- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

alexkitto

alexkitto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Hello guys and girls, i am looking to buy a RS3 8P and i want to know all the possible faults, common problems, what options the car has, what to look after, and what should be an good price.

I am currently having a MK5 GTI Stage 3 @ 360hp, i know it's a 2.0t FSI vs the 2.5t FSI 5cyl on the RS3 and i have a couple of questions.

• Does the engine consume oil? what is the most reccomanded oil ( using MOTUL 300V in my GTI )
  • Does the oil sump get dirty and lead to a low oil pressure?
  • Does the oil pump got the balance shafts that can lead to a failure of the pump?
  • Does the Haldex system have a sump that gets really dirty after x miles/km
  • DQ500 services and Haldex services? how often should they be made
  • Does the HPFP still have a cam follower that needs to be changed after x miles/km
  • What are the best options to look for
  • The correct engine code is CEPA right?

Other than this i would like to know any other problem's or common problems and a good price to buy one

(left side steering wheel)

Thank you all guys, i did search all the forum about all my questions before posting this, but a lot of them are outdated and i need updated informations, Thanks :D

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

Hello guys and girls, i am looking to buy a RS3 8P and i want to know all the possible faults, common problems, what options the car has, what to look after, and what should be an good price.

I am currently having a MK5 GTI Stage 3 @ 360hp, i know it's a 2.0t FSI vs the 2.5t FSI 5cyl on the RS3 and i have a couple of questions.

• Does the engine consume oil? what is the most reccomanded oil ( using MOTUL 300V in my GTI )
  • Does the oil sump get dirty and lead to a low oil pressure?
  • Does the oil pump got the balance shafts that can lead to a failure of the pump?
  • Does the Haldex system have a sump that gets really dirty after x miles/km
  • DQ500 services and Haldex services? how often should they be made
  • Does the HPFP still have a cam follower that needs to be changed after x miles/km
  • What are the best options to look for
  • The correct engine code is CEPA right?

Other than this i would like to know any other problem's or common problems and a good price to buy one
(left side steering wheel)

Thank you all guys, i did search all the forum about all my questions before posting this, but a lot of them are outdated and i need updated informations, Thanks :D

alex.

No & use any oil which is 5/30 & vag 504/507
Only if its not changed.
No.
38k miles for both.
No it has a roller bearing follower.
Bucket seats.
Yes.

Dell.

RobRS

RobRS

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • LocationSurrey

alex.

No & use any oil which is 5/30 & vag 504/507
Only if its not changed.
No.
38k miles for both.
No it has a roller bearing follower.
Bucket seats.
Yes.

Dell.

Alex, Whilst I concur with Dell's comments above, I would also add the following two options to look our for -

Light & Rain sensor pack - PU7/6XJ

Door mirrors – electrically adjustable, folding and heated  -  6XE

MY17 Panther Black RS 7 Performance | Black Pack | Carbon Interior | 21" DS black wheels fitted with MPS4's tyres  | Dynamic Pack Audi Connect Advanced Key + boot opening |  Audi phone box with wireless charging  | Audi smartphone interface |  Dynamic Mirror Indicators Parking pack | Feature programming changes EM Tuning interior LED light update | Thinkware F800 pro + Rear Dash Cam |

Wife: MY12 Daytona Grey RS3 | Bucket seats with grey stitching | Heated seats | Black Styling Pack & Inlays | Black Roof Bars | Privacy glass | RNS-E | Bose sound system | Reversing Sensors | Audi LED number plate lights | EM Tuning LED interior light pack | Cruise Control | Folding, dimming & heated mirrors | Auto Lights & Wipers | Adaptive headlights | Gloss Black Alloys fitted with MPS4's tyres | Thinkware F750 + Rear Dash Cam |

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Alex, Whilst I concur with Dell's comments above, I would also add the following two options to look our for -
Light & Rain sensor pack - PU7/6XJ

Door mirrors – electrically adjustable, folding and heated  -  6XE

Rob.

Op's i forgot them as i only have the 6XE option & not the PU7/6XJ one.😫

Btw i do have the adaptive headlamps instead.🀣

Dell.

RobRS

RobRS

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • LocationSurrey

Rob.

Op's i forgot them as i only have the 6XE option & not the PU7/6XJ one.

Btw i do have the adaptive headlamps instead.

Dell.

Dell,

Adaptive headlights is another nice option to have, I had these on my 8p as well as the Mrs 8p  B)

MY17 Panther Black RS 7 Performance | Black Pack | Carbon Interior | 21" DS black wheels fitted with MPS4's tyres  | Dynamic Pack Audi Connect Advanced Key + boot opening |  Audi phone box with wireless charging  | Audi smartphone interface |  Dynamic Mirror Indicators Parking pack | Feature programming changes EM Tuning interior LED light update | Thinkware F800 pro + Rear Dash Cam |

Wife: MY12 Daytona Grey RS3 | Bucket seats with grey stitching | Heated seats | Black Styling Pack & Inlays | Black Roof Bars | Privacy glass | RNS-E | Bose sound system | Reversing Sensors | Audi LED number plate lights | EM Tuning LED interior light pack | Cruise Control | Folding, dimming & heated mirrors | Auto Lights & Wipers | Adaptive headlights | Gloss Black Alloys fitted with MPS4's tyres | Thinkware F750 + Rear Dash Cam |

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Dell,

Adaptive headlights is another nice option to have, I had these on my 8p as well as the Mrs 8p  B)

Rob.

As i got my RS 2nd hand i didn't have a choice in what extras but i did want buckets & electric folding mirrors full stop ! Anything extra was a bonus mate baring it was Phantom blacki hate black cars 😫wanted White or Daytona grey with the optic black pack 😁

Dell.

RobRS

RobRS

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • LocationSurrey

Dell,

My previous 8p & the Mrs current 8p both have had previous owners. Originally when i was first looking for an 8p I too wanted a Daytona grey with black optics pack but couldn't find one & ended up with a Missano red with with silver optics & Black / Red wheels - did look good.
When we were looking for another car for the Mrs, I guess we were lucky to find a Daytona grey with Bucket seats, grey with black optics pack & all the other goodies - with one previous owner from new & only 19K in 4.5 years, it was to good to let this one pass us by - we just had to have it  B)

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Dell,

My previous 8p & the Mrs current 8p both have had previous owners. Originally when i was first looking for an 8p I too wanted a Daytona grey with black optics pack but couldn't find one & ended up with a Missano red with with silver optics & Black / Red wheels - did look good.
When we were looking for another car for the Mrs, I guess we were lucky to find a Daytona grey with Bucket seats, grey with black optics pack & all the other goodies - with one previous owner from new & only 19K in 4.5 years, it was to good to let this one pass us by - we just had to have it  B)

Rob.

You missus RS would have been the one i would really have liked to have bought you was very lucky mate  :up_it:

Dell.

alexkitto

alexkitto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Thanks guys, i'm also looking for a 2nd hand car.. cant afford a new RS3 :(, Also what about the understeer thing, can it be fixed?

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Thanks guys, i'm also looking for a 2nd hand car.. cant afford a new RS3 :(, Also what about the understeer thing, can it be fixed?

alex.

A 034 rear anti roll bar sorts that right out & easy to fit mate.😊

Dell

Edited by RS3Dell, 27 September 2018 - 08:06 AM.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
Β© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.