- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Jacques_RS3

Jacques_RS3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts
Hi team seems i am just having more and more strange things happening to my car, now i know the dealer stripped the whole front when they did the engine rebuild.

I have only recently had this strange wobble under hard accelleration, it really feels very strange as it does bot feel the same as when you have an unbalanced wheel or if something like a propshaft is worn etc. It doesn't shake the car it wobbles the car if that makes sense, not the steering you don't feel it there.

I will start by checking the suspension if everything is tight and then check all the rubbers today.

Any ideas what i can loom for as it cannot of what would cause this only under hard accelleration.... normal driving and normal accelleration is fine.

Edited by Jacques_RS3, 26 May 2018 - 07:26 AM.

geo_nr1

geo_nr1

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Hi team seems i am just having more and more strange things happening to my car, now i know the dealer stripped the whole front when they did the engine rebuild.

I have only recently had this strange wobble under hard accelleration, it really feels very strange as it does bot feel the same as when you have an unbalanced wheel or if something like a propshaft is worn etc. It doesn't shake the car it wobbles the car if that makes sense, not the steering you don't feel it there.

I will start by checking the suspension if everything is tight and then check all the rubbers today.

Any ideas what i can loom for as it cannot of what would cause this only under hard accelleration.... normal driving and normal accelleration is fine.

No bulges in the tyres?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jacques_RS3

Jacques_RS3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts
Brand new tyres .... check all the bolts i could check and found only one or two that was not properly tight .. but nothing made a change.

Rear suspension is all secure nothing really looks or feels out of place. The wobble is more evident at hard acceleration i can feel it ever so slightly on normal driving.

Now i do know that i have two wheel both at the rear that had pothole damage they are not 100% so i wondet if this is not what is causing the problem as i do have vibration from them.

I will have to send them for repairs to rule this out as a cause, only thing is that this wobble only started recently so i don't think it can cause it now.

Edited by Jacques_RS3, 28 May 2018 - 04:48 AM.

Jacques_RS3

Jacques_RS3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts
Ok update, so the wobble is now more pronounced than before and sometimes it would shake the car allot. I have again checked the front and what i did notice is that while idling if my son turns the wheel to either side and move the steering at small movements i see movement on the front control arm bush the one with the big bolt that goes through it, i can see this on both sides.

Not sure if this is normal as i have never checked this at any stage also these control arms were replaced about 25k ago.

Now at the rear i noticed the following and this was the only place i could see something wrong.

20180602_110419.jpg

Both sides look like this it's not totally torn it is more of a mark but i guess they are finished. Could this be my problem and would it make the car wobble like that, i have noticed that after taking a turn you would feel the wobble even if you accelerate slightly. I will have to take the car to the dealer to have them check it properly.

red14

red14

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • LocationGlasgow

Here on one of my ever rarer visits to the forum - wild stab at this one, have you ever had the haldex fail?

Reason for asking is that if not, then you might have an impending failure coming along. You'll have seen elsewhere on the forum that this can cause the car to lose 4wd i.e. traction.

I don't know precisely but it seems reasonable in the absence of anything more substantial, to suspect your increasing problem is a symptom of haldex fail.

Let us know how you get on!

Jacques_RS3

Jacques_RS3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts
Hi... nope brand new Diff 😁 i almost have a brand new RS3 they have replaced and repaired so many things on this car, new prop and rebuild engine.

Car is currently in at dealership ... my front inner CV's is finished.. they allot of movement and when car is on lift and someone put it in drive so that the wheels turn you can see them moving in a oval pattern as well as in and outwards.
I hope that this is the cause as everything else checked out to be fine.

There is a post on the 8V general forum of someone that had the same problem and it was also the drive shafts.

Jacques_RS3

Jacques_RS3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Hi Guys, just wanted to update you on this fault .... first off it was a bloody long wait for parts .... 6 weeks without a car and now she is better than ever.

Turns out it was the inner CV's that was the culprit here, they were causing the wobble ... car fitted with new CV's and also new flywheel (2nd one) everything is perfect now .... I hope I have trouble free km's now.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.