Photo

Mods planned for my Black RS3 - Thoughts!

46 replies to this topic

wills3y

wills3y

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Hi all,

New to the forum, but thought I would post some pics of my RS3 along with my shopping list.

- Milltek secondary decat (complete including delete plugs!)

- Black front grill surround and lower grill

- Black rear diffuser

- Black mirrors

- Black roofbars

- Black window surrounds

- Wheel refurb due to kurbing; unsure what colour yet.  Thoughts?

- H&R springs (or a second hand set of coilovers if I can find some)

- Stage 1 Remap - on the cards but not just yet.

Photos as below of her current condition.  Thoughts and photos on black of RS3's would be appreciated.

I like the idea of everything black, other than the Audi circles and the RS3 badges, then the wheels diamond cut refurbished, with black centres. 

IMG_5886.jpg

IMG_5869.jpg

IMG_5866.jpg

IMG_5858.jpg

Before ze decat.

IMG_5835.jpg

Ze decat.

IMG_5825.jpg

IMG_5840.jpg

IMG_5838.jpg

Clean tips

IMG_5868.jpg

Think that will do for this post!

Will

instagram_icon_32x32.png Vag’s of the gram.

Oli

Oli

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts
Nice and welcome. All black RS3’s always look evil IMHO

I’ve got a set of Hand R springs if interested. Under 500 miles. £100

www.bmvs-camperhire.co.uk - VW California hire

www.bmvs.co.uk

wills3y

wills3y

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
Thanks Oli.

Well, sounds good to me. What will the postage be to ME12 4DF?

Will

RobRS

RobRS

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • LocationSurrey

Will,

I think if you are planning on blacking all the silver /chrome bits out then you should finish it with black Audi rings & emblems front & back to finish of the looks as shown below - sorry its not an RS 3 but the result is the same.

Attached Images

• 2018-04-22%2012_17_25.jpg
  • 2018-04-22%2011_27_11.jpg

MY17 Panther Black RS 7 Performance | Black Pack | Carbon Interior | 21" DS black wheels fitted with MPS4's tyres  | Dynamic Pack Audi Connect Advanced Key + boot opening |  Audi phone box with wireless charging  | Audi smartphone interface |  Dynamic Mirror Indicators Parking pack | Feature programming changes EM Tuning interior LED light update | Thinkware F800 pro + Rear Dash Cam |

Wife: MY12 Daytona Grey RS3 | Bucket seats with grey stitching | Heated seats | Black Styling Pack & Inlays | Black Roof Bars | Privacy glass | RNS-E | Bose sound system | Reversing Sensors | Audi LED number plate lights | EM Tuning LED interior light pack | Cruise Control | Folding, dimming & heated mirrors | Auto Lights & Wipers | Adaptive headlights | Gloss Black Alloys fitted with MPS4's tyres | Thinkware F750 + Rear Dash Cam |

RobRS

RobRS

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • LocationSurrey

I had the wheels powder coated black on my Wife's (8p) RS3 but didn't have them diamond cut.

As an example below, another option to consider -

Attached Images

• 2016-07-10 16.52.42.jpg
  • 2016-07-10 16.52.27.jpg

MY17 Panther Black RS 7 Performance | Black Pack | Carbon Interior | 21" DS black wheels fitted with MPS4's tyres  | Dynamic Pack Audi Connect Advanced Key + boot opening |  Audi phone box with wireless charging  | Audi smartphone interface |  Dynamic Mirror Indicators Parking pack | Feature programming changes EM Tuning interior LED light update | Thinkware F800 pro + Rear Dash Cam |

Wife: MY12 Daytona Grey RS3 | Bucket seats with grey stitching | Heated seats | Black Styling Pack & Inlays | Black Roof Bars | Privacy glass | RNS-E | Bose sound system | Reversing Sensors | Audi LED number plate lights | EM Tuning LED interior light pack | Cruise Control | Folding, dimming & heated mirrors | Auto Lights & Wipers | Adaptive headlights | Gloss Black Alloys fitted with MPS4's tyres | Thinkware F750 + Rear Dash Cam |

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.
Will

Hows this from one of the other RS3OC members.?
IMG-20180818-WA0007.jpg
Btw it sitting on Eilbach Street Line lowering springs.
Dell.

Edited by RS3Dell, 22 August 2018 - 02:50 PM.

wills3y

wills3y

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Will

Hows this from one of the other RS3OC members.?
attachicon.gif IMG-20180818-WA0007.jpg
Btw it sitting on Eilbach Street Line lowering springs.
Dell.

This is pretty much the look I was after but I will leave the wheels until last to decide..

A7 is cool. It’s making me consider the back circles..

