Vagbremtechnic

86 replies to this topic

Oli

Oli

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts
So with my ongoing brake upgrade, I’m presently at Revo/Alcon 380 Front discs, Ferodo DS Performance pads (Thanks to the contact mentioned on here) and I’m now contemplated rear brake options. Reyland have been really helpful (again thanks for the details chaps), But I’m thinking I might as well go for the 356mm brake disc upgrade.

Has anyone used the Vagbremtechnic bracket ; https://www.vagbremt...-golf-r-di0019/

The quality looks good in the pics, and limited reviews seem to be good. Obviously there are other more expensive options out there, but I think this coupled with Custom Reyland bolted discs would be perfect, visually, and I should want for nothing brake wise, on the road. Ive searched here and the other forum but cant seem to find anything.

Thanks in advance

www.bmvs-camperhire.co.uk - VW California hire

www.bmvs.co.uk

0120raptor

0120raptor

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts
  • LocationUsually in the dyno cell
Oli
Would that set up not be over braked on the rear? You have 10mm extra front dia.but 46mm extra rear.

Catalunya Red ,Heated rear window,Power steering,Wireless (with FM),Seat belts,Servo assisted brakes.Pneumatic tyres. Disc brakes.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts
I’m pretty sure someone on here had a rubbish experience with VBT.

I think it was @coxeterj if memory serves.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

Sean.

There's nothing wrong with your memory mate & yes your correct as a bracket cracked.😫

Dell.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

OliWould that set up not be over braked on the rear? You have 10mm extra front dia.but 46mm extra rear.

There's no need for bigger brakes on the rear as they don't work that hard from what I've experience on a track day.

The fronts take all the punishment inc the weight transfer under braking mate.

Dell.

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts
  • LocationIn a barge near Roy's old barge
Look good though Dell ;)

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Nardo RS4

Oli

Oli

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

That’s not good, I shall Be quizzing vagbremtechnic in full about this.

I drive my car very hard on road at times, and apart from the obvious brake fade, and judder you get from multiple applications, the car does tend to stand on its nose, with a loose rear end feel. I’ve heard this brake upgrade helps prevent this and adds better balance. My car will never be tracked, so that’s not a worry. An obviously it looks better ;-)

From my old golf 7R days, I still nose around on the forums, a lot of them do this upgrade, and with 360 fronts ( I think) and they say it balances it nicely.

Anyway thank for everyone’s input above, I will continue my research :-)

www.bmvs.co.uk

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

I drive my car very hard on road at times, and apart from the obvious brake fade, and judder you get from multiple applications, the car does tend to stand on its nose, with a loose rear end feel. I’ve heard this brake upgrade helps prevent this and adds better balance. My car will never be tracked, so that’s not a worry. An obviously it looks better ;-)

From my old golf 7R days, I still nose around on the forums, a lot of them do this upgrade, and with 360 fronts ( I think) and they say it balances it nicely.

Why not ask Reyland to make you a set ?

I’d sooner give my money to someone who actually knows what they are doing......

If I remember rightly VBT weren’t very quick at sorting @coxeterj issues out and to be honest I don’t believe it was fully resolved in the end.

Vagbremtechnic discs and Ferodo DS2500 fitted!
https://r.tapatalk.c...d!&share_type=t

Edited by T-800, 27 August 2018 - 07:50 PM.

0120raptor

0120raptor

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts
  • LocationUsually in the dyno cell
If you look at the 3rd photo in Seans link of those discs it is obvious the disc isn`t concentric to the bell. There are wear marks
that are different top and bottom.

Edited by 0120raptor, 27 August 2018 - 08:04 PM.

Catalunya Red ,Heated rear window,Power steering,Wireless (with FM),Seat belts,Servo assisted brakes.Pneumatic tyres. Disc brakes.

Oli

Oli

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts
Thanks for that. That’s enough reason not to use their brackets! This is the front brakes though that has issues isn’t it, but either way not good.

