- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Fenz

Fenz

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Well the stage 3 build has been booked in to start next Friday. I am super excited about the next phase in tuning and working with Trent Etuners Australia -Sydney to develop a car that will be happy on the street, killer on the drags and a little E85/race fuel tune to flash in for those special days.

The mods list will be as follows

Eventuri intake

AEM wmi

Xona 6465 turbo

Custom manifold with external wastegate

Wagner Evo3 intercooler

3.5" Catless downpipe and midpipe

HPFP

Stage 3 ETuners custom tune (one for pump gas and another for e85 track work)

DSG race tune

We are going to leave a little bit on the table with the tune and wait until we do rods and pistons to extract the full potential of the mods.  

Attached Files

Edited by Fenz, 08 June 2018 - 07:30 AM.

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire

Very nice Fenz, I will be following your thread closely. :)

Fenz

Fenz

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Thanks Stu, exciting times for sure and I will keep you posted 

Fenz

Fenz

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

A quick update guys. I was hoping to have the car at a private drag day on Saturday, but, as is the case when doing something a little different a few curveballs can get in the way. 

First up the external wastegate had an issue and was not holding boost, it would hold up to 25psi, but, no more. The first tune was completed at this boost pressure and achieved 365wkw around 610hp. We are aiming to run around 30psi on the Xona Rotor with the engine as it is. This was with the dump pipe only fitted and this is where more issues occured.

The dump pipe (I am calling Smaug) was breathing fire down on the front rollers and fired the dyno circuit board and thus ended play before both boost could be raised and timing could be advanced with race fuel instead of pump gas.

A real bummer, but, all good things come to those who wait and it's looking very likely that will achieve 380wkw+ around 640-650hp.

It's a shame as I had managed to get aboard a private booking of the Eastern Creek Dragway this Saturday with some 5 second race cars. It would have given us a heap of time to play with the tune and also the shift points for the dsg.

Hopefully the dyno will be fixed later this week and the final tunes can be completed and I can get the car to the track.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.