As for springs I have mag-ride. I like low so h&r were the preferred but I hear so many bad reviews about how harsh they are.. I’m open for a bit of a rough ride but I don’t want to ruin it.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

This is pretty much the look I was after but I will leave the wheels until last to decide..
A7 is cool. It’s making me consider the back circles..
As for springs I have mag-ride. I like low so h&r were the preferred but I hear so many bad reviews about how harsh they are.. I’m open for a bit of a rough ride but I don’t want to ruin it.

Will.

That 8v RS is on magride & from what i understand that is correct about the H&Rs on the 8p i know that for sure.

The Eilbachs are the best for ride comfort & value for money mate.😁

Dell.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts
I’ve done several MagRide recalibrations for RS3’s on H&R springs and the owners were never happy with the springs.

Since then the owners have swapped to Eibach springs and couldn’t be happier.

Only problem at the mo......getting hold of eibach springs.

wills3y

wills3y

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
This does seem to be a recurring theme..... looks like I’ll be looking for some pro’s at this rate sorry Oli

How much is the recalibration BTW?

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

This does seem to be a recurring theme..... looks like I’ll be looking for some pro’s at this rate sorry Oli

How much is the recalibration BTW?

If you have Mag Ride dampers, lowering the car puts the datum measurement out of sync, so the damper is not working in sync with the ride height, causing ride quality problems.

Usually the drive modes suffer, so Comfort is mega bouncy/dynamic not as sharp as it should be etc....

Price £65.

Edited by T-800, 22 August 2018 - 04:14 PM.

alexrs3

alexrs3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

I had HR's on mine and was perfectly happy with them, they only came off because I had to take the car in for a big warranty claim, but will be going back on again soon.  When I took them off I didn't think there was a hell of a lot of difference in ride, yes they are pretty firm but not awful.  Personally for me the Eibachs leave the front to high, I much prefer the lower front look of the HR's. 

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts
Front
4022c69f7cb6a04cd996e5133b59108c.jpg
Rear
192de2fb033c1ca8281650e05b2c488c.jpg

wills3y

wills3y

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

I had HR's on mine and was perfectly happy with them, they only came off because I had to take the car in for a big warranty claim, but will be going back on again soon. When I took them off I didn't think there was a hell of a lot of difference in ride, yes they are pretty firm but not awful. Personally for me the Eibachs leave the front to high, I much prefer the lower front look of the HR's.

Do they bottom out at all? Tbh Iv had instances when me and friends have all bought the same set of springs for the same car, yet some are worse than others. I can deal with a bit harsh but I don’t like knocks and wheel rub...

I also had a car which the front was that touch higher than the rear and it drove me mad!

T800 that still looks like a lovely stance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alexrs3

alexrs3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

No they never bottomed out on me, also had no wheels rubbing, but I didn't have spacers on.  Like you say I think they seem to suit some RS3's and not others, I have read of people being happy with them and also not.  T800's looks nice on the Eibachs but you can see the front arch gap is more than the rear and that would personally annoy me.  

ashRS3phantom

ashRS3phantom

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
I have panther black with the aluminium pack and black wheels.

Me personally, I prefer the contrast of the black against the matt chrome. Breaks things up nicely.

Everyone seems to have the ‘all black everything’ look at the mo. Defo go for the black wheels though!

BenTTU

BenTTU

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationTamworth

I have had many different cars with many different set ups, ranging from springs to kw coilovers.

I had my b5 rs4 on h&r springs & i was more then happy with them. 

I put h&r on my RS3 8p and it was dreadful! Really harsh and stupid low, I like my cars low to. 

Now I have a RS3 8v pfl, on Eibach sport lines and they are perfect, I don't feel any ride differences over stock and my car is lower.. I have just recalibrated my mag ride this evening.

Personal opnion here h&r for these cars are a no no and Eibach pro just doesn't quite do it for me, sport line all the way. 

Any body after a set of Eibach we are a dealer and can offer forum discount on fitting. 

Ben 

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent

Any body after a set of Eibach we are a dealer and can offer forum discount on fitting.

Ben

^^^
NEIL.... springssssss

Edited by JayRS3, 22 August 2018 - 08:53 PM.

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts
  • LocationIn a barge near Roy's old barge

Front
4022c69f7cb6a04cd996e5133b59108c.jpg
Rear
192de2fb033c1ca8281650e05b2c488c.jpg

Are they adjustable though Sean :)

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Nardo RS4

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent

Are they adjustable though Sean

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

how many times did you adjust your springs Tx? I know since I’ve installed the B16 and running stock ride height I haven’t even touch them. The rebound however is another story.

Edited by JayRS3, 22 August 2018 - 10:37 PM.

Reply to this topic

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.