2 replies to this topic

MarkMac-RS3

MarkMac-RS3

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
Morning lads,

I had my timing chain and tensioner replaced about 6 months ago. Sounds to me as if the same noise has returned. Could this be due to the variable cams or bottom chain? Sounds to me like it did before the top chain and tensioner was replaced to be honest.

https://youtu.be/2oNE09VV5zg

0120raptor

0120raptor

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts
  • LocationUsually in the dyno cell
That sounds dreadful. Usually the chain makes it`s noise at around 2200 rpm but yours is at idle.Any warranty?

Catalunya Red ,Heated rear window,Power steering,Wireless (with FM),Seat belts,Servo assisted brakes.Pneumatic tyres. Disc brakes.

MarkMac-RS3

MarkMac-RS3

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

That sounds dreadful. Usually the chain makes it`s noise at around 2200 rpm but yours is at idle.Any warranty?

Certainly does sounds dreadful! I will be taking it back to where it was done. I messaged them today and they reckon it could be bottom chain. I’m no expert but sounds to me like it’s the top end to me honest.

If I end up having to pay to get work done I’m going to VT the finance. The garage that sold me the car are a shower of c@&ts! The finance company are not much better, tried to exercise my consumer rights using the distance selling regulations when I started having issues a month after I bought the car but they fobbed me off. Enough is enough now though.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.