Another paddle extension thread - sorry

paddles shifting

12 replies to this topic

MrNoisy

MrNoisy

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Apologies for another paddle extender thread but haven't been able to find what I'm after.

Basically, like many others on here, I think the standard paddles on the prefl 8V are lacking in size and want something a bit bigger to make them more accessible while driving.

Can see there's plenty of cheap stuff around on ebay and aliexpress, but unfortunately most of the prefl 8v styles are either stick on (don't like the sound of that), or just look naff to me.

I've ordered a cheap set like this off ebay but tbh I think they'll probably go straight in the bin

https://www.aliexpre...2973974149.html

What I'm really after is something in this style 

https://www.aliexpre...2962292478.html

...or this

https://www.aliexpre...2974331626.html

...or even this

https://www.aliexpre...2819530156.html

but the only one that looks to fit the 8v PreFL paddle is the last one which is £73 odd, which is a bit steep for a cheap machined bit of aluminium and tbh I prefer the style of the first one in my list (not the ones I ordered!).

Has anyone had any success in obtaining a set of these that fit the RS3 8V PreFL paddles and don't cost a silly price?  Don't want to end up paying £73 for a set of paddles and then have to pay another £40 in customs fees, just ridiculous for what they are.

Evil Diesel

Evil Diesel

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

As you aleady suspect, I imagine the round file is the place for these....

Some of the carbon fibre ones are not too bad as they are more subtle but they still don't really float my boat.

https://www.hsd-il.c...ar-carbon-fiber

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent
Sometimes you have to put your hand in your pocket to get what you want unfortunately or else it may be the case of buy cheap buy twice.

Corr if you think under £100 is expensive I’m sure you wouldn’t approve of my £510 for my R8 paddles on the 8P

e2b9bc34fbb3cdc18a1753fd706c27f9.jpg

Edited by JayRS3, 27 March 2019 - 10:16 AM.

MrNoisy

MrNoisy

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Sometimes you have to put your hand in your pocket to get what you want unfortunately or else it may be the case of buy cheap buy twice.

Corr if you think under £100 is expensive I’m sure you wouldn’t approve of my £510 for my R8 paddles on the 8P

At £510 someone could have custom made a few sets for you ;). If you wanted them though hat off to you if that’s the look you wanted and you could afford it they look pretty good :).
I know what you’re saying re cost but for the price it’s a bit much for something that’s obviously mass produced in China. From the pics I’ve seen on other threads on here quality isn’t too bad.
Just a bit irritating that there are loads for the 8P but not many for the 8V.

JamesBaby

JamesBaby

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
1e5d61c5cf6a00c020d556b3c09fc746.jpg

I have a set of these for sale. They looked great in my RS3 8V and were very functional too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

That’s what I like about your mods Jay....... zero tacky tat.

MrNoisy

MrNoisy

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Thanks James, already got a set of those same ones in black on way but have to say I'm not convinced so will leave it cheers

Having done a bit more digging, unfortunately looking at some of the sellers of the other one I was looking at (The Axmotiv style), their feedback is less than encouraging - Winn Autosport have some of the worst customer feedback I've seen.

Tempting to go through a UK intermediary to cancel out all that pain and the shipping nonsense.

Quite liking the look of these PD Paddle Shifter ones, bit pricier at £155 but by the time you factor in another £40 in customs and tax on the £75 on Aliexpress there's not much in it, plus at least there's some comeback in the event of an issue...actually really quite like these...but to go for silver or black....HMMMMM.

Paddle-Audi-V2-500x500.jpg

IMG_2489(Black)-500x500.jpg

Edited by MrNoisy, 27 March 2019 - 01:28 PM.

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent

That’s what I like about your mods Jay....... zero tacky tat.

thanks Sean.

MrNoisy

MrNoisy

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

What do folks think - silver or black?  I'm actually thinking the silver looks quite decent.

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent

What do folks think - silver or black? I'm actually thinking the silver looks quite decent.

i prefer black as it doesn’t stand out in your face and looks less aftermarket

MrNoisy

MrNoisy

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

i prefer black as it doesn’t stand out in your face and looks less aftermarket

I hear you, that was why my initial gut with the Axmotiv ones had been to go with black, but these actually look a bit cleaner.  Still, as you say, in the flesh it may be a little different.

MrNoisy

MrNoisy

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Right, that's that ordered then, awesome GTI came through in the end with them already in stock, so hopefully have them for the weekend.

MarkMac-RS3

MarkMac-RS3

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Right, that's that ordered then, awesome GTI came through in the end with them already in stock, so hopefully have them for the weekend.

I bought the PD ones for my 8p, very good quality and came well presented. It’s a shame they didn’t quite fit the 8p paddles though, slightly too big. Been tempted to get some for my 8V to be honest.

Reply to this topic

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.