234c2b82d45ce97d6ef0659a.jpg884cba6f88a965f2b4bb3011e59b9339.jpg

Very nice TX :up_it:   .....you even have the carbon fibre engine cover too (that's a £1,025 option if I am not mistaken)

Will be keeping an eye out for you in my area, I sometimes spotted you when you cruised through in the RS4.

Roy

Roy

Resident Nardo Hater

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,507 posts
  • LocationYellow is the new Black
Very nice too mate..first time I have heard of or seen one, So its ok to like other brands now then ........... How about Daimlers ;-) ?

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

Very nice too mate..first time I have heard of or seen one,

So its ok to like other brands now then ........... How about Daimlers ;-) ?

What about Daimlers ? 😕

Dell.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.