80 replies to this topic

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

Those gearbox mounts don’t seem to last very long as I said previously. More like a serviceable item. Glad you found a temp/permanent fix for it though.

Jay.

If we fitted the powerflex insert before the mount got too worn i'm sure it would extend the service life of it. :D

Dell.

Arkious

Arkious

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts
  • LocationSouth Shields, North East

Jay.

If we fitted the powerflex insert before the mount got too worn i'm sure it would extend the service life of it. :D

Dell.

Juding by how worn mine was, I don’t think it’s gonna matter how worn it is to begin with. Been out again today and there’s even less vibration, guess it’s had time to heat cycle and bed in.

Still amazed it’s taken since you helped me out with those brake pads all that time ago Dell. Feel like I’ve fallen in love with the car all over again, that’s how bad the knocking was!

Edited by Arkious, 12 October 2018 - 03:47 PM.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Juding by how worn mine was, I don’t think it’s gonna matter how worn it is to begin with. Been out again today and there’s even less vibration, guess it’s had time to head cycle and bed in.

Still amazed it’s taken since you helped me out with those brake pads all that time ago Dell. Feel like I’ve fallen in love with the car all over again, that’s how bad the knocking was!

Glad things are coming to a happy ending mate. :D

Dell.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Hi chaps.

I've fitted the Powerflex gearbox insert this weekend just gone mount looked ok & in good condition once removed. :D

Now on idle i have a very deep 5 cylinder bass vibration through the car floor pan/drivers seat. :89:

No vibration once moving & no slop on pull away unlike before fitting insert. :D

Good find by you all. :up_it:

Dell.

Arkious

Arkious

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts
Good to know it’s working for you too Dell! Spoke with Ollie and he has fitted his with the same results. The lack of slop when shifting was an added bonus.

However I must ask, have you noticed the vibration die down after a few heat cycles? It’s still more than OEM but way less than when first installed.

Car is an absolute dream now 😍

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Good to know it’s working for you too Dell! Spoke with Ollie and he has fitted his with the same results. The lack of slop when shifting was an added bonus.

However I must ask, have you noticed the vibration die down after a few heat cycles? It’s still more than OEM but way less than when first installed.

Car is an absolute dream now

I did have a tingling vibration through the foot rest for the 1st 5/10 miles,but now only have the deep bass vibration through the floor pad & seat on idle. :D

Dell.

OllieC

OllieC

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Car is an absolute dream now

Beat me to it!

By way off update for anyone considering the inserts in the future. I installed mine this weekend.

Great so far, creaking / knocking has gone, along with the excess slop.

As far as the increased vibration at idle, this was prominent on the first start up after install but as Arkious says, this has reduced since (either that or I have got used to it). In any case I actually like it, reminds you of what a brilliant engine you have ticking over under the bonnet.

Ollie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent
See I wanted one of these but I think that vibration would get on my nerves. I’ll have to sit in Dell’s again once he’s put some mileage on it to see if it’s settled.

So will be following this thread but happy to hear your cars are all running fine.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

See I wanted one of these but I think that vibration would get on my nerves. I’ll have to sit in Dell’s again once he’s put some mileage on it to see if it’s settled.

So will be following this thread but happy to hear your cars are all running fine.

The vibration is probably less if the mount is already badly worn  ;)

On a good mount the vibration would more likely to be more intrusive. :(

Dell.

Arkious

Arkious

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

The vibration is probably less if the mount is already badly worn ;)

On a good mount the vibration would more likely to be more intrusive. :(

Dell.

Never really thought about the worn rubber making a difference to the end result but that makes sense.

I mean I can feel the 5-pot more through the Seat and steeringwheel but not an uncomfortable amount by any means.

Jay - I think you will like it, knowing how beefed up the motor is anyways, it gives it that bit more of a rawness feel.

