insurance quotes

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

misterstiggy

misterstiggy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi in anticipation of an imminent arrival have been getting quotes on the RS3 saloon and have seen a big increase over the golf R but typically only tried comparison sites at present.

Is there any worthy contenders anyone recommends? only had 2 quotes under £800 full comp 

i have 7 yrs no claims and mid forties . the golf was about half this dated back to oct 17 

was hoping for nearer £500 so a little surprised! have also tried putting different postcodes and if anything prices go up too!    any companies you can suggest would be greatly appreciated!

regards stiggy 

Evil Diesel

Evil Diesel

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Just keep on updating the quote. I started looking in October and was being quoted £1,100 as the cheapest - it kept dropping through November and just prior to delivery in December the best I got was £600 (Esure).

Dooahhdoo

Dooahhdoo

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

The Golf R is a really low insurance group compared to the RS3 I believe due to them having the active cruise control and the automatic braking. I went from paying £200 for my R to £430 for the RS3. Brightside Insurance its with but a really safe postcode and mid 40s with full no claims.

Hope you do find it cheaper.

RS Steve

RS Steve

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Just over £500.00 on mine,just done it. 

Comfortably Numb

Comfortably Numb

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts
Try LV, good customer service and seem to be amongst the most competitive price wise.

RS3JET

RS3JET

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • LocationSouth

Just renewed with Admiral under £500 with points and map

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

Awaiting my renewal for early next month from Adrian Flux £400 last year all mods declared.

Dell.

RobRS

RobRS

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • LocationSurrey

Try LV, good customer service and seem to be amongst the most competitive price wise.

LV are very competitive. I've insured both our RS's through LV 
Although it was cheaper to insure them individually rather than through LV multi car policy!

MY17 Panther Black RS 7 Performance | Black Pack | Carbon Interior | 21" DS black wheels fitted with MPS4's tyres  | Dynamic Pack Audi Connect Advanced Key + boot opening |  Audi phone box with wireless charging  | Audi smartphone interface |  Dynamic Mirror Indicators Parking pack | Feature programming changes EM Tuning interior LED light update | Thinkware F800 pro + Rear Dash Cam |

Wife: MY12 Daytona Grey RS3 | Bucket seats with grey stitching | Heated seats | Black Styling Pack & Inlays | Black Roof Bars | Privacy glass | RNS-E | Bose sound system | Reversing Sensors | Audi LED number plate lights | EM Tuning LED interior light pack | Cruise Control | Folding, dimming & heated mirrors | Auto Lights & Wipers | Adaptive headlights | Gloss Black Alloys fitted with MPS4's tyres | Thinkware F750 + Rear Dash Cam |

Lady C

Lady C

Club Owner

• Owner
  • 430 posts
  • LocationLancashire

Have you tried Chris Knott who is our club sponsor?

Oldmanracing

Oldmanracing

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts
As Lady C says.....

I have just renewed with Chris Knott for the second year now, my quote was 480, and online quotes could not get anywhere near it!
I was surprised as normally you have ridiculous renewal quote and then have to go through faff of getting a better deal.
Last year I paid 455.

I recommend them, great service and best quote, for me anyway.
Obviously every ones personal circumstances are different but FYI I’m an old git at 53, do 20000 domestic and business miles a year, car is kept on a driveway and I have no points and too many years NCB to talk about.....no tracker either.

Defo give them a try, I told them I got thier details from here when ever I contact them.

OMR

RadiantDarkness

RadiantDarkness

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • LocationSouth, UK

I paid a smidgen under 500 quid last year with Morethan. They are the first insurance company I have used that send out renewal quotes that are there or there abouts with the comparison websites. Unlike Admiral that used to times by 2 every year so you rang them up to get it back down again and then had to listen while they tried to sell you house and pet insurance, breakdown cover, holiday insurance and god knows what else! :angry:  

Chris.

Current: Audi RS3 Sportback, Sepang Blue Pearl, Black Seats (Rock Grey Stitching), Dash, Carpet, and Headliner. Comfort & Sound Package. Folding Door Mirrors. Dynamic Package. Lumber Support. Hold Assist. Non-smoking Package. Reversing Camera. Technology Package + Mobile Phone High + Audi Connect. Interior Protection Package. Paint Protection Package.

Previous: Audi A5 S-line Cabriolet, 2.0TFSi, Quartz Grey

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
Just renewed again with Adrian Flux £396 all mods declared,parked on drive,SDP use,mileage limited to 5k inc an upgrade of 20k damage or total loss while driving a 3rd party's car.

Dell.

Edited by RS3Dell, 09 August 2018 - 05:27 PM.

RS3JET

RS3JET

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • LocationSouth

Just renewed again with Adrian Flux £396 all mods declared,parked on drive,SDP use,mileage limited to 5k inc an upgrade of 20k damage or total loss while driving a 3rd party's car.

Dell.

That's a GREAT price with everything  declared Dell    :up_it:

Wish I gone Adrian Flux

Edited by RS3JET, 09 August 2018 - 09:18 PM.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

That's a GREAT price with everything  declared Dell    :up_it:

Wish I gone Adrian Flux

:(

Only went up £12 in real terms this year mate. :D

Dell.

Edited by RS3Dell, 09 August 2018 - 09:34 PM.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.