48 replies to this topic

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

Christ why would they go to all that trouble stripping everything down and not do all the chains etc while in there. Bonkers.

Sean.

Tbh the warranty company at the time will only replace whats need.🤔

While the engine was apart i would have payed out of my own pocket for anything i thought needed replacing as they were wearing the rebuild labour costs.😁

Dell.

Edited by RS3Dell, 19 October 2018 - 10:37 PM.

Jacques_RS3

Jacques_RS3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts
True but part of the request besides the engine rebuild was to sort out the chain rattle that i logged with them before. Anyway all the time and money wasted on taking everything apart could have been saved if they just replaced everything they needed to 😀

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

True but part of the request besides the engine rebuild was to sort out the chain rattle that i logged with them before. Anyway all the time and money wasted on taking everything apart could have been saved if they just replaced everything they needed to

Jacques.

You've been let down big time by the people who rebuild the engine even if they asked you to pay towards some of the parts mate  :(

Dell.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Jacques.

You've been let down big time by the people who rebuild the engine even if they asked you to pay towards some of the parts mate :(

Dell.

Fools that didn’t even cure the main issue.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Fools that didn’t even cure the main issue.

Yep if you replace a worn cam chain you also replace all associated parts inc if fitted a aux chain/drive pulley etc.

Dell.

0120raptor

0120raptor

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts
  • LocationUsually in the dyno cell
Jaques
There you go.Use this if needed.Attached File  Chain 6 good.MP3   759.23K   20 downloads

Catalunya Red ,Heated rear window,Power steering,Wireless (with FM),Seat belts,Servo assisted brakes.Pneumatic tyres. Disc brakes.

Jacques_RS3

Jacques_RS3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts
Thanks for the sound clip, but to convince these guys are allot harder they send out assessor the whole time and he must hear the sound for himself.

So we went through the whole invoice and wow it turns out top chain, and tensioner was done nothing else ... i mean WTF why would you work on the bottom end and replace the top chain and tensioner but leave the rest??

Anyway i am still fighting with them the dealer was able to hear the sound as well as the chain rattle when cold, he agrees that it's not normal so now back to warranty they need to help now.

Jacques_RS3

Jacques_RS3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts
Ok Guys i eventually have an update ... i am glad to report back that the car is rattle free now ..
Been almost 2 weeks since they replaced all the chains, guides, and variable cam sprockets.

Car runs like a dream and has never been this quiet also performance is definitely up i still believe the sound was from the variable cams but i can't say for sure. I am just glad it's fine for now ... will report back as time goes on.

0120raptor

0120raptor

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts
  • LocationUsually in the dyno cell
Jacques
I`m very pleased you finally got it sorted. Now go out and enjoy it.

Catalunya Red ,Heated rear window,Power steering,Wireless (with FM),Seat belts,Servo assisted brakes.Pneumatic tyres. Disc brakes.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.