10 replies to this topic

Tygoar

Tygoar

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationCambridgeshire
Hey there everyone,
Currently looking at a 2016 RS3 with 62k on the clock, it has a bunch of options fitted, dynamic pack, 20" rims,driver assistance, super sport seats... there's a few more but cant remember.

It's being sold as an approved used but unsure if the high mileage is likely to affect much? It's out of warranty so would need extended if that's worth it?

Looking for opinions as can't find much else where on the internet.

Thanks,
Scott

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts
  • LocationIn a barge near Roy's old barge
If fsh mileage not a concern of mine. Fyi 20" wheels aren't an Audi option from new.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Nardo RS4

LaRocK

LaRocK

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Welcome, in the same position as yourself and keep seeing possible cars but ruling them out as they don't have the exact spec I am looking for and have been advised by the guys on here to wait as the right one will be along. That seems pretty high on the mileage front how much are they looking for it? What is your colour choice, packs you need included, budget, etc.

I can pm you options of ones I have looked at that are still available depending on the spec you are looking for. Failing that the wise sages on here will be able to set you straight on what to go for, best of luck.

Tygoar

Tygoar

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationCambridgeshire
Thanks terminator, turns out they are 19"s and I just had 20 stuck in my head. No idea why!

@larock
It's just under 29k, going to look at it on Saturday. I hadn't really thought about an RS3, had been thinking s3, until I saw this one and it was a reasonable price.
Main things are dynamic pack, tech pack, comfort and sound, parking sensors, reversing camera, advanced key and folding mirrors. A choice of which is hard to find on any type of used s3 or RS3 (obviously not including rs specific options) even new stock s3 seem to be lacking all the pieces!

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts
  • LocationIn a barge near Roy's old barge
Audi warranty from new was 3 years or 60k miles with an option to extend to 5 years or 100k miles. You can extend from 3 although afaik it has to be done before it runs out.

Sounds like a nice spec from your description. Dynamic pack means it will sound amazing!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Nardo RS4

0120raptor

0120raptor

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts
  • LocationUsually in the dyno cell
Nice spec but I wouldn`t get the advanced key unless you plan on having it stolen often.

Catalunya Red ,Heated rear window,Power steering,Wireless (with FM),Seat belts,Servo assisted brakes.Pneumatic tyres. Disc brakes.

Tygoar

Tygoar

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationCambridgeshire
Okay well it has a year with it being approved used so I'll see what they say about warranty.

I'm going Saturday to look at it only seen a couple of pictures so far as it was due to be at the dealership this week.

Yeah I've heard the sports exhaust and love the noise!

Is it really that big of a problem? My current car has keyless entry but never thought about it being stolen due to where it's parked overnight,

I did see posts about the ghost immobiliser and seems like that would solve the problem of keyless thefts.

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent
Yeah get the ghost and you’ll be fine. Could even disable the remote doors too if your too concerned.

Tygoar

Tygoar

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationCambridgeshire
Cheers for confirming Jay, not sure what suppliers are in this area but I guess I'd find out if I buy it.

Viewing and test drive tomorrow morning so will see how it is, any tips on wear etc that I should look out for, taking into account the mileage?

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Cheers for confirming Jay, not sure what suppliers are in this area but I guess I'd find out if I buy it.

Viewing and test drive tomorrow morning so will see how it is, any tips on wear etc that I should look out for, taking into account the mileage?

Check servicing, who's done what to it and when / where

Check front disks / pads for condition, if the hubs are nice and shiny and the discs are round and not wavy, chances are it's had the revised better discs, if not budget for £500 for discs and £220 for Ferodo DS pads to improve braking and stop the low speed squealing.

Check tyres, depth, are they all same make etc

Wheels can be curbed so allow £120 a corner to bring back to A1 condition (if that bothers you)

Check paint condition etc.

Look for signs of being modified etc difficult I know but you don't want to inherit someone else's plaything that's had all the money spent on mods and servicing has been scrimped on.

Best thing you can do is type the reg into google and you may find it's been an Instagram / you tube star, but for the wrong reasons if you catch my drift, plenty of people on there that think because they drive a fast car they are 'famous' and tend to think they can drive how they want, screwing the car into the ground in the process.

Ghost is superb

Door handles can be disabled also.

Good luck.

Edited by T-800, 27 July 2018 - 07:07 PM.

Tygoar

Tygoar

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationCambridgeshire
Thanks everyone for your help, I went ahead and bought it and picked it up yesterday.

Didn't get much of a chance to drive it coming back thanks to roadworks and traffic but it is such a nice car and the noise in dynamic mode is insane.39bfc58564ac6020e65af3e0f3442e85.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.