Courtesy Car for RS3?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

k7aus

k7aus

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Need to book my RS3 into dealership for fuel pump recall work, is there any guidelines from Audi on like for like courtesy cars?? or is just what every they have?

1989 Mk2 Edition One PF - BREAKING in LC3U - Not Registered
1990 Mk2 2.0 8v GTI 3A - SORN
1991 MK2 Edition Blue GTI PF - Restoration
1998 Audi A3 1.8T AGU - SORN
1998 Mk1 Citigolf Chico 1.3 GY - Not Registered
2002 T4 1200 SWB ACV
2003 Audi S3 1.8t BAM
2004 Audi A2 TDI90 ATL
2005 Golf S TDI BKC
2007 Golf GT TDI BKD
2016 Audi RS3 8V
2018 Golf GTE Advance CUKB

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Need to book my RS3 into dealership for fuel pump recall work, is there any guidelines from Audi on like for like courtesy cars?? or is just what every they have?

It’ll be whatever they have and bear in mind you’ll probably have to book in a week or 2 in advance, as their cars are usually booked up on paid service work.

Prepare for disappointment whatever they give you.....A3, Q2, A1

Evil Diesel

Evil Diesel

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

I got a VW Touareg - a disaster. It is like driving around London in an Abrams M1A1 tank. Begged them just to give me a Golf but they said it was not appropriate so came up with a diesel TT which I also hated - had it for a month in the end.

I would have been happy with a Golf.

drgav2005

drgav2005

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Yep, my wife was given an A1 this week when she took in her RS3 for them to sort out her brakes. To be fair, they did the fronts under warranty, so it was a good result.

Never fails to surprise me that they miss the up-selling opportunity... Why not try this TTRS / RS4 / RS6 / A8 / R8 etc. for the day?! I know when she had a Jag (many moons ago) they were always loaning out some great courtesy cars and the sales guy confirmed that was how they kept customers in branch and moved them along the product family... £££!!!

k7aus

k7aus

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

The previous car was a BMW, and when that was in for paint damage which they caused i got a Peugeot 208 1.2 puretech for 3 days. I was very dissapointed. The only plus side was i could drive it flat out 70% of the time(mostly motorway)

2002 T4 1200 SWB ACV
2003 Audi S3 1.8t BAM
2004 Audi A2 TDI90 ATL
2005 Golf S TDI BKC
2007 Golf GT TDI BKD
2016 Audi RS3 8V

Evil Diesel

Evil Diesel

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

If you drive a shed the great benefit is you can go flat out and it feels like you are on the edge of death but stay within licence keeping terratory. In these cars you can be crusing at 110 mph and not feel it at all.

RobRS

RobRS

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • LocationSurrey

When i put my Mrs RS3 in for haldex pump replacement under Audi extended warranty, I was given an A6 avant 4.0 TDi as a loan car - it only had a 120 miles the clock. Although it had a 5k insurance excess attached to it, but if you paid them something like £30.00 it was reduced £500   :wacko:

So by the looks of it, its pretty much luck of draw what you get as a loan car.

Edited by RobRS, 08 November 2018 - 12:22 PM.

MY17 Panther Black RS 7 Performance | Black Pack | Carbon Interior | 21" DS black wheels fitted with MPS4's tyres  | Dynamic Pack Audi Connect Advanced Key + boot opening |  Audi phone box with wireless charging  | Audi smartphone interface |  Dynamic Mirror Indicators Parking pack | Feature programming changes EM Tuning interior LED light update | Thinkware F800 pro + Rear Dash Cam |

Wife: MY12 Daytona Grey RS3 | Bucket seats with grey stitching | Heated seats | Black Styling Pack & Inlays | Black Roof Bars | Privacy glass | RNS-E | Bose sound system | Reversing Sensors | Audi LED number plate lights | EM Tuning LED interior light pack | Cruise Control | Folding, dimming & heated mirrors | Auto Lights & Wipers | Adaptive headlights | Gloss Black Alloys fitted with MPS4's tyres | Thinkware F750 + Rear Dash Cam |

poolmeds

poolmeds

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

mine is in for rear diff and i have a golf GTI - i was meant to get a golf R but it was broke!

the guy who dropped off the GTI said they has an R8 available to people but it was already out

Panther Black / Dynamic pack / Technology pack / Comfort & sound pack / Design pack / panoramic roof / Super sport seats with RED stitching / Black wheels / Folding heated mirrors / black exterior pack / reverse camera / Privacy glass / Cruise control

PREVIOUS: MK7 Golf GTD DSG / MK6 Golf R DSG / Megane F1 Renaultsport / Mk6 Golf R DSG / Volvo C30 T5 R-Design / Audi A3 tdi S-line / Megane 225 Renaultsport / Clio 182 Renaultsport

k7aus

k7aus

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Now that's courtesy car...... What dealer is that?? My Audi dealers are either Jardine Motor Group (Lancaster) or Swansway both dont fill me with confidence.

