2 replies to this topic

seventeenapg

seventeenapg

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationBelfast N Irl

Hello everyone,

forgive me for asking questions on above . I have read many threads but am still a bit confused....

) does our saloons have a second set of cat convertors along the exhaust run down the length of the car?

) if so and we take out the second one will the car still pass MOT?

) are there any sensors connected to the second one that could throw a fault in the ECU?

) is the benefit of removing such just a deeper noise from the exhaust at all times?

) is there a possibility of more crackles on the overrun with them removed?

Appreciate the advice.....

2018 > Catalunya Red saloon < Black pack ~ pano sunroof ~ privacy glass ~ LD Prestige gloss black wheel rims ~ red brake calipers ~ matrix LED ~ Gtechnic Ultra ~ Suntec PPF to complete front incl mirror caps ~ folding mirrors ~ keyless entry ~ sports exhaust ~ black badged ~ supersports seats ~ Blackvue DR 900s 2CH dash cam with OBD-II power source ~ RS design pack ~ comfort pack<

K6shf

K6shf

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Hello everyone,
forgive me for asking questions on above . I have read many threads but am still a bit confused....
) does our saloons have a second set of cat convertors along the exhaust run down the length of the car?
) if so and we take out the second one will the car still pass MOT?
) are there any sensors connected to the second one that could throw a fault in the ECU?
) is the benefit of removing such just a deeper noise from the exhaust at all times?
) is there a possibility of more crackles on the overrun with them removed?

Appreciate the advice.....

Hi mate i have been approached by a garage today who have a milltek downpipe available cheap so i asked him what exactly does my RS3 saloon exhuast have and his reply to me was there is one cat and this cat would bypass it and you would need a map to run it right and there is no more cats other than two silencers where the exhuast splits in 2

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

seventeenapg

seventeenapg

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationBelfast N Irl

Hi mate i have been approached by a garage today who have a milltek downpipe available cheap so i asked him what exactly does my RS3 saloon exhuast have and his reply to me was there is one cat and this cat would bypass it and you would need a map to run it right and there is no more cats other than two silencers where the exhuast splits in 2

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Many thanks for the info. So, our saloons has only one cat convertor. I read of people on the FB forums of removing the additional convertors to give them a deeper sound so it looks like they are removing the one and only convertor on the system. I want to get the same exhaust sounds that the PFL has and, short of remaps, I had hoped that doing something with the exhaust would have given me the desired result. I guess I am back looking at some sort of remap to do this.

2018 > Catalunya Red saloon < Black pack ~ pano sunroof ~ privacy glass ~ LD Prestige gloss black wheel rims ~ red brake calipers ~ matrix LED ~ Gtechnic Ultra ~ Suntec PPF to complete front incl mirror caps ~ folding mirrors ~ keyless entry ~ sports exhaust ~ black badged ~ supersports seats ~ Blackvue DR 900s 2CH dash cam with OBD-II power source ~ RS design pack ~ comfort pack<

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.