Ollie/dell - are either of you using a dogbone mount insert? I used to have a 034 one installed but Audi kindly ‘lost’ it, and wasn’t sure whether or not to get a replacement. I’m currently at the point where I think, don’t fix what isn’t broken haha

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Never really thought about the worn rubber making a difference to the end result but that makes sense.
I mean I can feel the 5-pot more through the Seat and steeringwheel but not an uncomfortable amount by any means.
Jay - I think you will like it, knowing how beefed up the motor is anyways, it gives it that bit more of a rawness feel.
Ollie/dell - are either of you using a dogbone mount insert? I used to have a 034 one installed but Audi kindly ‘lost’ it, and wasn’t sure whether or not to get a replacement. I’m currently at the point where I think, don’t fix what isn’t broken haha

I am using a 034 dog bone insert,why don't you replace the one Audi so kindly lost with a powerflex one mate ? 😁

Dell.

OllieC

OllieC

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

OEM on mine.

Ollie

Arkious

Arkious

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts
I noticed more NVH when I installed the 034 insert, I wonder if that’s part of the reason your feeling more vibes than us too. I was very tempted on purchasing another 034 with it being the stiffer of the two options (and having had one previously).

If your feeling up to it... you could try removing it to see what difference it makes? If you find the vibrations die down al purchase a Powerflex one and see what that feels like. It would be nice to find a best case setup 😋

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

I noticed more NVH when I installed the 034 insert, I wonder if that’s part of the reason your feeling more vibes than us too. I was very tempted on purchasing another 034 with it being the stiffer of the two options (and having had one previously).
If your feeling up to it... you could try removing it to see what difference it makes? If you find the vibrations die down al purchase a Powerflex one and see what that feels like. It would be nice to find a best case setup 😋

You may have a valid point there 🤔 i may look into that this weekend mate.

Dell.

OllieC

OllieC

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
Powerflex dogbane insert fitted.

Bit of a bi**h to get the insert in, but worth it. Haven’t been out for a proper drive yet, but done some city driving and gear changes feel great. Minimum vibrations.

Ollie

Arkious

Arkious

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts
Cheers for the heads up olly, is fitment like others where it just pushes into the void from the bottom of the car? I love the way the car feels since doing the gearbox mount so very keen to know more about the dogbane mount!

OllieC

OllieC

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Cheers for the heads up olly, is fitment like others where it just pushes into the void from the bottom of the car? I love the way the car feels since doing the gearbox mount so very keen to know more about the dogbane mount!

Yeah just as with other inserts, remove bolt and pushes into void from below. But it’s a bloody tight fit. I used the whole packed of ptfe grease and the remainder of the one from the upper mount (you know the little packets they give). You may want to get some additional ptfe grease. I just covered the insert, but Dell pointed out it maybe a idea to try and get some on the existing bush.
I found that it wasn’t possible to push it in by hand and carefully used a jack to assist. Then used the old bolt and the massive washer to wind it in the last bit. I left it like this under tension for a while when I popped out. When I came back I replaced the old bolt with the new then torqued up.

All seems good and feels great. Planning early Sunday morning drive around cheddar gorge this weekend so will let you know after.

Ollie

scooterperu

scooterperu

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

gearbox mount (8P0199555A), drop links?

​Gearbox mount from Seat Leon works! 1K019955Q = les expensive

can you confirm this fits 100%?

RS3 2012, Daytona Grey - APR Stage 2

8V steering wheel/TT dead pedal/RNS-e/Ashtray delete/Front PDC retrofit/Recaro Sportster CS buckets/Carbon details/
Custom intake/Catless downpipe and midpipes/CTS intercooler/Snow performance WMI/Forge diverter/
O.Z. formula 19x8.5 ET50/Powerflex antilift/
H&R springs/H&R sway bars/

looch

looch

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Does anyone have a link to source the replacement bolts ?

RS3 8P - Daytona Grey - Stage 2+ - 430hp - DSG Map - Turbo Back Milltek Exhaust - Wagner v3 Intercooler - 034 Motorsport Intake - 034 Motorsport ARB - 034 Motorsport Dogbone insert - 034 Motorsport Top Mounts - Bilstein B14 Coilovers 

0120raptor

0120raptor

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts
  • LocationUsually in the dyno cell

Does anyone have a link to source the replacement bolts ?

Audi only.

Catalunya Red ,Heated rear window,Power steering,Wireless (with FM),Seat belts,Servo assisted brakes.Pneumatic tyres. Disc brakes.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.