TTRS - RS3 Saloon Traction

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

johnnyboy

johnnyboy

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

So before my RS3 Saloon I had a TT RS Plus which had Dunlop tyres on it. It had no problem putting full power down to the road in a straight line from standstill or rolling in very vet conditions.

Very rarely did I see the traction control light flash up on the dash.

My RS3 Saloon has P zeros on and the traction light comes on quite regularly in the wet to the point I usually press the traction control button to reduced stability mode.

In this mode I have had the car axel tramping under hard acceleration so sometimes Ill hold the traction button to turn fully off which then results in wheel spin instead.

There have also been times when I have been going down the road in 4th at about 35-40 mph with very mild acceleration and the traction light flashes for up to 5-10 seconds. (when engine not up to temp)

Probably the only real difference between this and my last car is about 40 bhp and the tyres.

Any thoughts ?

Kaine19

Kaine19

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts
I personally think its the P Zero's. I know a few people find them ok but i found them awful to a point i didnt wait for them to wear down, i changed to PS4s

Evil Diesel

Evil Diesel

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

I wasn't impressed with the P Zeros - 2 of them self destructed (tyre wall bulges) within 230 miles on potholes in any event - swapped out to Conti Sport 5s and had no issues.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

I wasn't impressed with the P Zeros - 2 of them self destructed (tyre wall bulges) within 230 miles on potholes in any event - swapped out to Conti Sport 5s and had no issues.

You should join the Pirelli lobbying movement on ASN ED think they are marching on Pirelli HQ soon.

Some nut job is leading the charge by all accounts.

The BBC are contemplating bringing back ‘That’s Life’ specially to cover it.

Evil Diesel

Evil Diesel

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Didn't think I would be feeling sympathy for Pirelli.....

Attached File  Shaun of the dead.jpg   72.29K   0 downloads

Edited by Evil Diesel, 07 January 2019 - 06:58 AM.

Evil Diesel

Evil Diesel

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

You should join the Pirelli lobbying movement on ASN ED think they are marching on Pirelli HQ soon.

Some nut job is leading the charge by all accounts.

The BBC are contemplating bringing back ‘That’s Life’ specially to cover it.

Oh my god - I just scanned through some of that thread. People seem to be arguing that the Pirelli tyres are rubbish (a view that I share) but keep putting new P Zeros back on. Isn't this Einstein's definition of insanity?

He also was quoted 'Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.'

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

Oh my god - I just scanned through some of that thread. People seem to be arguing that the Pirelli tyres are rubbish (a view that I share) but keep putting new P Zeros back on. Isn't this Einstein's definition of insanity?

He also was quoted 'Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.'

So much for nature selection 🤔

Can't teach stupid. 🙄

Dell.

Danw

Danw

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts
Are any pzero owners on here also suffering this tyre damage on the RS3 cars when using the R02 model tyre?

I still run the R01 model and have never experienced any problems and when the time comes will try the R02 on my PFL model.
So this brings me on to my next question, are the wheel geometry set ups different on the PFL to the FL cars or is the a quite serious issue with the R02 tyre?

Just thought I would ask as putting this sort of Question on ASN would probably start a 10 page argument 😂

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Are any pzero owners on here also suffering this tyre damage on the RS3 cars when using the R02 model tyre?

I still run the R01 model and have never experienced any problems and when the time comes will try the R02 on my PFL model.
So this brings me on to my next question, are the wheel geometry set ups different on the PFL to the FL cars or is the a quite serious issue with the R02 tyre?

Just thought I would ask as putting this sort of Question on ASN would probably start a 10 page argument

All good here checked mine again in December when I put the winters on and there are no signs of inner edge wear at all.

The trouble with the moaners on ASN is they always are looking for issues to pin on someone.

Evil Diesel

Evil Diesel

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

I didn't have an inner edge wear issue.

Mind you, the tyre walls blew out fairly quickly so there wasn't much chance for wear.  No Issues on the Conti Sport 5s.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

Just thought I would ask as putting this sort of Question on ASN would probably start a 10 page argument 😂

Dan.

Didn't you have a tyre go on the motorway sometime back mate.🤔

Dell.

Danw

Danw

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Dan.

Didn't you have a tyre go on the motorway sometime back mate.🤔

Dell.

Your correct dell I remember it like it was yesterday mate😂. The car never felt unstable at all even at 70 when it decided to let go. The tyre was still intact when I pulled over and all that was damaged was the inside wall which was pretty shredded.
Alloy was un damaged too, a testiment to a well manufactured tyre surly.

Webby

Webby

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationSouthampton

I had the inner wear edge issue on a FL earlier this year running R02 (10K), swapped to MP4S. Never looked back. 

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts
Goodyear Eagle F1’s Supersports here.

Superb

Thought they were showing inner edge wear right on the shoulders but since upping the pressures I’ve had no problem.
Goodyear said they will replace them when wore out too.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.