• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

JamesBaby

JamesBaby

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Thought I would ask and see what people were thinking might be there next car after the RS3?. 

I know it's budget and personal circumstance related, but I'm thinking of reasonably accessible cars as opposed to cars which are much higher in value than say an RS3\RS4 or even a used RS6.

I ask because I do a lot of motorway miles and the mileage is increasing. I love driving the car but at 41k  I'm wondering if I should start budgeting to move in the next year or two.

The RS3 seems hard to beat in its price bracket, especially if not bothered about buying brand new.

Audi Addict

Audi Addict

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
Get a test drive in a Porsche Panamera Sport Turismo, I am probably going to get shot for this on an Audi forum. This is personal choice, very different to an RS6 and it does make you feel like you are driving something special. I would have one anytime if not for the fact we are acquiring another property. Pricey I know but I really relate to it’s uniqueness, I will even have the V6 model, an RS6 would be an option also.

And Roy no it won’t be Nardo, it will be black as I think Porsche needs contrast! So Toby (Mr Audi) can then get a pink one.

However based on high mileage and frequent travel I won’t pick either! You should probably consider a motorway car and weekend car?
Saving for an RS6😎

poolmeds

poolmeds

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

2019 RS6 would be the dream!

Panther Black / Dynamic pack / Technology pack / Comfort & sound pack / Design pack / panoramic roof / Super sport seats with RED stitching / Black wheels / Folding heated mirrors / black exterior pack / reverse camera / Privacy glass / Cruise control

PREVIOUS: MK7 Golf GTD DSG / MK6 Golf R DSG / Megane F1 Renaultsport / Mk6 Golf R DSG / Volvo C30 T5 R-Design / Audi A3 tdi S-line / Megane 225 Renaultsport / Clio 182 Renaultsport

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts
Mines gonna be staying......at least until there’s a new one available

Was gonna consider a new RS4 but after viewing and driving one I’m not convinced, not enough drama from the V6 for me, although the interior is nice.......

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent
RS3 (new one) or Mk1 R8 for me.

Edited by JayRS3, 01 June 2018 - 09:40 PM.

Jonnyrs3

Jonnyrs3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Thought I would ask and see what people were thinking might be there next car after the RS3?.

I know it's budget and personal circumstance related, but I'm thinking of reasonably accessible cars as opposed to cars which are much higher in value than say an RS3\RS4 or even a used RS6.

I ask because I do a lot of motorway miles and the mileage is increasing. I love driving the car but at 41k I'm wondering if I should start budgeting to move in the next year or two.

The RS3 seems hard to beat in its price bracket, especially if not bothered about buying brand new.

Have to be the Rs6 for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JamesCam

JamesCam

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

RS6/RS4 are the go to cars for me I'd say. I really like the RS4 but I'd be interested to know how comfortable it is compared to the RS3.

If I was looking to save on costs, I'd look at a Ford Focus ST Estate.

Or if you're the 'fear for your life when it rains' type of guy, could look at the E63/C63 Mercedes.

Edited by JamesCam, 02 June 2018 - 04:48 PM.

JamesBaby

JamesBaby

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Some good ideas there folks. Thanks.

Will be interesting so see how the RS4 prices hold up. New shape RS3 also sounds good, but it will be a while off and by then my mileage will be too high I think.

Seb_RS3

Seb_RS3

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • LocationHeysham

Hopefully one day the current RS6 prices will drop to a value where I can get one. I'd love to own one. Failing that maybe go for another RS3?  :lol:

dbm

dbm

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 982 posts
  • LocationRed Rose County
Garage View Garage
I’m considering a Macan GTS as a next car - I could do with some more ground clearance whilst keeping as much driving enjoyment as possible. The consensus seems to be the Macan is the best truly sporty SUV.

RS3 8V | RS3 8P

kalexan

kalexan

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

If RS5 Sportback prices depreciate like the Coupe, I might be tempted to look at a used one of those in a year or two.

RS5 prices seem to take quite a hit in the first year.