Ilve already emailed Martin at Reyland, will ask him about the rear carrier brackets too.

www.bmvs.co.uk

Hal

Hal

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

I would have grave concerns if a passive bracket cracked/broke - have any reasons been given?

There are a few others making these brackets.

I have one that I bought through Tom Wrigley (not sure who made it though) and it is fine. 

As RS3Dell points out, there is no real need for larger rear brakes. I only fitted mine purely for aesthetic reasons and have to admit no braking difference, just a lighter bank balance :D

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Oli.

More compression damping on the front shocks will help with the loose rear end feeling mate.😁

Mine does the same with full on braking.😂

Dell.

Edited by RS3Dell, 27 August 2018 - 10:56 PM.

Oli

Oli

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts
Thanks both. I’m agreed on the aesthetics side of things, as mentioned before. I’ve dropped Tom wrigley and email to see if he will sel the bracket by itself and also Reyland.

Dell I’m already running MSS Springs over standard.

Lighter bank balance - part of the ownership joys....

Hal, what full setup do you have? any pics?

www.bmvs.co.uk

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Thanks both. I’m agreed on the aesthetics side of things, as mentioned before. I’ve dropped Tom wrigley and email to see if he will sel the bracket by itself and also Reyland.

Dell I’m already running MSS Springs over standard.

Lighter bank balance - part of the ownership joys....

Oli.

Hope your sitting down when you open the email/speak to Tom Wrigley as the 355mm rear kit will set you back £1100 !

Also wether Tom will sell the brackets on there own ? The 355mm disc do have a different off set so Reyland will need those measurements to make the discs to match.

Dell.

Edited by RS3Dell, 28 August 2018 - 05:53 AM.

Hal

Hal

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

IMG_2069.jpg IMG_2066.jpg

Oli - yes, attached. Other than the larger rear discs, the set up is standard. As I say, the extra braking on the rear will be negligible, but I just could never get to grips with looking at the tiny rear discs in comparison to the front. I am sure no one really gives them a second glance, but there you are!

Irfy

Irfy

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationLiverpool
03b0894c807ae56cf00bf38857f03704.jpg

I’m running the Vagbremtechnic front and rear kit with Ferraro DS2500 pads. All from Awesome GTI.

Not sure of the size of the discs but they are the largest that will fit.

The larger rear discs gives stability when stopping at high speed (I’m talking about triple figures). The rear doesn’t go light as much as the standard setup. It also looks much better cosmetically.

Incidentally the clearance between the rear calliper and the standard oem PFL wheels was very tight but they never rubbed. On the oem FL wheel (near side rear) the calliper has caught the inside of the wheel a few times as there’s scoring marks in there.

Edited by Irfy, 28 August 2018 - 11:03 AM.

2016 Audi RS3: Panther Black | SS seats | Design Pack | Technology Pack & Connect | Dynamic Pack | Alu Styling Pack | B&O | Sunroof | Privacy Glass | Camera

Mods: APR map | Milltek downpipe | Forge FMIC | R8 Coils | 034 Motorsport Intake | Carbon Engine Covers | H&R springs | Oil Temp | Alarm Beep

Hal

Hal

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

You have big problems if the caliper hits the wheel - it is more likely - I hope for your sake - a stone wedging itself in the caliper...

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts
Caliper hitting the wheels

All in the name of vanity

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts

attachicon.gifIMG_2069.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_2066.jpg

Oli - yes, attached. Other than the larger rear discs, the set up is standard. As I say, the extra braking on the rear will be negligible, but I just could never get to grips with looking at the tiny rear discs in comparison to the front. I am sure no one really gives them a second glance, but there you are!

My rear discs used to get a bit of attention ...

w0qs8k.jpg

TX.

Nardo RS4

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts

Caliper hitting the wheels

All in the name of vanity

OEM did that Sean.

TX.

Nardo RS4

Reply to this topic

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.