2002 T4 1200 SWB ACV
2003 Audi S3 1.8t BAM
2004 Audi A2 TDI90 ATL
2005 Golf S TDI BKC
2007 Golf GT TDI BKD
2016 Audi RS3 8V

kalexan

kalexan

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

I've had a fair mix, an A5 Spotback, A5 Convertible, Q5, A1 TSi etc. always depends on what is free at the time and when the time of day you pick up. I usually drop my car off the evening before when it needs to be worked on, so usually more cars are free at the end of the day. If they give you a manual you could always say you want an auto and get them to swap it for a demo car if no auto cars are free? 

A1 was the best of the bunch, for a zippy little car it was a pleasant surprise, though I'm amazed they just don't have a fleet of base model A1/A3's, for service loaners, if its warranty stuff I'd expect parity or better to the car they are fixing,

Pauline

Pauline

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationWakefield

I was booking my A1 in for a service in 2015 (Wakefield Audi) and requested an RS3 for the day, but they said they didn't have one but will see what they could do. The day came to take the A1 in and one of the service personnel asked me "you wanted an RS3 for the day, i think we have one, i'll have a look" they came back with the keys for one.

After taking it for a spin, i was so impressed my mind was made up to replace the Aston Martin DB9 with an RS3. I have never been an A3 fan until they brought the Saloon out, and then eventually they announced the RS3 Saloon, had a bit of a wait (kept the DB9 for another 2 years) the rest is history.

poolmeds

poolmeds

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

because i went through Audi assist/breakdown it was done by Audi head office rather than a dealer. i said i expect something special as im paying for a premium RS3 - thats when they said they will contact their premium supplier - capitol cars.

apparently they only provide courtesy cars to over 35 year olds tho!

Panther Black / Dynamic pack / Technology pack / Comfort & sound pack / Design pack / panoramic roof / Super sport seats with RED stitching / Black wheels / Folding heated mirrors / black exterior pack / reverse camera / Privacy glass / Cruise control

PREVIOUS: MK7 Golf GTD DSG / MK6 Golf R DSG / Megane F1 Renaultsport / Mk6 Golf R DSG / Volvo C30 T5 R-Design / Audi A3 tdi S-line / Megane 225 Renaultsport / Clio 182 Renaultsport

MartayMcFly

MartayMcFly

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Mine went in for the rear top mounts knocking and I got a 1.0 Q2.

Roy

Roy

Resident Nardo Hater

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,507 posts
  • LocationYellow is the new Black

I really dont care what car I get as long as it gets me from a to b 

and my car gets  fixed properly !

AHRS

AHRS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

I think Audi miss a trick here as when I used to put my RR Sport in for any work Land Rover always gave you courtesy car which was at at least a model above yours hence a marketing sales ploy which worked with me twice

MacD

MacD

Site Owner

• Owner
  • 4,777 posts
  • LocationDark side of the moon
Garage View Garage

I think Audi miss a trick here as when I used to put my RR Sport in for any work Land Rover always gave you courtesy car which was at at least a model above yours hence a marketing sales ploy which worked with me twice

Lucky if you get an Evoque tbh at Land Rover these days although we did end up with a Velar for a week.

Best we’ve managed with Audi was an RS4 when the RS3 went in for the day and that ended up with a sale!

The rest of the time they have given us either diesel or small engines A5/A6’s as they just try give you the same number.

They are massively missing a trick!

The official RS3 Owners Club forum - www.audirs3oc.com 

RadiantDarkness

RadiantDarkness

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • LocationSouth, UK

It's a lottery! I have had brand new A5's, A1's, A6 Estate's, all sorts. They will be the employees cars, so depending on when you get there and who is in first on the employee front.

Chris.

Current: Audi RS3 Sportback, Sepang Blue Pearl, Black Seats (Rock Grey Stitching), Dash, Carpet, and Headliner. Comfort & Sound Package. Folding Door Mirrors. Dynamic Package. Lumber Support. Hold Assist. Non-smoking Package. Reversing Camera. Technology Package + Mobile Phone High + Audi Connect. Interior Protection Package. Paint Protection Package.

Previous: Audi A5 S-line Cabriolet, 2.0TFSi, Quartz Grey

Oli

Oli

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts
In the past year Ive had an S5 cabriolet, R8 V10Plus (I requested this), A4 diesel and A6 Avant!

www.bmvs-camperhire.co.uk - VW California hire

www.bmvs.co.uk

Camgo

Camgo

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Usually end up with A4 / A6 Avant.

When I had some knocking noises I called the Audi Assistance and they picked up the car and dropped off a Golf R for a week. -- No Audi available but the are within the VAG group so in theory you could get anything on the Assistance hotline

k7aus

k7aus

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Audi A3 1.6 sport tdi...... Very disappointing. It didnt even give good MPG, my Monte carlo does better miles per gallon

2002 T4 1200 SWB ACV
2003 Audi S3 1.8t BAM
2004 Audi A2 TDI90 ATL
2005 Golf S TDI BKC
2007 Golf GT TDI BKD
2016 Audi RS3 8V

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.