Would love an RS6, just too big for my needs

RobRS

RobRS

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • LocationSurrey

This was my progression from an RS 3 8v having previously had a C5 RS 6 ~10 years ago. I thought this time around I'd give the RS 7 performance a go -

Attached File  2018-04-22 12.17.25.jpg   133.42K   13 downloads

MY17 Panther Black RS 7 Performance | Black Pack | Carbon Interior | 21" DS black wheels fitted with MPS4's tyres  | Dynamic Pack Audi Connect Advanced Key + boot opening |  Audi phone box with wireless charging  | Audi smartphone interface |  Dynamic Mirror Indicators Parking pack | Feature programming changes EM Tuning interior LED light update | Thinkware F800 pro + Rear Dash Cam |

Wife: MY12 Daytona Grey RS3 | Bucket seats with grey stitching | Heated seats | Black Styling Pack & Inlays | Black Roof Bars | Privacy glass | RNS-E | Bose sound system | Reversing Sensors | Audi LED number plate lights | EM Tuning LED interior light pack | Cruise Control | Folding, dimming & heated mirrors | Auto Lights & Wipers | Adaptive headlights | Gloss Black Alloys fitted with MPS4's tyres | Thinkware F750 + Rear Dash Cam |

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire

I would consider an RS6 if they ever made a saloon model. Most likely I would like to keep the RS3 as a daily and get an AMG GT.

Audi Addict

Audi Addict

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
So had a look at this yesterday and very tempted!

Attached Files

Edited by Audi Addict, 06 June 2018 - 08:11 AM.

Saving for an RS6😎

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Go on.......you know you want to :)

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts
  • LocationIn a barge near Roy's old barge

What did you like about it?

TX.

Nardo RS4

Audi Addict

Audi Addict

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

What did you like about it?

TX.

The wife will be happy with the size. 

Saving for an RS6😎

Audi Addict

Audi Addict

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Go on.......you know you want to :)

Viewed it again today, although its not ready until September its the perfect spec and I am happy to wait. As I am not selling duchess (can't part with it) the Golf R would need to go. The RS4 is quite a car and I am very impressed with the comfort, speed, presence and its going to be a motorway car so it just fit all the requirements. 

The RS6 which I have been toying with for a while is just too big and I know the wife won't be happy. Lets see what happens. 

Saving for an RS6😎

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Viewed it again today, although its not ready until September its the perfect spec and I am happy to wait. As I am not selling duchess (can't part with it) the Golf R would need to go. The RS4 is quite a car and I am very impressed with the comfort, speed, presence and its going to be a motorway car so it just fit all the requirements.

The RS6 which I have been toying with for a while is just too big and I know the wife won't be happy. Lets see what happens.

You won’t regret it.....

Fantastic car and all you could want for the money....

RobRS

RobRS

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • LocationSurrey

A great all rounder. I was very impressed with what Audi had done with the new RS 4 when I go to drive one recently on an Audi test day at Goodwood.

The only think I found a bit annoying was the booming in the cabin from the exhaust! This only happens when lifting off  from high rev's in Dynamic mode!

MY17 Panther Black RS 7 Performance | Black Pack | Carbon Interior | 21" DS black wheels fitted with MPS4's tyres  | Dynamic Pack Audi Connect Advanced Key + boot opening |  Audi phone box with wireless charging  | Audi smartphone interface |  Dynamic Mirror Indicators Parking pack | Feature programming changes EM Tuning interior LED light update | Thinkware F800 pro + Rear Dash Cam |

Wife: MY12 Daytona Grey RS3 | Bucket seats with grey stitching | Heated seats | Black Styling Pack & Inlays | Black Roof Bars | Privacy glass | RNS-E | Bose sound system | Reversing Sensors | Audi LED number plate lights | EM Tuning LED interior light pack | Cruise Control | Folding, dimming & heated mirrors | Auto Lights & Wipers | Adaptive headlights | Gloss Black Alloys fitted with MPS4's tyres | Thinkware F750 + Rear Dash Cam |

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
Β© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.