who did you choose?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Barksy

Barksy

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

collect my 8v next month and I've been looking at who to go with. had my 8p mapped with IC done with awesomegti a few years back before I ventured into many other cars and I'm back in the RS again. just wondering whats the most popular company that you guys have gone for and how the cars have been to drive having been mapped, exhaust etc?

any feedback would be great, thanks

Roy

Roy

Resident Nardo Hater

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,507 posts
  • LocationYellow is the new Black

MRC or APR SEEM POPULAR CHOICE

JamesBaby

JamesBaby

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

I had APR Stage 2+ but then went for MRC Stage 2+. I also got their DSG map with additional custom adjustments to Sport mode.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

I had APR Stage 2+ but then went for MRC Stage 2+. I also got their DSG map with additional custom adjustments to Sport mode.

James.

What made you change from the APR 2+ to the MRC 2+ & what difference was there between the two mate ?

Dell.

Edited by RS3Dell, 30 November 2018 - 10:05 AM.

JamesBaby

JamesBaby

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

The APR 2+ was smooth, but for me the low down throttle response felt worse than OEM. 

The MRC option felt more aggressive lower down and just as powerful overall. The clincher was the bundle discount with a DSG map which APR don't offer. I was able to have the Sport mode customised so it didn't hold onto such high revs before shifting up. This meant that I can use Sport mode in many more road and driving conditions. Otherwise Sport was pretty useless in general or spirited driving. I can even cruise on the Motorway now in Sport and make more use of the available torque, whilst not sitting at 5k rpm like a loon, and still have respectable MPG.

So the overall package for my type of driving MRC seemed best.

seventeenapg

seventeenapg

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationBelfast N Irl

The APR 2+ was smooth, but for me the low down throttle response felt worse than OEM. 

The MRC option felt more aggressive lower down and just as powerful overall. The clincher was the bundle discount with a DSG map which APR don't offer. I was able to have the Sport mode customised so it didn't hold onto such high revs before shifting up. This meant that I can use Sport mode in many more road and driving conditions. Otherwise Sport was pretty useless in general or spirited driving. I can even cruise on the Motorway now in Sport and make more use of the available torque, whilst not sitting at 5k rpm like a loon, and still have respectable MPG.

So the overall package for my type of driving MRC seemed best.

Did you know that, if you are in sport mode on the motorway, and in sixth gear (the highest) and switch on cruise control the gearbox will automatically take the seventh gear with resultant lower revs? If you touch the brake pedal then, you will revert back to sixth immediately.

2018 > Catalunya Red saloon < Black pack ~ pano sunroof ~ privacy glass ~ LD Prestige gloss black wheel rims ~ red brake calipers ~ matrix LED ~ Gtechnic Ultra ~ Suntec PPF to complete front incl mirror caps ~ folding mirrors ~ keyless entry ~ sports exhaust ~ black badged ~ supersports seats ~ Blackvue DR 900s 2CH dash cam with OBD-II power source ~ RS design pack ~ comfort pack<

JamesBaby

JamesBaby

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
Interesting. Though Can’t really see a use for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quattro

Quattro

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
That’s the same as the 8P.
Although the 8V will run in 7th in Sport at motorway speeds without using cruise.

Edited by Quattro, 30 November 2018 - 12:32 PM.

AwesomeLisa

AwesomeLisa

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationManchester

collect my 8v next month and I've been looking at who to go with. had my 8p mapped with IC done with awesomegti a few years back before I ventured into many other cars and I'm back in the RS again. just wondering whats the most popular company that you guys have gone for and how the cars have been to drive having been mapped, exhaust etc?

any feedback would be great, thanks

Hi why dont you come back to Awesome Gti and go APR  :D

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.