2 replies to this topic

Fivepotfan

Fivepotfan

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • LocationSouth of somewhere

During my visit to MRC last week for fitting the Scorpion downpipe (see separate thread in the tuning & mods section) I was shown the latest turbo inlet pipe which they had just received from Forge Motorsport. Anyone who follows any of the USA tuning forums for the RS3/TTRS may be familiar with a similar product produced by tuning companies APR or Integrated Engineering (IE). Essentially these larger turbo intakes increase the volume of air fed to the turbo and with the extra breathing allows the engine to produce more power on tuned cars. The APR and IE parts are metal and are a direct replacement for the OEM part. However, these upgrade parts are only currently available for left hand drive cars.

Forge Motorsport have produced a version made from re-enforced multiply silicone hose which fits right hand drive cars. The kit is reasonably priced and Forge claim up to 20bhp increase (for a tuned engine).

https://www.forgemot...duct--1725.html

MRC were keen to see how the inlet would perform and as my car was being worked on for fitting the downpipe and also already has the Forge air intake pipe, I opted to have the turbo inlet pipe fitted too.

The dyno result was a pleasant surprise, most cars with the stage 2 parts produce around 502 to 510ps and 700nm torque on the MRC dyno. My car with the Forge inlet managed 520ps & 727nm on 99ron pump fuel, and 541ps & 767nm on higher octane 102/104ron. Doug seemed to think that the high octane fuel run could have produced slightly more power but the car didn't seem to like the NF Ultra octane booster that I was trying (deliberately chosen as it doesn't have the MMT content that the NF Race formula contains). The end result looks to be around 10 to 12ps and 25nm+ of torque (stock turbo and stage 2 parts of downpipe and Forge IC ) which is pretty good considering the price of the Forge inlet pipe.

IMG_0397.jpg

Run 3 is stock power

Run 2 is 99RON fuel

Run 1 is 102/104 high octane fuel

IMG_0440.jpeg

Edited by Fivepotfan, 18 March 2019 - 10:57 PM.

now driving a 'Daytona Lite' FL car.

robokn

robokn

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts
  • LocationSunny South Coast

Is this a FL car?

18 Plate St2 TTRS, Roadster, 20" OZ Indy HLTs, Forge IC and Hard pipes, Audi Carbon Mirrors, Automotive Passion spoiler, Side skirts and front air vents.  Scorpion full system all tuned by MRC

Fivepotfan

Fivepotfan

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • LocationSouth of somewhere

Is this a FL car?

Yes it is an FL car.

It's stock turbo with stage 2 parts including Forge intercooler, Milltek downpipe (was supposed to be Scorpion but there were some fitting issues which need sorting), Forge turbo inlet and larger air intake pipe. The numbers suggest that the Forge parts seem to be a worthwhile mod but this needs to be confirmed with some Dragy times or a visit to Santa Pod. Sometimes dyno numbers do not necessarily always convert to faster times on the road. 

now driving a 'Daytona Lite' FL car.

Reply to this topic

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.