38 replies to this topic

0120raptor

0120raptor

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts
  • LocationUsually in the dyno cell

As title says my new discs from Reyland finally arrived but they couldn`t machine the waves that I really wanted. So I had them modified today. I`ll correct the balance tomorrow and get them fitted.They are also over 1 Kg lighter than oem.DSCF1862.JPG DSCF1863.JPG DSCF1867.JPG

Attached Images

• DSCF1868.JPG
  • DSCF1869.JPG
  • DSCF1871.JPG
  • DSCF1874.JPG
  • DSCF1875.JPG

Edited by 0120raptor, 26 May 2018 - 03:56 PM.

Catalunya Red ,Heated rear window,Power steering,Wireless (with FM),Seat belts,Servo assisted brakes.Pneumatic tyres. Disc brakes.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.
Neil.

Very nice mate 👍

Dell.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts
Now Neil they look great !

Card comes out of wallet again....

Jonnyrs3

Jonnyrs3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

As title says my new discs from Reyland finally arrived but they couldn`t machine the waves that I really wanted. So I had them modified today. I`ll correct the balance tomorrow and get them fitted.They are also over 1 Kg lighter than oem.attachicon.gif DSCF1862.JPGattachicon.gif DSCF1863.JPGattachicon.gif DSCF1867.JPG

what the ****, they look awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danw

Danw

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts
Brake disc engineering at its finest by the looks at it👍

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts
Neil are you getting the rears waved ?

Fivepotfan

Fivepotfan

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • LocationSouth of somewhere

The OCD creeping in again? :lol:

now driving a 'Daytona Lite' FL car.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

The OCD creeping in again? :lol:

Oh Christ don’t set me off Brian.....

I’ll need to put the front discs and 8 pots on the rear to match up

Maybe it’s easier to weld 2 halves of the RS 3 together so it’s symmetrical

invisiblekid

invisiblekid

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Will be interested to see how these cool. They look great, but wasn't the wavy design supposed to have issues with cooling?

I need some discs soon. Going to match front and rears I think, but no idea what to go for.

RS3 8V FL - bone stock...for now.

RS3 8V - eTuners Stage 3 480hp.

0120raptor

0120raptor

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

Will be interested to see how these cool. They look great, but wasn't the wavy design supposed to have issues with cooling?

I need some discs soon. Going to match front and rears I think, but no idea what to go for.

As far as I`m aware the waves were just cosmetic. Those that overheated were just the wrong pads.

Catalunya Red ,Heated rear window,Power steering,Wireless (with FM),Seat belts,Servo assisted brakes.Pneumatic tyres. Disc brakes.

0120raptor

0120raptor

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

Haven`t decided yet. What do you think?

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

You’d have the worlds first AWDiscs

Ozmosis

Ozmosis

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
The discs look fantastic mate. Really really cool...

Oh Christ don’t set me off Brian.....I’ll need to put the front discs and 8 pots on the rear to match up Maybe it’s easier to weld 2 halves of the RS 3 together so it’s symmetrical

Double engined 4 wheel steering, never need to reverse monster? Or... Zero engined with masses of interior space...!!

Take your pick hahahha

:blue: ​    Sepang Blue 8V RS3. Loud Exhaust. Loud Music. Louder Interior. Quiet Exterior.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

As you know your onions Neil, how do you rate the quality of these discs ?

0120raptor

0120raptor

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

As you know your onions Neil, how do you rate the quality of these discs ?

I`ve done a few checks on these before they go on the car. Firstly run out. If this is out you get judder. 3 were zero the 4th only 0.001". Better than OEM.  Secondly balance. 3 are between 2.6 and 4.9 grams out. The 4th is quite a bit more than these 3 and needs correcting. The standard OEM disc I checked was 6.1 grams out. The quality of the machining is second to none. Lastly when I had one on the balancer I could feel the air being shot out of the cooling vanes so because I like playing I`m going to spin these straight vaned discs and the original right and left discs at the same speed to see what the airflow difference is. Would thoroughly recommend. 

Ozmosis

Ozmosis

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
Definitely sounds like a worthy upgrade.

:blue: ​    Sepang Blue 8V RS3. Loud Exhaust. Loud Music. Louder Interior. Quiet Exterior.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

I`ve done a few checks on these before they go on the car. Firstly run out. If this is out you get judder. 3 were zero the 4th only 0.001". Better than OEM.  Secondly balance. 3 are between 2.6 and 4.9 grams out. The 4th is quite a bit more than these 3 and needs correcting. The standard OEM disc I checked was 6.1 grams out. The quality of the machining is second to none. Lastly when I had one on the balancer I could feel the air being shot out of the cooling vanes so because I like playing I`m going to spin these straight vaned discs and the original right and left discs at the same speed to see what the airflow difference is. Would thoroughly recommend. 

Neil.

When i spoke to Martin i think he said he did the same as you by running up the discs on a lathe & found the same results.

I've also removed the inner splash guards to aid cooling even more.

Dell.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Definitely sounds like a worthy upgrade.

Oz.

My 8p has them all round & i'm well happy with them mate.

Dell.

Ozmosis

Ozmosis

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts

Oz.

My 8p has them all round & i'm well happy with them mate.

Dell.

Hey Dell

Yeah I've seen the thread about them on yours, just good to read additional positive comments and detailed tests like this.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Hey Dell
Yeah I've seen the thread about them on yours, just good to read additional positive comments and detailed tests like this.

Oz.

There's now a couple off us running them by the looks of it & hopefully there turn out to be a good cost-effective solution for the OEM one's.

Duke3D was the 1st to fit them & had a problem but I think thats co's he's using EBC reds which Martin has told me are rubbish as he recommends DS2500.

Dell.

Reply to this topic

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.