49 replies to this topic

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

has anyone fitted the engine mount insert too? 

Powerflex don't do an insert for the drivers side engine mount just the gearbox & dogbone mount on the crossmember mate.

Dell.

Duke3D

Duke3D

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationBerkshire
Funnily enough I have wondered about doing this however after fitting the new gearbox mount + Powerflex insert the difference to the old knackered mount is unbelievable 😳

I knew the old mount was FUBAR but hadn’t realised by how much. The amount of engine movement must have been horrendous as now it feels so tight. Not only has it helped with the smoothness of the gear changes but the handling has tightened up with the reduced mass of the engine/ gearbox slopping about, not only front to back but left to right.

I’ve got some other priorities on the car at the mo but I’m planning on trying the engine mount insert to see if it’s day to day liveable 😊

Edited by Duke3D, 26 March 2019 - 09:06 PM.

Audi RS3 8P 2011: Phantom Black, Retrofit genuine Audi black grille. Mods: Milltek Decat pipes, Bilstein B16 Coilovers with 034 Motorsport top mounts. Superpro front control arms, Powerflex Gearbox & Dogbone mount inserts, 034 Motorsport Rear ARB, 034 Motorsport Front & Rear Drop Links. Reyland 370mm front brake rotors.

Duke3D

Duke3D

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationBerkshire

Powerflex don't do an insert for the drivers side engine mount just the gearbox & dogbone mount on the crossmember mate.

Dell.

Thought they did Dell 🤔

https://www.powerfle...ert /12750.html
Audi RS3 8P 2011: Phantom Black, Retrofit genuine Audi black grille. Mods: Milltek Decat pipes, Bilstein B16 Coilovers with 034 Motorsport top mounts. Superpro front control arms, Powerflex Gearbox & Dogbone mount inserts, 034 Motorsport Rear ARB, 034 Motorsport Front & Rear Drop Links. Reyland 370mm front brake rotors.

Duke3D

Duke3D

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationBerkshire
Oops just seen not for RS3 😭😭😭

You were right Dell 😫

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Oops just seen not for RS3

You were right Dell

Rob.

:P

Dell.

Duke3D

Duke3D

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationBerkshire

Rob.

:P

Dell.

Embarrassed 😞

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Embarrassed 😞

Rob.

Its happen to all of us mate 🙈

Dell.

Arkious

Arkious

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts
  • LocationSouth Shields, North East
Aye I did some digging for a one that would fit but couldn’t find jack. But as you say I was amazed by the difference with the mount fitted. Knew there was an issue with my RS from the day I got it, but I just couldn’t grasp how the mount would cause it... how wrong was I 😆

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Aye I did some digging for a one that would fit but couldn’t find jack. But as you say I was amazed by the difference with the mount fitted. Knew there was an issue with my RS from the day I got it, but I just couldn’t grasp how the mount would cause it... how wrong was I 😆

May have even been at the bottom of your gearbox/transfer box issues 🤔

Dell.

Duke3D

Duke3D

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationBerkshire
Ummm, now confused as Awesome list the same insert for RS3: https://www.awesomeg...2012-pff85-531/

Do they know something Powerflex don’t

OllieC

OllieC

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Ummm, now confused as Awesome list the same insert for RS3: https://www.awesomeg...2012-pff85-531/

Do they know something Powerflex don’t

I don’t think the pictures of the actual mounts are the inserts fit into are the same. Scroll down on the first powerflex link then look at the mount for the RS3 below. 241f7388fc0975e66472fff07ef9c20b.jpg

I thought the upper mount was unique to our 2.5L engine. Don’t quote me on that though!!! Part number doesn’t match any listed on the powerflex page.
That being said powerflex says the upper gearbox inserts don’t fit our cars either.

Ollie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OllieC

OllieC

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
S3
65cb1d4a73fba5e9f587d7c4dd1d33b1.jpg

Duke3D

Duke3D

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationBerkshire
Yup I agree with you Ollie but that really questions why Awesome list this insert against the RS3 saying it fits, especially as I ordered my inserts for the gearbox and dogbone from https://powerflexstore.co.uk which is run by Awesome

OllieC

OllieC

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Yup I agree with you Ollie but that really questions why Awesome list this insert against the RS3 saying it fits, especially as I ordered my inserts for the gearbox and dogbone from https://powerflexstore.co.uk which is run by Awesome

Agreed.

Go to awsomes site, link you posted. At the top it says fits RS3. Keep reading and further down the pages it says it won’t fit the RS3 or ttrs!!

Ollie

Duke3D

Duke3D

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationBerkshire
Quality service 🤨

scooterperu

scooterperu

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Agreed.

Go to awsomes site, link you posted. At the top it says fits RS3. Keep reading and further down the pages it says it won’t fit the RS3 or ttrs!!

Ollie

this is why i was confused.

i just removed both from my old S3, so i was wondering if the engine one would fit too, but seems that it wont.

RS3 2012, Daytona Grey - APR Stage 2

8V steering wheel/TT dead pedal/RNS-e/Ashtray delete/Front PDC retrofit/Recaro Sportster CS buckets/Carbon details/
Custom intake/Catless downpipe and midpipes/CTS intercooler/Snow performance WMI/Forge diverter/
O.Z. formula 19x8.5 ET50/Powerflex antilift/
H&R springs/H&R sway bars/

OllieC

OllieC

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

this is why i was confused.
i just removed both from my old S3, so i was wondering if the engine one would fit too, but seems that it wont.

probably not

Ollie

Arkious

Arkious

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts
  • LocationSouth Shields, North East

May have even been at the bottom of your gearbox/transfer box issues
Dell.

I have no doubt about it Dell, I’m just amazed that at the price of the mount and knowing it’s a consumable that Audi never looked there first! Never mind though at least it’s sorted

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

I have no doubt about it Dell, I’m just amazed that at the price of the mount and knowing it’s a consumable that Audi never looked there first! Never mind though at least it’s sorted

The Tec's at main dealers these days just do oil,oil filters,brake discs & pads & don't forget electronic updates if & when there told to do so.🙁

The days of old school fault finding & mechanical work have long since gone mate !🤔

Dell.

Duke3D

Duke3D

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationBerkshire

The Tec's at main dealers these days just do oil,oil filters,brake discs & pads & don't forget electronic updates if & when there told to do so.🙁

The days of old school fault finding & mechanical work have long since gone mate !🤔

Dell.

So true 😫

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.