• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Dooahhdoo

Dooahhdoo

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

So, coming from a MK7 Golf R I did wonder why Audi included the Apple function to pair your device so it outputs on the display but I know the display isn't touch capable as my fingermarks are still there to prove it so its totally useless. Hohum I say, as they share parts with VW its probably an oversight and I never use it anyway so no biggie.

So today I decided to enter my route for RS3 fest into the SatNav. I've only ever used it once before (not much need of it here) and started off with my first destination I got some silly graphic about pinching the screen to zoom in and out with a 'do not show this message again' option. Stupid Audi, first the Apple Play and now the maps.The display isnt touchscreen so you zoom with the controller. Really really stupid Audi.

So I entered my first destination, it went off to do its postcode search and I noticed a wiggly line as it was searching. Methinks this line is the route to destination. Add destination to favourites.

Add second destination postcode and while its searching its doing the same but I notice something, it moves in the same direction as my finger on top of the MMI controller. So, very quickly I work out yes the display isn't touchscreen but theres a touchpad on the MMI controller to do the usual stuff on touchscreens.

So lessons for today :-

Audi are smarter than me

I need to read the f****** manual (RTFM)

Its a good job I don't work in IT (erm I do unfortunately). Three hours to kill on the boat so I might do a bit of reading up :P

MacD

MacD

Site Owner

• Owner
  • 4,777 posts
  • LocationDark side of the moon
Garage View Garage

I can draw on the touch pad to write the post code instead of using the wheel to rotate the desired letter.... Sadly being such a man child i just draw rude symbols. 

The official RS3 Owners Club forum - www.audirs3oc.com 

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts
  • LocationIn a barge near Roy's old barge
Not everyone has a touchpad you can scribble on though. Some "poor people" still have to twiddle the knob!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Nardo RS4

Quattro

Quattro

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
Is the touchpad not standard on RS3?

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Is the touchpad not standard on RS3?

Only on Tech pack.

Standard mmi no.

Quattro

Quattro

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Only on Tech pack.

Standard mmi no.

Gotcha, I just assumed cause mine had it they all did.
Suppose when you don’t spec a car yourself you don’t know these things

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Gotcha, I just assumed cause mine had it they all did.
Suppose when you don’t spec a car yourself you don’t know these things

Tech pack has silver buttons around jog wheel
Non tech pack has plastic buttons.

Jog wheel also lights up on tech pack when you go to entry mode.

Quattro

Quattro

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
Quite like my touch pad, makes life so much easier.

Ozmosis

Ozmosis

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
The touchpad is even better in LHD cars as you can "write" normally, and not like a two year old :D

Unless you're left-handed hahaha

:blue: ​    Sepang Blue 8V RS3. Loud Exhaust. Loud Music. Louder Interior. Quiet Exterior.

Quattro

Quattro

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts

The touchpad is even better in LHD cars as you can "write" normally, and not like a two year old :D

Unless you're left-handed hahaha

I’m happy with mine since I’m left handed

Sn00ten

Sn00ten

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationThe Shire of Warwick

This is another thing I found out mine had yesterday, even though on the Audi spec I was given when I bought the car second hand last week, it said nothing about Tech Pack  :huh: 

It was the same with magnetic ride, didn't say it had it on the spec, but I 100% have an option to change the suspension settings in individual mode.

What else does the Tech Pack include?

Ara Blue Saloon - Sport Pack - Comfort & Sound Pack - Driver Assistance Packs - Carbon Ceramic Brakes - Matrix LED Headlights - Super Sports Seats - De-Restricted -

De-Badged - Gloss Black Styling - Carbon Cabin Inlays - Extended Leather - Electric Mirrors - Diamond Cut Black Alloys - Privacy Glass

Kkp0897

Kkp0897

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

What else does the Tech Pack include?

Larger pop up LCD screen

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.